Afghanistan and Tajikistan Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afghanistan and Tajikistan Football Thread

Not sure what happened to the old thread??

We should follow fellow Persian speaking countries and hopefully we see both of them in the Asian Cup soon. Afghanistan is currently ranked 151 while Tajikistan are 139.

Tonight Afghanistan kick of their WCQ campaign against Syria at Samen Stadium.

Tajikistan also play tonight, they play Jordan in Dushanbe.

Good luck to both.

Both played friendlies today:

FT - Afghanistan 2:1 Singapore
    FT - Tajikistan 1:1 Bahrain

Very proud of both, they have come a long way in the past 3 years and will continue to improve. Great to see Tajikistan and Afghanistan now on the level of middle Arab teams that occasionally make the Asian Cup and final round of WC qualifying (Lebanon, Bahrain, Jordan).

Afghanistan play Vietnam in Dushanbe on Tuesday in their first AC qualifying game. While, Tajikistan play Yemen in Doha. I expect to see Tajikistan win, and for the Afghanistan match, it will be very close, both teams are around the same level. Hopefully this will be the year we see Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Iran all together in the Asian Cup.

Comment

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Comment

As I predicted, Vietnam-Afghanistan was very close. Very dissapointed in Tajikistan, they really should have done better, they are much above the level of Yemen.

Comment

Afghanistan is on the rise, while Tajikistan is in decline. Iran and Afghanistan Football Federations have good relationship, so do Afghanistan and Tajikistan, however it seems Iran and Tajikistan are not very close in Football cooperation??? This is an area which FFIRI need to focus on. Navad website also covers Afghanistan Football news which is great but there is no seperate section for Tajikistan??

Comment

Comment

2019 ACQ - Matchday 4

Afghanistan 3:3 Jordan
                Tajikistan 3:0 Nepal

Comment

Go Tajikistan woohoo lol
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Tajikistan will likely qualify, Afghanistan however won't. Afghanistan has a much better roster than Tajikistan but they are riddled with hashieh. It seems we will have to wait until 2023 to see all Persian speaking countries in the tournament together.

On a side note, Afghanistan's result today is a positive and shows they are progressing. They are slowly joining the group of the second rate asian teams (Oman, Jordan, Bahrain, Lebanon...etc.)
                    Last edited by irani8perspolis; 10-10-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Tajikistan beat Nepal 2:0 and is second now in it´s group.

Next game will be tough against Yemen though.

Comment

Working...
                      X