Euro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro 2016

The qualifying draw was announced today for Euro 2016.

-----

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-cent...der_news_box_4

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

They should revert it back to 8 teams so it's back to when every game was interesting. Now that they allow every koor and kachal in only the last week of the games is worth watching.

Look at Euro 88: Germany vs. Italy, Italy vs. Spain, Germany vs. Spain, Denmark vs. Spain, Holland vs. Soviet Union, Holland vs. England, England vs. Soviet Union, Italy vs. Soviet Union, Holland vs. Germany. There were hardly any games not worth watching.
    Hopefully in this addition national teams will consist of players with the given country's nationality.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

France aint in Group I. France are directly qualified cause they are the host nation

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
        France aint in Group I. France are directly qualified cause they are the host nation
        They are. They will play in qualifiers but regardless of their results will take part in the finals.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Sorry, just copied it from the article.

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          They are. They will play in qualifiers but regardless of their results will take part in the finals.
          Wait, what? How is this possible? I'm pretty sure they qualify automatically as hosts. & I don't see them in Group I:
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_E...ifying#Group_I

edit: Just reread the article - "There are eight groups of six teams as well as one - Group I - that contains five nations. However, France are also allocated to that group and will play friendly matches against those teams, for which no points will be awarded."

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            They should revert it back to 8 teams so it's back to when every game was interesting. Now that they allow every koor and kachal in only the last week of the games is worth watching.

Look at Euro 88: Germany vs. Italy, Italy vs. Spain, Germany vs. Spain, Denmark vs. Spain, Holland vs. Soviet Union, Holland vs. England, England vs. Soviet Union, Italy vs. Soviet Union, Holland vs. Germany. There were hardly any games not worth watching.
            Hopefully in this addition national teams will consist of players with the given country's nationality.
            I prefer the current format with the top 2 going directly in & 3rd place having playoffs, as opposed to 2012 where only the top team went directly in & 2nd place had playoffs. This way, Sweden should be in for sure

Comment

France games don't count, it's just like friendlies
              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                I prefer the current format with the top 2 going directly in & 3rd place having playoffs, as opposed to 2012 where only the top team went directly in & 2nd place had playoffs. This way, Sweden should be in for sure
                and nations such as Bosnia and Turkey won't miss it nor russia!

Comment

Okay let see. What nations deserve to be in the Euro 2016.

Group A: Czech Republic, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Netherlands, Turkey

Clearly Turkey and Netherlands. Third place will be fought by Czech Republic and Iceland.

Group B: Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Israel, Wales

Bosnia and Belgium, This place will most likely be Israel

Group C: Belarus, FYR Macedonia, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine

Spain will win. Then its between Slovakia, Macedonia and Ukraine for second and third place.

Group D: Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Scotland

Germany and Poland. With Ireland and Scotland fighting for third

Group E: England, Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino, Slovenia, Switzerland

England, Switzerland. Slovenia will come third

Group F: Faroe Islands, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Romania

Greece and Romania will make it with Hungary coming third or North Ireland

Group G: Austria, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden

Sweden and Austria will make it russia in third or maybe even monetengro

Group H: Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy, Malta, Norway

Italy and Croatia. Third place will most likely be bulgaria but azerbaijan and norway can upset.

Group I: Albania, Armenia, Denmark, France, Portugal, Serbia

This is a hard group. Albania, Denmark, Porutgal and Serbia all good teams. Ronaldo will most likey take Portugal to euro 2016.

Comment

Gibraltar is now a country??

i hate how all these little ass town who are indepent countries with no chance of anything take part in these qualifiers hence messing up the groups cuz those games are automatic 6 points for MOST of the teams in that group. these free points end up getting some of the better teams not making it.

they need to make it like asia where its 2 rounds....filter out some of the crap countries

Comment

Okay let see. What nations deserve to be in the Euro 2016.

Group A: Czech Republic, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Netherlands, Turkey

Clearly Turkey and Netherlands. Third place will be fought by Czech Republic and Iceland.

Group B: Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Israel, Wales

Bosnia and Belgium, This place will most likely be Israel

Group C: Belarus, FYR Macedonia, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine

Spain will win. Then its between Slovakia, Macedonia and Ukraine for second and third place.

Group D: Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Scotland

Germany and Poland. With Ireland and Scotland fighting for third

Group E: England, Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino, Slovenia, Switzerland

England, Switzerland. Slovenia will come third

Group F: Faroe Islands, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Romania

Greece and Romania will make it with Hungary coming third or North Ireland

Group G: Austria, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden

Sweden and Austria will make it russia in third or maybe even monetengro

Group H: Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy, Malta, Norway

Italy and Croatia. Third place will most likely be bulgaria but azerbaijan and norway can upset.

Group I: Albania, Armenia, Denmark, France, Portugal, Serbia

This is a hard group. Albania, Denmark, Porutgal and Serbia all good teams. Ronaldo will most likey take Portugal to euro 2016.
                      My predictions:

Group A: 1st Netherlands, 2nd Turkey, 3rd Czech Republic
                      B: Belgium, Bosnia, Wales
                      C: Spain, Ukraine, Slovakia
                      D: Germany, Poland, Ireland (looking forward to the Germany vs Poland & Ireland vs Scotland matches, as well as Gibraltar's debut)
                      E: Switzerland, England, Slovenia
                      F: Greece, Romania, Hungary
                      G: Sweden, Austria, Russia (Montenegro will pose a tough test too, they might sneak in)
                      H: Italy, Croatia, Norway
                      I (Group of Death): Portugal, Denmark, Serbia

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        Gibraltar is now a country??

i hate how all these little ass town who are indepent countries with no chance of anything take part in these qualifiers hence messing up the groups cuz those games are automatic 6 points for MOST of the teams in that group. these free points end up getting some of the better teams not making it.

they need to make it like asia where its 2 rounds....filter out some of the crap countries
                        Gibraltar were only given full Uefa membership in May 2013, have only played one official match so far - a 0-0 draw against Slovakia.

Comment

Looking at this list and being the qualification it makes me realize how many truly shit football countries Europe actually has

Comment

Working...
                          X