Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ thanks for that info Javeed.

Comment

The reason wrestling was almost eliminated from the Olympic program is exactly this!

FILA is extremely incompetent, this is an event they need to promote and advertise. It sad when an Iranian in LA hasn't heard about the event, it speaks volumes about the lack of advertising. I also blame part of this on USA Wrestling as well as the venue.

There were a good amount of Iranians in the audience but it was a small number considering So Cal's massive Iranian population.

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      WTF how come no one promoted this in LA ???

I'm so pissed, i woulda went!

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
        The reason wrestling was almost eliminated from the Olympic program is exactly this!

FILA is extremely incompetent, this is an event they need to promote and advertise. It sad when an Iranian in LA hasn't heard about the event, it speaks volumes about the lack of advertising. I also blame part of this on USA Wrestling as well as the venue.

There were a good amount of Iranians in the audience but it was a small number considering So Cal's massive Iranian population.

yea man i agree.....its the fault of the federation and im a big fan who follows stuff on the internet and i didnt hear it. imagine all the other iroonis who dont check things online. its also disappointing that other la persian media dont advertise these things. at least promote shit on facebook or something. i guess if its not k0sosher concert, movies or events to ask for money it doesnt get promoted by iranian media

such a shame

Comment

Its sooooooooooo true. I've noticed in Iranian communities outside Iran, everything is promoted and advertised (concerts, movies, books) except sporting events.

To be honest, although the fans made a good amount of noise, I was disappointed at the number that showed up and was wondering what the problem was. Now I know, it is crazy that you as an Iranian sports fan in LA didn;t hear about this event..

yea man i agree.....its the fault of the federation and im a big fan who follows stuff on the internet and i didnt hear it. imagine all the other iroonis who dont check things online. its also disappointing that other la persian media dont advertise these things. at least promote shit on facebook or something. i guess if its not k0sosher concert, movies or events to ask for money it doesnt get promoted by iranian media

such a shame

Comment

Its sooooooooooo true. I've noticed in Iranian communities outside Iran, everything is promoted and advertised (concerts, movies, books) except sporting events.

To be honest, although the fans made a good amount of noise, I was disappointed at the number that showed up and was wondering what the problem was. Now I know, it is crazy that you as an Iranian sports fan in LA didn;t hear about this event..
            Did you post it here? i must have missed it

next time put it in the title. im disappointed i missed it too

Comment

The 2014 Greco-Roman World Cup is coming up in May. It will be held in Tehran!!!
              We had won the GR world cup 3 years in a row from 2010-2012, those damn Russians won it last years, we came in 2nd. Time to retake the throne in Greco-Roman as well!
              It was mainly our second string GR-wrestlers. Imagine our dream team consisting of: Sourian, Nematpour, Abdevali, Noorozi, Rezaie etc. They are all the best in their weight classes.

Comment

Yeah bro, its crazy how good the state of both our GR and Freestyle wrestling is. In these past 5+ years we have been legitimate threats in both disciplines which is surprising because historically we haven't had a lot of success in Greco. The weird part is that our Greco even has better wrestlers and more potential than our freestyle. It is a really nice problem to have. We pretty much have a world champion or an olympic champion at almost every single weight in Greco . It is insane how stacked we are.

If we don't fall off, we will destroy the podium in Rio in 2016 and keep killing it at the world championships.

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                It was mainly our second string GR-wrestlers. Imagine our dream team consisting of: Sourian, Nematpour, Abdevali, Noorozi, Rezaie etc. They are all the best in their weight classes.

Comment

I made this thread a day or 2 before the event. I should have made it MUCH earlier so maybe you and some other members would have seen it sooner. It was my mistake.

Did you post it here? i must have missed it

next time put it in the title. im disappointed i missed it too

Comment

WTF how come no one promoted this in LA ???
                    I'm so pissed, i woulda went!
                    they know you would have gone, thats why the didnt promote it there
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Good to see Iranian Americans supporting both sides
                      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-Los-Angeles!

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

So happy to see our Pahlevans in dominate form. Iran is the powerhouse of wrestling!

Btw..wrestling has brought Iran, Russia, and the U.S. together to perserve this historical and rich sport in the Olympics.

Comment

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Hey everyone
                            I know this is late, but I went to this event and I thought to share a few things with you guys.

First off: The fans

The games took place at the LA Forum in Inglewood, a part of Los Angeles. The stadium capacity was at about 17,000 people but unfortunately, it was largely empty. Probably only 20% of the seats were filled up by all the fans. However, there were by far more Iranian fans than any other fans for any team in the tournament, even more than for Team USA! The atmosphere in the Iranian section was great and everybody yelled their hearts out for our wrestlers. Something interesting, however, was that I expected to see loads of Shir-o-Khorshid flags and Tehrangeles kinds of people at the event. I was surprised to see not a single Shir-o-Khorshid flag on the first day, and only one on the second day. A huge number of the women were wearing hijab and the men all looked Hezbollahi and religous. I feel that a lot of these people flew in from Iran to watch the event. I think one reason that the event wasn't very publicized in the media here might have been because the IR didn't want to see too many Tehrangeles Iranians showing up throwing a whole political fiasco.

Secondly, the wrestling matches:
                            As you guys know, we pretty much dominated every team we played. We first played Armenia, and we crushed them 8-0 with our A team. Then we played Turkey and beat them 7-1, with our B team. We beat India 8-0 with our A team and beat USA 5-3 with our A team.
                            Something interesting as well that was cited in the media: While Iran wasn't playing their matches and the USA matches were going on, many of the Iranian fans were shouting "USA!" and supporting the American wrestlers. This really made us look good in front of the American fans and wrestlers.
                            Another thing was, after our 74 kg guy lost his match to Jordan Burroughs, Ezatollah Akbari, he was bawling like crazy. He seems like a really emotional wrestler. At least he is still young and has time to improve. He is very talented.

Third, the Wrestlers:
                            I had the awesome opportunity to get to meet and greet with the Iranian wrestlers as well as wrestlers of the other teams. All of our wrestlers were classy, nice, and respectful and it was awesome to meet them. Rasoul Khadem as well was a great guy. They all happily signed autographs and took pictures.
                            Also, I had an interesting encounter with the Armenian wrestling team. Speaking to one of their translators, one of the wrestlers told me that Armenia, Russia, and all of the other European teams had sent their "second string" or B team to the World Cup because they said their main wrestlers were training for the upcoming European Championships. I had a hard time believing him because I feel he was just bitter over how his country got crushed by us But I don't know

I got to go to the banquet afterwards and Maz Jobrani showed up! He performed a short comedy routine and entertained the wrestlers and everybody. He also took pics with everybody and was an awesome guy.
                            Overall it was an awesome event!

Comment

russia had their B team except for at most 2 wrestlers

Comment

Originally posted by Kian Jan View Post
                                Also, I had an interesting encounter with the Armenian wrestling team. Speaking to one of their translators, one of the wrestlers told me that Armenia, Russia, and all of the other European teams had sent their "second string" or B team to the World Cup because they said their main wrestlers were training for the upcoming European Championships. I had a hard time believing him because I feel he was just bitter over how his country got crushed by us But I don't know
                                Actually it's almost true. except for Ukraine the rest of Europeans didn't send their best team.

but except Russia it could not change anything, countries like Armenia and Turkey only have one of two good wrestlers not a good team. if we field our best team, we can beat A teams of Turkey and Armenia 7-1 at worst.

Georgia sent a much better team to Takhti Cup in Iran and they still lost to our 2nd/3rd tier wrestlers. still Georgia is a much better team than likes of Turkey and Armenia.

Ukraine was there with almost the best possible lineup.

but Russian team wasn't even a B team ! those are mostly Yarygin tournament silver and bronze medalists . only Lebedev (57 kg), Urishev (86kg) and Kudiamagomedov (86kg) made their NT for a world championship before. they missed wrestlers like Otarsultanov, Goygereev, Tsargush, Kurbanaliev, Gadisov and Gatsalov here. I think our A team in best shape is equal to Russia A team.

Comment

Working...
                                X