No announcement yet.

Official Arsalan Kazemi Rips NBA a New One Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Kareem! Fasting didn't prevent them from excelling.

Either way, it's AK's personal choice. Lets keep it at that.

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Remember Hakim?

Comment

The NBA analysts were saying such great and positive things about AK's intelligence of the game, tenacity, and work ethic.

The one thing I hope AK improves is his aggressive on both sides and scoring efficiency.

He reminds me of a blue-collared grinder like that of Kenneth Feried, David Lee, etc. he has the right attitude to be a quality NBA player.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        damn...why is he playing if his knee is messed up? they should rest him. not worth it
        I'm not watching the game (no links like you said), but it seems like he's not playing much this game.. he's only played 10 minutes so far with 1 point and 4 rebounds.
        i wonder if they gave him the option of sitting out this game... but then again, he's fighting to get a contract so i don't blame him trying to play through the pain! i just hope he doesn't hurt himself more.
        Last edited by MoJo23; 07-12-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

i still cant find a stream....but i see he played 10 min. first quarter and he's been sitting the rest of the game. Its 4th quarter now. I think he prob wont come on cuz of the injury. Its good, i hope he doesnt play. no need to get injured

Comment

New article on Kazemi!

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...ows-how-sixers

Comment

apparently the sixers are sending kazemi to play in europe for next year
              http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/7...azemi-overseas

The 76ers could send Arsalan Kazemi over to Europe, a report says. Kazemi was the 54th pick in this years draft, acquired by the 76ers in a series of moves in the second round.

Arsalan Kazemi could be headed overseas, says a report from the Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"He would get a chance to work on his game somewhere else for a year. Then [we] would have the opportunity to reassess where he is later," Hinkie said to Pompey. "I think that's an attractive opportunity for him."

Kazemi was acquired in a slew of moves in the second round of tthis past draft that saw the 76ers end up with the 54th pick in the draft (Kazemi) and 2 second round picks next year.

Kazemi averaged 9.4 points and 10 rebounds per game at Oregon last year after playing his first three years at Rice. He averaged 4.6 points and 4.6 rebounds in just over 20 minutes per game for the 76ers in the Orlando Summer League.

Should the 76ers send Kazemi overseas his contract would not yet count against the 76ers salary cap and it would delay the start of his contract. The 76ers would still retain his rights.

While playing time would always be good for a players development, with the acquisition of the D-League team it seems it would be more beneficial for the 76ers to keep Kazemi over here, where they can control the coaching staff for the team and have input on his development. Kazem is also, in my opinion, not the type of prospect where you have to concern yourself too much with delaying the start of his contract, as he may not have that much left in terms of player development and has already realized most of his potential.

Kazemi's contract would only cost around $500k this season.

Comment

WTF i dont believe that report. They are so stupid if they do that. They need someone like kazemi as mature as he is.

of all the good things the GM, coaches have said about him....cant believe they would just send him to Europe. This sux!

Comment

In all honesty though, its what is best for his career. The Euroleagues are highly respectable and pay well - better than the $20,000 he would earn in the D-League I guess.

Alternatively he could get an NBA contract, pick up $500k salary and avg 2mins for the season. I actually think the Euroleague option is perhaps the best for him, although it makes the likelyhood of his return to the NBA less.

As much as I would love for Arsalan to play in the NBA, he needs to go somewhere we he can play.
                  Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by princeofpersia1 View Post
                    In all honesty though, its what is best for his career. The Euroleagues are highly respectable and pay well - better than the $20,000 he would earn in the D-League I guess.

Alternatively he could get an NBA contract, pick up $500k salary and avg 2mins for the season. I actually think the Euroleague option is perhaps the best for him, although it makes the likelyhood of his return to the NBA less.

As much as I would love for Arsalan to play in the NBA, he needs to go somewhere we he can play.

goin to europe will ruin his career

he belong in NBA, his understanding of the game is something no other players will understand. i think this was a bs report, someone just needed to fill up the papers and occupy their time. Just his couple of summer games, the coach realized and played him more min. than anyone else.

im pretty sure he will get a contract and will play for 76ers. Arsalan himself denied this on his facebook, he said whatever news i get i will let everyone know.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                      goin to europe will ruin his career

he belong in NBA, his understanding of the game is something no other players will understand. i think this was a bs report, someone just needed to fill up the papers and occupy their time. Just his couple of summer games, the coach realized and played him more min. than anyone else.

im pretty sure he will get a contract and will play for 76ers. Arsalan himself denied this on his facebook, he said whatever news i get i will let everyone know.
                      very much agreed, no way in hell can he benefit from going to europe.

the kid came to the states, adapted his game nicely, got stronger, tougher, and better overall as a player to get to the NBA (deservingly) to get shipped to europe? if they were to go through with that, it would be a big **** you to him, he could have gone to europe at 17 or 18 if he wanted to and have been playing in the french, italian, spanish, etc. eague for the last few years, but ofcourse he wanted to stay here and work his ass off (as he has) to get to where he is. he is definitely NBA level and until there is clear evidence of him struggling, there is absolutely no reason or justification to send him to europe.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                        very much agreed, no way in hell can he benefit from going to europe.

the kid came to the states, adapted his game nicely, got stronger, tougher, and better overall as a player to get to the NBA (deservingly) to get shipped to europe? if they were to go through with that, it would be a big **** you to him, he could have gone to europe at 17 or 18 if he wanted to and have been playing in the french, italian, spanish, etc. eague for the last few years, but ofcourse he wanted to stay here and work his ass off (as he has) to get to where he is. he is definitely NBA level and until there is clear evidence of him struggling, there is absolutely no reason or justification to send him to europe.
                        ya man i hate stupid nba analysts who talk like they know whats up. i bet this guy barely knows arsalan. like u said he coulda went to europe long time ago, but he toughed it out for NBA. he has shown over and over he's capable of handling nba....hell he played well against nba all stars in world championship 3 years ago when he was barely 20, now with all this experience he's tellin us he cant? he's an idiot

i think he will sign a contract right before preseason opens up. the team is prob keeping the books clear til last min in case they wanna bring in other players. its all about adjusting the numbers.

Comment

I don't buy that bullsh... least case he might get some time in the D-League before he gets called up

Comment

the problem with US media is that they focus on few african american players that are not any better in my mind as arsalan, only because they played in a traditional college basketball program and they make a big deal out of them, til they get in trouble with the law as most turn out to be CLOWNS. if i were a GM of 76th, knowing that AK has actually graduated from college with is very rare in nba now, played international basketball with tm and is decent guy i would defiantly invest my money on this guy for the long run instead of one of these ghetto players that will cause so many headache for the organization as soon as they get the big check with substance abuse, gun position, dui etc.....
                            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by princeofpersia1 View Post
                              As long as the sixers own his rights he gets the same money in the D league as in the NBA.

This makes absolutely no sense for a couple reasons: one is as someone mentioned he is already 23, why would you waste another developmental year? And the second reason is that the sixers are TRYING TO BE BAD THIS YEAR. They got rid of all their players who can score, they did not even TRY to get an offensively competent free agent, and it is clear they are 100% looking to next years draft. Why wouldnt they want to play a late 2nd round pick with limited scoring ability 25 mins per game this season?

I am going to go out on a limb and say this will not happen. It goes completely against everything philly has done this offseason, and apparently philly is below the league minimum salary (source, footnote 11) at the moment so it would be even more stupid to defer his contract for a year. Ill be shocked if he goes to europe.

Comment

not only that but euro game is NOTHING like what Arsalan's game is. His style is NBA only, euro league u gotta be a shooter, scorer and believe it or not they have bigger players than nba (height wise) so his rebounding and blocking will be limited too. its just not for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X