Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Calm down bro, he is just fooling around. Don't look much into it

I'm sorry for my language. Az khab bidar misham ino mibinam. He thinks he is funny but he is not. I can take meaningful jokes or sarcasm no matter how mean, but this dude is an old ass man. I'm 20 years old and his humor is too juvenile for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      I'm sorry for my language. Az khab bidar misham ino mibinam. He thinks he is funny but he is not. I can take meaningful jokes or sarcasm no matter how mean, but this dude is an old ass man. I'm 20 years old and his humor is too juvenile for me.
      That's his ''cool Sargasm''.

Bikhial dadash

Comment

Originally posted by Persi_Le_Grand View Post
        But IMO the focus should be more on FRED. That guy was the one who dived and when he stood up, he looked up and aimed to the sky with his fingers! I think thats an more important issue! That he was so audacious to do that too!
        great point. football is too forgiving. cheaters in football, in general, get of the hook very easily. which is unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
          what the hell is wrong with you? why are you so hate filled and attack everyone on this forum? You are a grown ass man, khejalat bekesh, in kara yani chi? man faghat darbaryeh ye theory harf zadam hamin.

ahmagh.

do you realize that your first port about linking the bad refereeing yesterday to Croatians being racially related to iran and therefore refs hating iran and therefore hating Croatia was so utterly nonsensical that prompted me to ridicule you?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
            do you realize that your first port about linking the bad refereeing yesterday to Croatians being racially related to iran and therefore refs hating iran and therefore hating Croatia was so utterly nonsensical that prompted me to ridicule you?
            I thought you are the king of sarcasm, how could you not detect the sarcasm in my post. I literally said couple posts later that I'm kidding.

Comment

Guys, I have a SERIOUS issue with the level of hate being dished out toward Brazil in this thread. For god's sake we're playing in a world cup in BRAZIL, in front of Brazilians with Brazilian security guards protecting the TM camp - not to mention that we need all the support we can get, from Brazilians, refs who like Brazil, and hell even FIFA.

Can you imagine if someone from Brazilian media read this thread and printed the opinions of "Iranian fans" about Brazil and FIFA in a popular daily in Sao Paolo or any of the cities we play in? You think you're pissed now, how are you going to feel about Brazilians, refs and FIFA turning against us?!

Unless you have a Croatian wife, suck it up a bit - who care about Croatia? Like they didn't get their own lucky calls in '98? Like there haven't been questionable calls in every world cup for and against every team? Why sacrifice the well being and fan base for TM or the way referees and FIFA are going to look at Iran to speak in support of Croatia, why?! You think Croatians would give a $hit if our positions were reversed?!

For once, let's get our priorities right - this world cup should be primarily about TM and Iran for us and we're also being hosted by Brazilians. Is it ever a good idea to hate on your hosts?! They got lucky, so what? Good for them - poor guys have played in every freaking' world cup and for once they get lucky with a call, after 98 games, finally in front of their home fans at a critical juncture in their country, after all the hate directed at their preparations by western media, something goes their way!

Now Fred is the face of evil, like 9 out of 10 of us who ever played football would not have done the exact same thing! Baba, let it go and let's enjoy Brazil and Brazilians for having been such gracious hosts so far. So, lady luck gave them a little kiss after 8 decades - you don't say fcuk lady luck, you say thank you lady luck, put a couple of kisses on our cheeks too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Guys, I have a SERIOUS issue with the level of hate being dished out toward Brazil in this thread. For god's sake we're playing in a world cup in BRAZIL, in front of Brazilians with Brazilian security guards protecting the TM camp - not to mention that we need all the support we can get, from Brazilians, refs who like Brazil, and hell even FIFA.
                Can you imagine if someone from Brazilian media read this thread and printed the opinions of "Iranian fans" about Brazil and FIFA in a popular daily in Sao Paolo or any of the cities we play in? You think you're pissed now, how are you going to feel about Brazilians, refs and FIFA turning against us?!
                Unless you have a Croatian wife, suck it up a bit - who care about Croatia? Like they didn't get their own lucky calls in '98? Like there haven't been questionable calls in every world cup for and against every team? Why sacrifice the well being and fan base for TM or the way referees and FIFA are going to look at Iran to speak in support of Croatia, why?! You think Croatians would give a $hit if our positions were reversed?!
                For once, let's get our priorities right - this world cup should be primarily about TM and Iran for us and we're also being hosted by Brazilians. Is it ever a good idea to hate on your hosts?! They got lucky, so what? Good for them - poor guys have played in every freaking' world cup and for once they get lucky with a call, after 98 games, finally in front of their home fans at a critical juncture in their country, something goes their way. Just let it go and enjoy the cup and that we're playing in BRAZIL.
                It's not really hate towards Brazil but I think the way they won yesterday was unfair, whether you like it or not.

I think every single of us can agree with the fact the penalty was not a fair call. But I somewhat understand the referee decided to give a penalty since you are under tremendous pressure with 80.000 Brazilians screaming for it. Also there is always a home advantage when it comes down to giving penalties.

Truth to be told, I don't think Brazil will win the championship with this form. Against bigger teams they will get truly exposed. Just my cents.

And about Croatia, not worried a lot. They looked like a decent team which can make the round of 16, but lack of stamina and some defensive / goalkeeping errors will hurt them badly. In my eyes they looked pretty slow / exhausted in the second half.

Comment

Comment

It's not really hate towards Brazil but I think the way they won yesterday was unfair, whether you like it or not.

I think every single of us can agree with the fact the penalty was not a fair call. But I somewhat understand the referee decided to give a penalty since you are under tremendous pressure with 80.000 Brazilians screaming for it. Also there is always a home advantage when it comes down to giving penalties.

Truth to be told, I don't think Brazil will win the championship with this form. Against bigger teams they will get truly exposed. Just my cents.

And about Croatia, not worried a lot. They looked like a decent team which can make the round of 16, but lack of stamina and some defensive / goalkeeping errors will hurt them badly. In my eyes they looked pretty slow / exhausted in the second half.
                    Sure, it was unfair bro. I would have preferred to see them win the game cleanly or tie it. That didn't happen. I don't think that makes FIFA or the ref. or Brazil's team or Brazilian fans evil. As the old deep rooted philosophy goes, shit happens! Why stress ourselves about it or think that there's a huge conspiracy in which everyone in the world is involved except us, when it has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Frankly, I have never liked Brazil as a team and have always rooted against them. But I'm also a good "mehmoon" and for as long as they're hosting our team there and continue to be gracious hosts, I'm going to be rooting for them and if they get lulcky, so be it. We should just try and enjoy the tournament and the fact that we're there, rather than turning it into a stressful, negative, daei jaan napeleon experience - that's all I'm trying to say.

Comment

BTW Kiarash jaan, if you look at the animated GIFs you posted, you'll notice that Lovren has his left hand on top of Fred's shoulder - which we all knew pretty much.

But what I hadn't noticed watching the replays when the game was going on is that he (Lovren) also takes a huge sideways step to the right as Fred's just about to turn to his right. That would put a sideways force on Fred's shoulder and as HZV said earlier in the thread, you're already off balance in these turn situations.

Fred obviously took full advantage of that contact, but there was definitely contact and even a sideways force on his shoulder, whether it was enough to actually bring him down, we'll never know, but it was enough for him to feel it enough to convincingly time his fall to fool/convince the ref.

Comment

BTW Kiarash jaan, if you look at the animated GIFs you posted, you'll notice that Lovren has his left hand on top of Fred's shoulder - which we all knew pretty much. But what I hadn't noticed watching the replays when the game was going on is that he (Lovren) also takes a huge sideways step to the right as Fred's just about to turn to his right. That would put a sideways force on Fred's shoulder and as HZV said earlier in the thread, you're already off balance in these turn situations and Fred obviously took full advantage of that contact, but there was definitely contact and even a sideway force on his shoulder.
                        The contact between Lovren and Fred was very slim, it's like one touch with my pink on your left shoulder for example. Fred made out an entire show of it, while Lovren literally stood there doing nothing and waving his hands in the air. How could he even pull him down?!

Comment

I LOVE your GIFS. I laughed so hard at the mortal kombat one.

Comment

The contact between Lovren and Fred was very slim, it's like one touch with my pink on your left shoulder for example. Fred made out an entire show of it, while Lovren literally stood there doing nothing and waving his hands in the air. How could he even pull him down?!
                            TBH bro, I don't think he intentionally brought him down, but he gave Fred enough of a reason to make an entire show out of it as you said. Can we agree that Lovren's hand shouldn't have been there in the first place and for that, he should take at least part of the blame?

BTW, the more I look at that clip, in addition to the contact, there is a clear yank from Lovren on Fred's shoulder. Just look for it right before Fred falls.

Comment

TBH bro, I don't think he intentionally brought him down, but he gave Fred enough of a reason to make an entire show out of it as you said. Can we agree that Lovren's hand shouldn't have been there in the first place and for that, he should take at least part of the blame?
                              Well, I don't think Lovren is to blame. If you place your hand pretty softly like he did one your opponents shoulder, it's still not to be considered as a foul. Simply because it is no rough play! In fact, Fred could pass the ball properly or even dribble through him with Lovrens hand on his shoulder.

Divers like Fred deserve straight red.

Comment

As Fred tried to get to the ball lovren holds him back - that is a foul. Fred did go down rather easily but that's besides the point, the defender impeded him and it was a penalty. Admittedly it was a soft penalty but it was one.

Comment

Working...
                                X