Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Juventus beat Barcalona with a defensive tactic today? (CL Discussion Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Juventus beat Barcalona with a defensive tactic today? (CL Discussion Thread)

I just thought that I should create this discussion thread for the CL final between Barca and Juventus.
    Even though this is a Persian football forum, I think this match could be potentially very important for Iranian football and believe that CQ will be closely analyzing this match as Juventus are underdogs in terms of attacking ability and will really be relying on their defense to not get pummeled tonight against Barca. What do you guys think the outcome will be and do you think Juventus could win it? I am not saying that Barca is worse or better than Argentina but they are definitely the best (or second best) team in the world and given the fact that Iran was able to defend against Argentina for so long, I am interested to see if Allegri can pull off a similar performance/tactic against Barca.

Personally I am neutral as I don't really support either of these two teams. But as a TM and chelsea fan (defensive/counter attacking fan), I kind of want Juventus to cause a disrupt with their defensive abilities.

I dont think playing like Chelsea will help today. Parking the bus and countering doesnt work all the time and works more against English/German teams than Spanish teams. Juve has to play old school Dutch football. How Netherland beat Spain in the WC.

Crowd the midfield and make sure Iniesta/Rakitic have as little time as possible. Hold the ball with Pogba/Pirlo/Vidal and tire Barca out. Take advantage of setpieces and hold up counters with Morata to lay off to Tevez.

Comment

Barca is in top form. No defensive form/set up will prevent goals from Messi, Neymar, and Suarez.

Comment

This game really proves that anything is possible if a team can stick to their plan without making too many mistakes:

Even though I'm a Barca fan, this is why football is great. Anything can happen with the right tactic and determination.
        Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

any good english links?

Comment

Barcelona will score so defending will not win a championship. Juventus must score. The earlier the better.

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
              Barcelona will score so defending will not win a championship. Juventus must score. The earlier the better.
              yea they will really miss Chiellini on set pieces, he is a monster from crosses

Comment

you guys ever been to the bus depot, went and sat on the bus, then waited like what seemed ages for the bus to get going to it's destination. That's what Juve will be doing today.

Comment

i feel bad for juve, it was a good match, but right before suarez's goal pogba had a clear penalty denied, who knows what would have happened if the turk had called that

Comment

Was this the same ref as the Iran v Argentina match?

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                      Was this the same ref as the Iran v Argentina match?
                      At least this ref knew how to get out of the way when the ball was passing..

Comment

I was hoping Juventus would win. Tired of seeing a few top teams buy the best players in the world and then celebrate after wins as if they've accomplished something. A team of Neymar, Messi and Suarez is just unfair
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
                          i feel bad for juve, it was a good match, but right before suarez's goal pogba had a clear penalty denied, who knows what would have happened if the turk had called that
                          Wut lol are you serious it was so obviously out of the penalty area even if it was called a foul it would've been a free kick...

EDIT: just realised you were probably talking about the other penalty shout haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shervinjalili View Post
                            Barca is in top form. No defensive form/set up will prevent goals from Messi, Neymar, and Suarez.
                            Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                            I was hoping Juventus would win. Tired of seeing a few top teams buy the best players in the world and then celebrate after wins as if they've accomplished something. A team of Neymar, Messi and Suarez is just unfair
                            good calls..!!
                            as the saying goes, Offense excites but Defense Wins Championships..!
                            that saying, Generally, still holds true for most part....!! but when the overall squad quality difference between two clubs is sooo clear-cut, then the Defensive team must also benefit from a healthy dose of luck in order to avoid defeat ..!!
                            Barca not only had a superior squad, they also peaked in form as a team at a right time...!

Comment

To undo Barca you need three things

HEIGHT/PHYSICALITY
                              PACE IN COUNTERS
                              EXTRA SET OF LUNGS

the first is the most obvious one as Barca usually uses 2-3 tall players in a squad made up of midgets, one of whom, Basques is physically weak. So height is a clear advantage that teams try to use.
                              Physical style of play also unnerves Barca players and throws the off their rhythm as they are of slight build and with the right technique you can muscle the ball away from them.

Pace is another one with their ''supposed'' RB and LB pushing up the field exposing only Pique and Mascherano. Madrid has got this number pretty well pat down.

The above are very clear obvious things almost every team uses against Barca and they use all the above to press (the higher the press, the more effective ) the players and usually, as long as they can muster this press, they get reasonable results. But here's the run. Because nobody has 4 lungs, they can not sustain that press and with failing legs, you tend to lose focus and concentration and that's when Barca goes for the kill.
                              Loss of concentration means you can't track your marks, who are experts in constantly moving and changing their positions and eventually are left unmarked to do the damage.

In fact many coaches, many of whom are rather ordinary and hardly a superstar coach know perfectly well what to do to undo this team. The problem is humanly it is not possible.

So unless you can find players with four lungs, or ways to influence ref (easily done in Spain by the capital club, that too against a club from a separatist region), I'm afraid it's all a matter of the goal being in plain sight but ever so out of reach by mere inches.

Comment

Working...
                              X