Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket in Iran

Hello,
    Good morning every body. In the website buytermlife.com I have got some information about term life insurance. Is there any such insurance provider in Asia specially in Bangladesh?
    Thank you very much.

no one plays cricket in Iran, I'm pretty sure only ex-British colonies play cricket.

Comment

It was very popular before '79, it has a long history in Iran: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polo
      Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Bro, he's talking about cricket, Polo and Cricket are two different sports, and as far as i know Iranians don't play cricket. It seems to be a sport mainly popular in South Asia, but not in west and east Asia, as someone said earlier it might have to do with South Asian countries being ex British colonies.

Originally posted by Kaveh11 View Post
        It was very popular before '79, it has a long history in Iran: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polo

Comment

I saw some Pakistani/Indian students playing cricket in the afternoon summer heat of Iran!!!

Comment

Sorry, I read too fast there... disregard my post.

I should get back to work
            Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

This is the Iranian football forum. Moved the thread to the general forum.
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

There is a baseball league in Iran, but have never seen cricket.
                راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

It's mainly played in the Baluchistan area of Iran, probably due to cultural influence from Pakistan. I believe we have a team, but it's not very active, probably due to lack of funding.

Comment

cricket in Iran is nonexistant. I personally hate the game it bores me and a match can last days which is crazy.

Comment

Yes we have plenty of crickets in Iran

Formerly known as Blue

Comment

As mighty warlord Ahmadinejad has declared, we have no homosexuals in Iran. Therefore no cricket.

Comment

A few years ago, Iran wanted to join the international rugby league. Their petition was rejected (I don't know why). But cricket is .... well I guess people should be able to play what ever "sport" they like.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Iran is an affiliate to ICC (International Cricket Council) since 2003 but not active. There was one body that looked after baseball and cricket but i think they are more into baseball than cricket.

By the way cricket is a great game, where strenght of mind and concentration is 70% of the game. I have represented a national team in cricket but unfortunately it wasnt Iran. I am also a coach for cricket, so if iran has a team ever, i am happy to lend a hand

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
                              Yes we have plenty of crickets in Iran

Thats a grasshopper not a cricket

Comment

Working...
                              X