FIFA's Sepp Blatter suggests scrapping WC qualifying playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA's Sepp Blatter suggests scrapping WC qualifying playoffs

ZURICH (AP) - FIFA President Sepp Blatter says World Cup qualification should not involve playoffs, despite the drama they provide.
    Blatter has suggested finding ''a solution where at the end of the qualification you are in or out and not this playoff.''
    His comments from FIFA website interview were made this week before first-leg matches next week in four European playoffs and two intercontinental playoffs.

Blatter has recently urged some FIFA confederations to seek more guaranteed entries in the 32-team World Cup at Europe's expense.

UEFA President Michel Platini suggests a 40-team World Cup, with entry quotas becoming an issue in the 2015 FIFA presidential election.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

vaaay cheghad zer mizane in martike

the whole point of qualifications is the drama and excitement...if you add everyone in with 40 teams then alot of crap teams can make it. aside from europe or s. america, alot of the asian, african, north american teams just bring down the quality of the tournament. but i wouldnt be against having more european teams in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

the whole point of qualifications is the drama and excitement...if you add everyone in with 40 teams then alot of crap teams can make it. aside from europe or s. america, alot of the asian, african, north american teams just bring down the quality of the tournament. but i wouldnt be against having more european teams in the competition.
      Do you consider iran as a crap team?

Comment

^^i do, just watch the way we play football and the rest of asia, Japan, Korea, Australia play football the difference is really evident
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

this guy better die or retire soon as he will screw up the beautiful game with his "master planes". for FIFA they see everything as money now!! anything and everything that can bring money they will do. even if it means to make the number of teams in the world cup to 60 teams!
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Do you consider iran as a crap team?
            yes

but we do put up a good show

Comment

Working...
            X