Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R16: Belgium vs United States [FIFA World Cup 2014] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R16: Belgium vs United States [FIFA World Cup 2014] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

If belgium defeats argentina and Holland wins against Costa Rica then we have a belgium holland semi final!! But I'm afraid of Messi and Di maria..

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
    CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
      Well, thats because as a whole, group D was weaker than group H, because everyone assumed that Costa Rica wouldn't get to the next round... turns out they won the group. Every team in the USA's group had a great chance to get to the next round.
      Group B was also tough, but again, Australia holds that group down.
      I think you mean Group G.

But group D(Italy, Uruguay, England, Costa Rica) was the toughest group. Costa Rica is ranked higher than Ghana.

If you look at their combined FIFA rankings, Group D was lower than G.

Group D: 54

Group G: 56

Every team in Group D had a chance. No one gave Ghana or US a chance to advance.
      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

This Julian Green guy... watch what he becomes in 4 years... He is going to be the play maker the USA desperately needs.

The USA needs to get into more Copa America tournaments, this Gold Cup crap isn't going to get them anywhere.

This was Tim Howard's last WC. He will be 39 for the next WC... Can Brad Guzan continue the trend of elite USA goalkeepers?

Klinsmann is going to stay coaching the USA until he feels like leaving. The fact that this team got out of the group of death is itself a remarkable achievement. Belgium is a very strong side, and they will probably knock out Argentina.
        Why Copa america invite crappy teams like China or Japan and not US and Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Why Copa america invite crappy teams like China or Japan and not US and Mexico?
          They invite Mexico every year. They rarely invite the United States. So they extend it to Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Sometimes they try to invite Japan or China because they have a lot of immigrants from those countries in South America, at least that's what I think.
          "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

They invite Mexico every year. They rarely invite the United States. So they extend it to Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Sometimes they try to invite Japan or China because they have a lot of immigrants from those countries in South America, at least that's what I think.
            They used to invite the US but they kept turning it down as it was in the middle of the MLS season.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              They used to invite the US but they kept turning it down as it was in the middle of the MLS season.
              They really need to align the MLS with the rest of the world in terms of schedule. I think they aren't doing that because then it would run at the same time as the NFL and NBA. They should run it against the NFL, because the NFL is only on once a week practically. The MLS can go on Saturdays so it doesn't compete with the NFL. It will only have to deal with college football anyways.
              "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

belgium played hockey with the USA.. 38 shots, i believe it was 27 or 29 on target..

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  They still didn't understand that it is US national team that can help popularity of Soccer and MLS in the country. So they need more high level competitions played by US NT. World cup + Copa america would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    They still didn't understand that it is US national team that can help popularity of Soccer and MLS in the country. So they need more high level competitions played by US NT. World cup + Copa america would really help.
                    mclroy has gone on record arguing for 6 pages that he sees no correlation between national team appearance in international competitions (world cup) and growth of the game in that country.

Comment

Working...
                    X