Blatter to ask to move 2022 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blatter to ask to move 2022 World Cup

The evidence mounds for the World Cup to be hosted elsewhere. Perhaps qatar will host a tournament in the winter of 2022 but no doubt a tournament in the summer of 2022 with 32 teams featuring Brazil, Germany, Italy, England, France, Argentina, Holland and other traditional soccer countries will be played elsewhere.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15...winter?cc=5901
    What is diarrhea
    0%
    Juicy white pear
    0%
    shotor
    0%
    One Direction
    0%
    Javeed is banned
    0%
    Corina Miloserov
    0%
    Iranyar Redatank
    0%
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Let's just move the world cup! I can't stand qatar

Comment

Im curious to know how they plan on doing this without ruining every country and club's league schedules. you need at least a 2-3 month break in the middle of every league to do this. it will no only affect that year but the year before and after. They forget majority of players and coaches around the world arent necessarily gonna be qualified to play for the world cup. and you cant have big teams missing their major stars for 3 months in the middle of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        Im curious to know how they plan on doing this without ruining every country and club's league schedules. you need at least a 2-3 month break in the middle of every league to do this. it will no only affect that year but the year before and after. They forget majority of players and coaches around the world arent necessarily gonna be qualified to play for the world cup. and you cant have big teams missing their major stars for 3 months in the middle of the year.
        Well one way of doing it is for such players to skip the winter tournament and instead play in the one taking place in the summer.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Give it up KC, no way FIFA will ever move a World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

WRONG!

they wont destroy Japan's league and schedule!
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Move the WC already... it has nothing to do in Qatar or any other Persian Gulf state/country for that matter. The extreme heat simply doesn't allow for such a tournament. The animosity displayed by virtually every football fan alive is proof enough that this will be a giant fiasco
              Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Japan and Korea with all their economic might get a shared wc, and this tiny island run by filthy rich boogandoo sheikhs get a world cup event?
                It's absolutely absurd beyond imagination..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                  Give it up KC, no way FIFA will ever move a World Cup.
                  Do you remember the 1986 World Cup in Colombia? Neither do I. How about the Women's 2003 World Cup in China? Or the 1991 U17 World Cup in Ecuador?
                  Surely in 1982-1983 people were making comments similar to yours.

Comment

As expected. I'm sure more countries will follow suit if they insist on this nonsense.

http://au.eurosport.com/football/wor...07/story.shtml

FIFA president Sepp Blatter, who says it is "not rational" to play the tournament in its usual June-July window, intends to discuss the issue at October's executive committee meeting in Zurich.

"There is still enough time. I will bring this up to the executive committee,” he said.

"If this World Cup is to become a party for the people, you can't play football in the summer. You can cool down the stadiums, but you can't cool down the whole country."

Temperatures can hit 50C in summer in Qatar and the plan as it stands is for stadiums to be air-conditioned.

FIFA then announced that its executive committee will convene in October to discuss the issue.

A spokesman said: "As mentioned by the FIFA president yesterday, he will bring forward the matter of playing the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar in winter to the FIFA executive committee on the occasion of their next meeting scheduled for October 3 and 4, 2013.

"This matter will now be with the executive committee and we can therefore not comment further before the meeting has taken place."

The Premier League reacted negatively once more to the latest proposal to get the tournament moved, as that would disrupt the calendar for both that season and the ones before and after, and also affect broadcasting contracts.

A Premier League spokesman told Press Association Sport: "The Premier League position remains unchanged. The prospect of a winter World Cup is neither workable nor desirable for European domestic football."

Comment

Comment

LOL idiots are now proposing a November-December 2022 tournament featuring Bangladesh, Nicaragua and Namibia.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          LOL idiots are now proposing a November-December 2022 tournament featuring Bangladesh, Nicaragua and Namibia.
                          Idiots indeed, I wonder if anybody with power has the balls to say no to this retarded nonsense.. I have only experienced negativity regarding Qatar 2022, with the exception of the Qataris and Sepp Blatter
                          Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

best poll loool
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-ex...004800640.html

Little by little, the foundation of the 2022 Qatar World Cup is crumbling down. It was but a little over a week ago that FIFA president Sepp Blatter admitted what we all knew was true several years back, that a World Cup cannot take place in Qatar during the hot summer months. Now, multiple noteworthy individuals are coming forward to voice their displeasure about an event that is becoming more and more a debacle nine years before it is even set to begin.

Former German Football Association president and current FIFA executive committee member Theo Zwanziger hit out at Qatar being awarded the 2022 World Cup while speaking with Sportbild magazine. Zwanziger's quotes, which were picked up by the Associated Press on July 24, make his feelings on the subject very clear. "It was a blatant mistake," he stated. "Changing the World Cup to the winter is going deep into the structures of European national federations and also amateur football in Germany." Zwanziger also suggested that FIFA should void their decision of awarding Qatar with the World Cup and instead choose a different host nation. "If the decision at the time was really wrong you have to cancel it and avoid burdens on those previously uninvolved," he said.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore wants zero part of a winter World Cup. The Telegraph quoted Scudamore as having stated the following on the matter: "We think that the World Cup should have been bid for on the basis that it was going to be where it was going to be, and the great and good of FIFA and the wise people that made those decisions should have made their decisions in the full knowledge of what the consequences were."

"The idea of everyone just having to be disrupted and the logistics of that... it's all very easy for people that are 'presidential' - in one sense they don't have to do the work. But there's an awful lot of chaos would be caused across world football if it got moved. We'll be doing all the lobbying we can to try and persuade people that's not the right way to go."

You can be sure that the main man in charge of the world's most-watched league is not the only executive in European football who isn't keen on a winter World Cup. Top-tier teams in England, Spain, Italy, and Germany are not going to be in love with the idea of players worth millions upon millions of dollars possibly being lost to injury for any amount of time in the middle of their seasons just because somebody didn't do a real climate check before giving world football's biggest party to Qatar.

One winter World Cup won't just affect 2021-22 European seasons. It will have numerous impacts on the seasons before and after the tournament, including the movement of fixtures in order to accommodate Qualifiers. Multiple transfer windows will also likely have to be adjusted.

Then there are the television providers located around the world that shell out literally hundreds of millions of dollars in order to show EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and other matches. Networks that hold the broadcast rights to domestic leagues AND the World Cup won't be affected minus schedule changes. In the United States where that isn't the case, however, companies such as beIN Sport and NBC (and maybe ESPN nine years down the road) are likely not going to merely sit back and go on a month-long soccer hiatus while FOX broadcasts the highest-rated sporting event of the year and possibly of all time.

The hope for those who are against a winter World Cup and/or a Qatar World Cup is that Zwanziger and Scudamore speaking up will open the proverbial floodgates, and that a plethora of execs from all over Europe will go public and make similar comments sooner than later. Two things we know for sure about 2022 as of the posting of this piece are that the FIFA president says that the Qatar World Cup cannot happen in summer, and that multiple influential people in world football have publicly stated that a winter world cup will not work for a variety of reasons.

That leaves only one logical option. Doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X