A lesson in Russian for Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lesson in Russian for Russians

Canada is now the Olympic Champions, Junior Champions, and World champions of Hockey
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

My favorite team sport outside soccer. I can't even skate.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Love hockey! Love Canada, and I wish I was still playing the sport! High impact, never a dull moment! What was embarrassing about this loss was not the scoreline, but the fact that most of the Russian team left for the final playing of O' Canada.

If Canada takes their B squad to any tournament at any level, no country can touch it in Hockey. No other nation, not even Brazil in soccer dominate a single sport like Canada does in Hockey (Brazil in soccer, Iran in wrestling/weightlifting, USA in Basketball etc etc come close, but Canada has been doing what it does in Hockey since the sport was invented)!
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Who cares about hockey anymore canada has been the best for years. This countrys too hockey mad they should be so much better at sports like soccer and basketball but they end up losing 8-1 to a mediocre honduras side. Too many white people in this country.

Comment

I respect the fact that Canada is a brilliant hockey nation, although how many countries in the world play ice-hockey at a competitive level? Not many, as it is predominantly played in northern hemisphere countries with cold climates like canada, usa, russian, sweden, czech republic, germany etc. Its not a practical sport that can be accessed and played in all parts of the world like football or basketball.

I've never been fortunate enough to play this game but it looks fun and is super fast! You can't even see where the puck is half the time!

Comment

we were legit missing 8-12 players from our first team too

Russians werent missing any as none of them are still in the playoffs

Toews,Keith,Seabrook,Price,Crawford,Sharp,Getzlaf, Perry,Nash,Stamkos
            would all be first team players that didnt even come to this tourny
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
              Who cares about hockey anymore canada has been the best for years. This countrys too hockey mad they should be so much better at sports like soccer and basketball but they end up losing 8-1 to a mediocre honduras side. Too many white people in this country.
              LOL in the western world, Canada is probably one of the least "white countries" out there. Let's not jump ship yet, with guys like Wiggins, Canada has had a top 3 player in a lot of the recent NBA drafts. In 5-10 years Canada will be a top basketballing nation.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                LOL in the western world, Canada is probably one of the least "white countries" out there. Let's not jump ship yet, with guys like Wiggins, Canada has had a top 3 player in a lot of the recent NBA drafts. In 5-10 years Canada will be a top basketballing nation.
                To be fair, Hockey is predominantly a white man's sport!

Comment

I doubt it. I played at the provincial level for u16 a few years back and the coaching and development sucks. Unless canada gets a few wiggins they won't be better than a decent European nation like Slovenia/Croatia.

Comment

Canada is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                      I doubt it. I played at the provincial level for u16 a few years back and the coaching and development sucks. Unless canada gets a few wiggins they won't be better than a decent European nation like Slovenia/Croatia.
                      Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, Tyler Ennis, Kelly Olynyk, Nik Stauskas are all recent entries into the NBA and all very highly regarded youth players. These guys are playing big minutes and are all in year 1 or 2.

Comment

Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, Tyler Ennis, Kelly Olynyk, Nik Stauskas are all recent entries into the NBA and all very highly regarded youth players. These guys are playing big minutes and are all in year 1 or 2.
                        I'm not trying to be a hater, I would love if canada got good at basketball since it's my favorite sport. But out of all those players only wiggins and olynyk are getting more than single digit minutes per game or performing well. Tristan Thompson is really good too.

Comment

Working...
                        X