Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which player from the 1998 World cup is still an active member of his national team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which player from the 1998 World cup is still an active member of his national team?

I thought you guys might want to do a little trivia. So now Mehdi Mahdavikia was only 19 years old. However he retired from Team Melli a while ago. The player that I'm thinking about is one of the most prolific strikers in the world.
    sigpic

Easy as he is kind of a hamshahri.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Easy as he is kind of a hamshahri.
      Hehe whose hamshahri KC? The answer is not Mahdavikia let me say also that he's not even Iranian!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chichinaldo View Post
        Hehe whose hamshahri KC? The answer is not Mahdavikia let me say also that he's not even Iranian!
        I know. By hamshahri I meant the place I currently live.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Zlatan !!!!

Comment

easy one! none other than the legend gianlugi buffon
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
              easy one! none other than the legend gianlugi buffon
              Even though Buffon was part of the 1998 Italy World Cup squad he didn't feature a single game for his country as Gianluca Pagliuca was pretty fit.

Also Zlatan was just a youngster in Malmo back in 1998.

The player That I'm talking about played in the 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010 World Cups! If his country qualifies, he'll be in the 2014 World Cup as well!
              sigpic

Comment

i was going to go with benni mccarthy of south africa but im pretty sure he retired.

oh wait, is it miroslav klose?
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                  i was going to go with benni mccarthy of south africa but im pretty sure he retired.

oh wait, is it miroslav klose?
                  The first one, McCarthy retired as you mentioned. The second option did not play in 1998, most likely he won't be a part of Germany's squad for next year either.
                  sigpic

Comment

my next guess would have been samuel eto but cameroon didnt make it in 2006.
                    it cant be del piero either because he retired from international football.

i give up!
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

^^ Samuel Etoo should be the right answer

Comment

The only player it could be is Henry but he has retired from international football

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                          ^^ Samuel Etoo should be the right answer
                          Cameroon didn't qualify for Germany 2006, so Eto'o isn't the answer.

Comment

I believe Lee Dong Gook is still an active player for South Korea. I'm not sure if you consider him as a prolific striker though...

EDIT: Ok, he wasn't a member of the Korean team in 2002, and an injury prevented him from playing in 2006. So I guess it's not him

Comment

David Beckham but he retired as well after his injury with Ac milan right before WC2010
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X