European playoffs WC 2014 Qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    I could address the other things you have mentioned including the 2nd post about bullets and knives but I wanna zero in on the bolded part. When you say they would be more American than Iranian, does that imply that you are acknowledging that they are in fact Iranian (although in your opinion not as much as they are American)?
    Not talking about citizenship and speaking only in terms of a tribe and belonging to a group, I wouldn't consider them Iranian. If they had an affinity for things Iranian, then you could group them as Iranian-American.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
      Not talking about citizenship and speaking only in terms of a tribe and belonging to a group, I wouldn't consider them Iranian. If they had an affinity for things Iranian, then you could group them as Iranian-American.
      Talk about citizenship and let me know the answer to the same question.
      On a side note would anyone who has an affinity for things of another country be considered to belong to that country in your opinion?

Actually now that I think about it I will not continue this discussion as this is a mirror image of your previous discussion of trying to convince us that Canada did not exist until the 1980s. I don't believe you are having a discussion and trying to prove your point but rather are just arguing for the sake of argument which should have become apparent to me after you claimed guns, knives, samurai swords and machetes don't hurt people.

But on the off chance that you are genuine in your belief that Zlatan is not Bosnian, I will leave you with your insistence that the individual needs to have an affinity for things of the country in question. I don't know how much more affinity one can show than trying to be one of only 22 individuals to represent the said country.

Rugs I have seen your posts and arguments before and while at times I may disagree with them but I always give you credit for having an opinion and backing it up. That's not the case this time (talking about tribes, Kaebi's ethnicity vs nationality, tracing Ando's lineage back to the 1600s when Iran has only been a country in the modern sense for about a century, the weapons example, acknowledging dual nationalities but then taking it back, the affinity factor for establishing a nationality, etc.) which is why I believe you are just messing around and why I will not respond any further. If this is in fact your genuine opinion then we will just have to disagree.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Talk about citizenship and let me know the answer to the same question.
        I don't know the specifics of US or Canadian law, but I think they are the closest to my opinion. In that if you live in a country for a certain amount of time and show that you are a member of that society/tribe/group then you can gain citizenship.

I also believe in the marriage and birth laws in Iran for citizenship. It allows those outside of Iran to enter society and be a part of it if they choose.

On a side note would anyone who has an affinity for things of another country be considered to belong to that country in your opinion?
        No. I believe in the tribe. You live with the tribe to become a part of it. That defines a person in my opinion.

Actually now that I think about it I will not continue this discussion as this is a mirror image of your previous discussion of trying to convince us that Canada did not exist until the 1980s. I don't believe you are having a discussion and trying to prove your point but rather are just arguing for the sake of argument which should have become apparent to me after you claimed guns, knives, samurai swords and machetes don't hurt people.
        Well you are wrong and twisting my words. I said Canada was a different country with different laws and a different name after the Canada Act, which is true.

You claimed electricity to be man made and I pointed out it wasnt.

Don't blame me for flaws in your argument. This whole thing is about you claiming Zlatan is not Swedish, when in fact he is. So I was playing the role of devil's advocate and then added my own opinion when you asked for it.

But on the off chance that you are genuine in your belief that Zlatan is not Bosnian, I will leave you with your insistence that the individual needs to have an affinity for things of the country in question. I don't know how much more affinity one can show than trying to be one of only 22 individuals to represent the said country.
        There you go again. I did not say Zlatan was not Bosnian. I said he was Swedish because you claimed he was not Swedish. I am arguing for him being Swedish, not not being Bosnian.

Rugs I have seen your posts and arguments before and while at times I may disagree with them but I always give you credit for having an opinion and backing it up. That's not the case this time (talking about tribes, Kaebi's ethnicity vs nationality, tracing Ando's lineage back to the 1600s when Iran has only been a country in the modern sense for about a century, the weapons example, acknowledging dual nationalities but then taking it back, the affinity factor for establishing a nationality, etc.) which is why I believe you are just messing around and why I will not respond any further. If this is in fact your genuine opinion then we will just have to disagree.
        I think you are not getting my argument. I am using those examples to show the flaws in your blood argument. That is why I used the Ando and Kaebi as examples. That is also why I discussed the "tribe". I know people in Iran who are not born of Iranian parents but have lived in Iran all their lives and are more Iranian in my view than the Iranians I saw in the US.

But like I said, I am taking the position against your argument that Zlatan is not Swedish because he is not of Swedish "blood". I disagree with that idea and I was waiting for you to give a convincing argument, that is why I gave answers to all your questions. I could also make assumptions about your arguments like you did of mine, but I will accept simply disagreeing if that is what it is determined for us to settle on
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
          I could also make assumptions about your arguments like you did of mine, but I will accept simply disagreeing if that is what it is determined for us to settle on
          That would probably be best because while I still believe you are just messing with me, even if you aren't I doubt other one of us will convince the other of their point.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

ibra is bosnian. he will watch bosnia in the world cup and cheer for them. he can be born in a country adopt their customs and take their passport and even play for their national team but he will always be boisnian even though he never spent a day there. look at davari,zandi,dejagah,ghoochnejad....i know iranians who were born in canada dont speak farsi,never been to iran,their parents dont practice iranian customs and culturally are canadianized but when you ask the kid what nationality he has he says iranian. that affiliation that occurs with a country you never visited and a place you know nothing about is blood. your last name says more than your passport. any naturalized players who play for other national teams fantacized at some point about representing their country. that affiliation and love for a country no matter how lowly a country and how small and insignificant is blood. it lasts and is in explainable.

Comment

Originally posted by PERSIANMAFIA View Post
              World Cup is nothing without me' - Ibrahimovic

Following Sweden's defeat to Portugal in a World Cup play-off the attacker made the incredible claim that Brazil 2014 will not be worth watching now that he is not involved

Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic has made a startling assertion that the 2014 World Cup will not be worth watching following his side's elimination from the play-offs because he will not be there.

Ibrahimovic could not prevent his side's hopes of making it to Brazil from being dashed despite scoring a double, as Cristiano Ronaldo stole the show with an outstanding hat-trick to win the match for Portugal in the second leg play-off 3-2 (4-2 on aggregate).

The 32-year-old, who admits it might be his last attempt to reach a World Cup, says the major tournament being held next June will not be worth following now that he will not be involved.

"It was probably the last attempt to reach the World Cup with the national team for me. One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me is nothing to watch so it is not worth while to wait for the World Cup," he said to his app Zlatan unplugged.

"Congratulations to Portugal, but both teams deserved to get to the World Cup.

"The disappointment of course is great now that the World Cup in Brazil will remain a dream for the Swedish national team."
              LOL judging by the Uruguay-England game this is one very confused Bosnian!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X