No announcement yet.

UEFA Champions League 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever Bayern, Real, Barca end up in the semis together, they serially end up underestimating the fourth team.

Barca- Juve. Either going to be a 2-0 win for Barcelona cleanly or a Juventus bus parked 1-0 victory.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      Whenever Bayern, Real, Barca end up in the semis together, they serially end up underestimating the fourth team.

Barca- Juve. Either going to be a 2-0 win for Barcelona cleanly or a Juventus bus parked 1-0 victory.
      clearly you havent paid attention to Juve. thats not our style

Comment

Originally posted by ایرانی View Post
        So Real weren't favourites going into that tie? when was the last time you guys made a champions league semi final?
        being favorites and EXPECTING to win are 2 different things. Reals is going to be favorites whoever they play minus 2-3 teams in the world. it doesnt mean you won already. your problems were thinking you already won when the games havent been played yet. you guys have to accept that sometimes you're not better than the other team just because you have the more popular players on paper. it doesnt mean your team sucks or the coach sucks or the players, just need to learn from mistakes and fix them. problem with real is they think they can fix everything with money. as soon as they dont win, they have to get rid of players and coaches and get whoever is popular that year to replace them. you cant build a winning team like that. your team will never find chemistry and build that bond of a real team like Juve or barcelona have. Our teams success has been mostly due the mentality and being humble. Ancelotti can bring that to your team but im afraid your management isnt like that so you'll always be splurging to find the right formula which in most years you dont.

Comment

Originally posted by ایرانی View Post
          but you did it with our player!

yes and thanks to OUR player Zidane you guys won a buncha stuff too

besides you know morata would've never been this successful at your club with all those players. we gave him his chances and the confidence to become who he is. same as with Pogba, llorente, pirlo, and possibly coman who is up and coming.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            clearly you havent paid attention to Juve. thats not our style
            I didn't mean Juve would resort to that for 90 minutes. I think the match is going to be more gritty than anything and the last 10-15 minutes could be barcelona just trying to probe Juve's defense and failing. It's already established that teams like Inter who parked the bus for 20-25 minutes at the end of the game ended up derailing Barcelona.

Comment

I didn't mean Juve would resort to that for 90 minutes. I think the match is going to be more gritty than anything and the last 10-15 minutes could be barcelona just trying to probe Juve's defense and failing. It's already established that teams like Inter who parked the bus for 20-25 minutes at the end of the game ended up derailing Barcelona.
              If u have a 2 goal cushion that happens. At that point we switch from 4-3-1-2 to 3-5-2

Comment

If u have a 2 goal cushion that happens. At that point we switch from 4-3-1-2 to 3-5-2
                I think the 3-5-2 will work the best to keep Barca to the wings and resort to crosses. I think Dani Alves forward runs are going to be Barcas downfall.

Comment

The final is way too late this year..

Comment

being favorites and EXPECTING to win are 2 different things. Reals is going to be favorites whoever they play minus 2-3 teams in the world. it doesnt mean you won already. your problems were thinking you already won when the games havent been played yet. you guys have to accept that sometimes you're not better than the other team just because you have the more popular players on paper. it doesnt mean your team sucks or the coach sucks or the players, just need to learn from mistakes and fix them. problem with real is they think they can fix everything with money. as soon as they dont win, they have to get rid of players and coaches and get whoever is popular that year to replace them. you cant build a winning team like that. your team will never find chemistry and build that bond of a real team like Juve or barcelona have. Our teams success has been mostly due the mentality and being humble. Ancelotti can bring that to your team but im afraid your management isnt like that so you'll always be splurging to find the right formula which in most years you dont.
                    I honestly think that we lost to ourselves. we created great chances and failed to put them away. like chances when james hit the cross bar from close range with his head in the 1st leg, to bales close miss with his head in the second leg. we lost cause of stupid mistakes, carvajal didn't have to give that penalty away in the first leg which blew the 1st tie for us!

anyways, like i said, you can't win all the time and hopefully undecima won't be too far away

Comment

Good luck to Juve. I hope they crush messi and his diving squad

Comment

I think the 3-5-2 will work the best to keep Barca to the wings and resort to crosses. I think Dani Alves forward runs are going to be Barcas downfall.
                        possibly. but problem with our 3-5-2 is its harder for us to score. when we play 4-3-1-2 we're way more fluid and score more. i leave it up to allegri, this man is a master tactician, the players say every game he has a different plan so they trust whatever he tells them.

Comment

possibly. but problem with our 3-5-2 is its harder for us to score. when we play 4-3-1-2 we're way more fluid and score more. i leave it up to allegri, this man is a master tactician, the players say every game he has a different plan so they trust whatever he tells them.
                          It's harder to score with a 3-5-2 against smaller teams that sit back, because defensively we're solid and we usually peg teams back, which is great for keeping possession, but it leaves us with little space to create in the final third. 4-3-1-2 has been a success this season because we concede a little more space and possession to our opposition in our defensive and middle third of the field, but it also spreads the other team out and creates more space for us to create.

Against a team like Barca that is expected to retain more possession than us, 3-5-2 will definitely help us stay solid in the middle and in the flanks, taking away (for the most part) Barca's counters (which killed Bayern and PSG). BUT the risk is that we get pegged back and have difficulty getting the ball out of our own half because of Barca's pressing. 4-3-1-2 is a more balanced formation/tactic for us but it comes with the risk of conceding more to Barca on the defensive end.

Allegri will weigh the pros and cons of each. And like you said he's a very capable tactician, and I trust he'll make the right decision in the end.

My biggest concern is Pogba and Pirlo's level of match fitness. They both just got back from injury relatively recently, and we're going to need them to out hustle and outrun the Barca mids.

Comment

Bagg10 is Roberto Baggio your favorite player? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                              Bagg10 is Roberto Baggio your favorite player? :P
                              Yes, he and Del Piero is my favorite player. I actually met Baggio 11 years ago in a hotel in Genoa before his farewell game against Spain with the nt. I'm still waiting to run into Del Piero in LA. I've been driving around with a Del Piero jersey and a marker in my car for like a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
                                It's harder to score with a 3-5-2 against smaller teams that sit back, because defensively we're solid and we usually peg teams back, which is great for keeping possession, but it leaves us with little space to create in the final third. 4-3-1-2 has been a success this season because we concede a little more space and possession to our opposition in our defensive and middle third of the field, but it also spreads the other team out and creates more space for us to create.

Against a team like Barca that is expected to retain more possession than us, 3-5-2 will definitely help us stay solid in the middle and in the flanks, taking away (for the most part) Barca's counters (which killed Bayern and PSG). BUT the risk is that we get pegged back and have difficulty getting the ball out of our own half because of Barca's pressing. 4-3-1-2 is a more balanced formation/tactic for us but it comes with the risk of conceding more to Barca on the defensive end.

Allegri will weigh the pros and cons of each. And like you said he's a very capable tactician, and I trust he'll make the right decision in the end.

My biggest concern is Pogba and Pirlo's level of match fitness. They both just got back from injury relatively recently, and we're going to need them to out hustle and outrun the Barca mids.

Yea the thing is with 3-5-2 we wont get to use all our 4 mids; one of pirlo, marchisio, pogba, vidal have to be benched and i doubt we would wanna do that in the Final. And like u said the transition from defense to attack is hard, pirlo will be pressured and will just throw in long balls...and frankly lichsteiner and evra arent world class wingers to cause havoc. Barca will most likely give us space so we gotta use our best players with 4-3-1-2 and if we're up with 20 min left, he will switch to 3-5-2

PERSONALLY i would drop Pirlo and play Marchisio in that role and have Pereyra as our traquartista instead of Vidal. Marchisio in that position is sooooo much better....solid on defense and he moves quicker to transition us to attack...pirlo is just too chill and im scared when he has the ball close to our box. But its the final and its Pirlo so im sure he will start, Marchisio and Pogba just need to be extra cautious and cover for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X