Landon Donovan to retire at end of MLS season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landon Donovan to retire at end of MLS season

Seems a little too soon. The omission from the World Cup roster must have really stung.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/landon...174153671.html
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Very sad to see but I think it's time.

He had a great career and IMO is the best US player ever. I'm glad I got to see him play in person various times
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Great player. But at least he didn't wait until he was old and drawn out like Ali Daei to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
        Great player. But at least he didn't wait until he was old and drawn out like Ali Daei to retire.
        lol poor Daei, every person who retires always gets compared to him I guess its his fault but still its funny.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
          lol poor Daei, every person who retires always gets compared to him I guess its his fault but still its funny.
          LOL

If an Iranian sees a 70 year old man working at Ericsson or some other company, he will be like "wow wtf is wrong with you??? You think you're the Daei of engineering or something??"

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
            LOL
            If an Iranian sees a 70 year old man working at Ericsson or some other company, he will be like "wow wtf is wrong with you??? You think you're the Daei of engineering or something??"
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He might be leaving something on the table like Karimi, but I think he is trying to make a statement and ending things on his terms. In the end, we are all bigger than this game called football, and perhaps life has new challenges waiting for him.
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
              X