Wrestling update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrestling update!

OK so iran has been having bazi entakhabi in both azad and farangi in all weights. Major news was that sourian and omid nourozi both are likely or possible to miss out on las vegas and possibly olympics! hasan yazdani again was the star of the tournament and its obvious he is the one up and coming! Abdevali and reza yazdani also won their respective weights as was expected. Hadi beat komeil

Why will Sourian miss the Olympics??

Comment

sourian was present but didnt face his opponent. he is out of WC in vegas now and therefores since WC is olympic qualifier he is facing likely elimination of olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
        sourian was present but didnt face his opponent. he is out of WC in vegas now and therefores since WC is olympic qualifier he is facing likely elimination of olympics
        WC is not the only Olympic qualifier and wrestlers don't qualify themselves but their NOC. if Hajipour qualifies (which I doubt) there will be another trial next year.

and if he fails, Sourian himself has to qualify the weight for Iran in Asian qualifier, even after the Asian qualifier, there will be two more worldwide qualifiers, that's exactly what he did 3 years ago. he missed 2011 World Championship, Hajipour failed to qualify (he had Israel draw though) , Sourian qualified the weight in Asian Qualifier and won the gold in London.

Comment

Can some one explain more regarding this sourian news? Why would he act in such a way to miss this years world championships and possibly world cup? I just don't understand. This guy is chasing history and he is getting old he needs to be in as many world championships and olympics he can to pad his stats and increase his collection of medals before its all said and done.

Comment

I thought they took wrestling out of the Olympics. Didn't they?! Or is it coming to effect for the next next edition?

Comment

latest update on azad karan
              http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...7%DB%8C%D8%B1/

Comment

Ya'll seen the badbakht goal medal winner (not sure which sport), who's washing dishes and cleaning floors in a kitchen now? https://www.facebook.com/Freedom.Mes...52790341997271

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  Ya'll seen the badbakht goal medal winner (not sure which sport), who's washing dishes and cleaning floors in a kitchen now? https://www.facebook.com/Freedom.Mes...52790341997271
                  It's Judo at the 2014 Youth Olympics

That's not all, you all remember Ehsan Roozbahani, who nearly got a bronze medal in Boxing? He had to spend the in his car for a long time as far as I know

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    It's Judo at the 2014 Youth Olympics

That's not all, you all remember Ehsan Roozbahani, who nearly got a bronze medal in Boxing? He had to spend the in his car for a long time as far as I know
                    I assume his situation is alot better now. Roozbahani was boxing in the World Series of Boxing in 2013 and maybe 2014 so he must have made some money off that.

Comment

Working...
                    X