Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R16: Belgium vs United States [FIFA World Cup 2014] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asghar Agha View Post
    belgium lucky in this match?
    at the end u.s with a bit of focus could ve tied it but only thanks to tim howard who made save after save. do the french support belgium as well? i know they speak french also..

Comment

R16: Belgium vs United States [FIFA World Cup 2014] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Very beautiful game

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
      CITY

Comment

The USA waited too long before they showed up to this game. Anyways great result.
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Fk happened to Felaini ..!?
          He sucked asss

Comment

why coudlent we play a game like USA and Algeria. Why did we have to accept defeat even before all games!

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
              at the end u.s with a bit of focus could ve tied it but only thanks to tim howard who made save after save. do the french support belgium as well? i know they speak french also..
              of course.
              Tonight, French commentators were praising the Belgian team and its coach since the beginning of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                why coudlent we play a game like USA and Algeria. Why did we have to accept defeat even before all games!
                If it wasn't for the heroic saves of Howard, Belgium could have scored at least six goals during regular time. They only had their chances when Belgium lost focus and got tired in the last 15 mins. Thank god we didn't play like that lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
                  If it wasn't for the heroic saves of Howard, Belgium could have scored at least six goals during regular time. They only had their chances when Belgium lost focus and got tired in the last 15 mins. Thank god we didn't play like that lol
                  xD but its more fun to watch than defending with the whole team . I am not saying we played bad cause we didn't our defense was super solid but still xD more goals more fun like every cahill goal!

Comment

The extra time was the most exciting soccer I have seen all tournament long. End to end attacks like basketball. Howard was a beast but Belgium was the better team and deserved to advance. I was surprised Altidore didn't come on as a sub once they were behind. It was also surprising that they assigned an arab ref when one of the teams had arab players.
                    All 8 group winners are now in the quarterfinals.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Apparently, that was the most number of saves in a world cup game since 1966! Hats off to Howard and the US for putting up a good fight against a great Belgian team. The Belgium-Argentina clash should be very interesting.

Comment

What an exciting last 20 minutes of the match. Only if the US played the entire game like that they would have scored several goals. Kudos to both teams to play so hard and full-heartedly throughout the entire 120+ minutes. I really wanted USA to win this game, it would have helped this sport to get more popular than it is.

BTW on a side note a few weeks ago I read somewhere that US football stadiums draw in the 5th highest spectators to its football stadiums throughout the world, that is real impressive for a country that football/soccer isn't even considered one of the top 4 favorite sports.

Comment

While Howard takes the cake, Jones was also somehow everywhere on the field.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

This Julian Green guy... watch what he becomes in 4 years... He is going to be the play maker the USA desperately needs.

The USA needs to get into more Copa America tournaments, this Gold Cup crap isn't going to get them anywhere.

This was Tim Howard's last WC. He will be 39 for the next WC... Can Brad Guzan continue the trend of elite USA goalkeepers?

Klinsmann is going to stay coaching the USA until he feels like leaving. The fact that this team got out of the group of death is itself a remarkable achievement. Belgium is a very strong side, and they will probably knock out Argentina.
                            "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

^ I don't see how the US's group was the group of death. Italy, Uruguay, England, Costa Rica or Spain, netherlands, Chile, Australia were harder groups.

Costa Rica really got out of the group of death. US had a difficult group no doubt, but not the toughest that the ameican media are trying to portray
                              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                                ^ I don't see how the US's group was the group of death. Italy, Uruguay, England, Costa Rica or Spain, netherlands, Chile, Australia were harder groups.

Costa Rica really got out of the group of death. US had a difficult group no doubt, but not the toughest that the ameican media are trying to portray
                                Well, thats because as a whole, group D was weaker than group H, because everyone assumed that Costa Rica wouldn't get to the next round... turns out they won the group. Every team in the USA's group had a great chance to get to the next round.

Group B was also tough, but again, Australia holds that group down.
                                "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Working...
                                X