Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former FC Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova passed away at age 45

Although not Iran related, R.I.P Tito Vilanova

The ex-Barcelona coach was hospitalised following a drastic downturn in his health which required emergency surgery, but was tragically unable to survive his battle with cancer

Former Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has died at the age of 45, the club have confirmed, after unsuccessful emergency surgery.
    The ex-central midfielder was admitted to hospital following a downturn in his health which required an operation on his stomach on Thursday, with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu confirming the trainer was "fighting" for his life.
    However, Vilanova, whose post-playing career has been tragically plagued by cancer, was unable to battle any longer and passed away on Friday afternoon.
    The ex-central midfielder's public health problems began after he suffered a relapse of parotid gland cancer in 2012 - a year after his original diagnosis - just six months into his tenure as head coach at Camp Nou as Pep Guardiola's successor.
    He underwent surgery in December 2012, with Jordi Roura taking his place on the bench while he recovered in New York, before returning in March 2013 to see out the rest of the reason and guide Barca to La Liga victory.
    However, his continued health woes saw his unexpectedly step down as coach of the Catalans last summer, with Gerardo Martino taking the reins in his place.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...died-at-age-45

As a diehard Barcelona fan I'm totally shocked by this news. He was a great replacement for Pep and could've stayed, but it wasn't meant to be....
    May he R.I.P and my condolences to his family!
    Last edited by 04041374; 04-25-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Rip Tito. Very sad.

Comment

Goodnight sweet prince.

Comment

RIP, we will never forget you Tito.

Comment

RIP Tito, you never got the chance to coach Barca, i believe if he didn't have to deal with his illness his year in charge would have been way more successful, RIP, he was great man (
            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
            Villa + Messi =

Comment

Rest in peace

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

rip tito

Comment

RIP Tito!

I wonder how Mourinho feels for poking him in the eye for no reason in El Classico!
                  He expressed his condolences, but how did he treat him when he was alive?

Comment

tragic news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27199103

beautiful photos..
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Working...
                    X