Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your choice for best footballer in the world today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
    What? Please elaborate
    A few years ago I was in Iran. I called the cousin of a girlfriend of mine to say hello and that I am in Iran. She then tells me that she is dating Borhani. Naturally I didint believe her but she said she would organise a dinner at her house with him. To my suprise Arash rocks up and we all have dinner together, there was only 5 of us. As soon as dinner finished Arash gets up and prepares a ghelyoon for us to all have. I was shocked. This is in the middle of the season. He had a game in a few days. I was pretty disappointing a professional footballer would smoke to be honest. I told him so and he laughed telling me lots of players smoked and that Mr "I look 100 years old" Enayati was a full time cigarette smoker. Idiots!!!

2 weeks later I was in Ahvaz and my cousin told me that SS is playing PP the next day so I called Arash and asked if he could get me tickets. He told me to meet him the next day at the Olympic Hotel as that is where they stay for Azadi games.

I had been at Emirates Stadium in London 3 weeks earlier but nothing can ever compare to the atmosphere I experienced in the Tehran Derby.

If you haven't gone I really recommend you experience in one day.

Edit: I hope I don't sound like someone who is boasting. I only tell these stories cause they are funny and I love reading other people stories that are similar. I have been fortunate enough to have quite a bit of interaction with Iranian players for someone who was born and raised in Melbourne. I could write a thesis on the 1997 visit of Iran to Melbourne. God that was hillarious. I flew to Iran with the team that year and it was a funny experience. If anyone is interested I can tell some stories about then as well.

Comment

Last year I would have said Messi - but today Hazard.

Comment

Paul "the octopus" Pogba

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
          A few years ago I was in Iran. I called the cousin of a girlfriend of mine to say hello and that I am in Iran. She then tells me that she is dating Borhani. Naturally I didint believe her but she said she would organise a dinner at her house with him. To my suprise Arash rocks up and we all have dinner together, there was only 5 of us. As soon as dinner finished Arash gets up and prepares a ghelyoon for us to all have. I was shocked. This is in the middle of the season. He had a game in a few days. I was pretty disappointing a professional footballer would smoke to be honest. I told him so and he laughed telling me lots of players smoked and that Mr "I look 100 years old" Enayati was a full time cigarette smoker. Idiots!!!

2 weeks later I was in Ahvaz and my cousin told me that SS is playing PP the next day so I called Arash and asked if he could get me tickets. He told me to meet him the next day at the Olympic Hotel as that is where they stay for Azadi games.

I had been at Emirates Stadium in London 3 weeks earlier but nothing can ever compare to the atmosphere I experienced in the Tehran Derby.

If you haven't gone I really recommend you experience in one day.

Edit: I hope I don't sound like someone who is boasting. I only tell these stories cause they are funny and I love reading other people stories that are similar. I have been fortunate enough to have quite a bit of interaction with Iranian players for someone who was born and raised in Melbourne. I could write a thesis on the 1997 visit of Iran to Melbourne. God that was hillarious. I flew to Iran with the team that year and it was a funny experience. If anyone is interested I can tell some stories about then as well.
          Please do tell us more, I really enjoy reading about such encounters.. Borhani and Enayati

Comment

Messi... by far...
            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
            Villa + Messi =

Comment

diego costa

Comment

Zlatan aka "the God"

Comment

Arjen Robben