UEFA Champions League 2014-2015

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...hes/index.html

First match day starts 16 September.

Can't wait!!

Comment

yeaaa baby

Comment

Comment

yea i know what u mean but its still the only competition you can see top teams play against each other. the reason you dont see as many good teams is thanks to the retarded pointing system that has brought up the smaller teams and pushed down the bigger teams. The fact that CL and EL collect same amount of points is the joke in itself, which is why portugese, bundesliga and other leauges brought their league coefficients up. and i agree it is ridiculous that every year in the playoffs they manage to eliminate some of the good teams like napoli. i do like giving chances to the smaller teams but its getting ridiculous, the top 5 leagues need to have majority of their teams and not 10 teams from turkey, greece, russia, ukraine, etc...

Comment

The should have kept the single elimination format. The way it is now with group play every big club is guaranteed advancement.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              The should have kept the single elimination format. The way it is now with group play every big club is guaranteed advancement.
              Some years ago there was a 2nd group stage (instead of the current 1/8 of final) after the 1st one. I think a groupe stage and elmination format is the perfect format. Imagine a club that fought all the previous season to qualify for the CL and that is eliminated in september after 2 matches.

We can compare it to WC too. Imagine Iran being eliminated of WC after being beaten after one match.

Comment

the 2nd round of group stage was better. it weeds out the crappier teams. they should go back to the a 2nd group stage. especially that they LOVE to match up big teams together early.....manU-real....barca-milan, etc...

also i dont like how they get to PICK who plays who....thats where all the fishy stuff happens. all this stuff needs to be determined from the beginning like any other tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  Some years ago there was a 2nd group stage (instead of the current 1/8 of final) after the 1st one. I think a groupe stage and elmination format is the perfect format. Imagine a club that fought all the previous season to qualify for the CL and that is eliminated in september after 2 matches.

We can compare it to WC too. Imagine Iran being eliminated of WC after being beaten after one match.
                  Any group stage reduces the possibility of upsets as teams have other games to make up for a bad one. Those upsets were part of the allure of the original format. You can't compare it to the World Cup. It's not like teams have to wait 4 years for another shot at it if they are eliminated early.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    the 2nd round of group stage was better. it weeds out the crappier teams. they should go back to the a 2nd group stage. especially that they LOVE to match up big teams together early.....manU-real....barca-milan, etc...

also i dont like how they get to PICK who plays who....thats where all the fishy stuff happens. all this stuff needs to be determined from the beginning like any other tournament.
                    Why I don't like also is the we have always the same teams in a groups : Bayern with either City or Juventus. Chelsea with Schalke, Arsenal with Dormund etc...

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      Any group stage reduces the possibility of upsets as teams have other games to make up for a bad one. Those upsets were part of the allure of the original format. You can't compare it to the World Cup. It's not like teams have to wait 4 years for another shot at it if they are eliminated early.
                      I don't like the idea of upset in champions league as I consider it as an elite competition. Ok one upset is OK but I don't want it to see an other Europa league.

If there is an upset, I would like that these small teams that upset really deserve that. Not because UEFA lay them a red carpet and did everything to have them in the 2nd route or further.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        I don't like the idea of upset in champions league as I consider it as an elite competition. Ok one upset is OK but I don't want it to see an other Europa league.

If there is an upset, I would like that these small teams that upset really deserve that. Not because UEFA lay them a red carpet and did everything to have them in the 2nd route or further.
                        Well if we don't want upsets and big teams being eliminated by smaller teams than we should let in fewer teams. The whole point of expanding (besides the money generated) was to give smaller teams more games. If a team cannot overcome another one over two games they really weren't better than them to begin with (at least not in that particular year although their history might still be better overall).

Comment

The more I see from this Mikthariyan guy, I am convinced he is pure garbage! He misses 9/10 scoring chances, how could he be playing at Dortmund and someone like Ansarifard not?

Comment

Sv: UEFA Champions League 2014-2015

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            The more I see from this Mikthariyan guy, I am convinced he is pure garbage! He misses 9/10 scoring chances, how could he be playing at Dortmund and someone like Ansarifard not?
                            Had Armenia not been in Europe, he had been nowhere near such a club.

Comment

LOOOOL, Mikthariyan just missed for open goal

Comment

Working...
                              X