Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which National teams deserve to win their First World Cup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which National teams deserve to win their First World Cup ?

Gotta consider history and contribution of these countries to the world of football. Holland being the prime example, been to 3 finals. Spain won theirs after how many years of being overdue. etc

Netherlands

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Qatar

Comment

^ trolled.

But on a more serious note...
        I think an east European country would deserve it. I believe some of them have made it to the finals of a world cup before. Prime example is West Germany vs Hungary in 1954 Final. Hungary were the favourites to win, and they were 2 goals up, but Germany made a come back and snatched the title from them.

And of course Netherlands totally deserves one. But at the moment this team is nothing compared to how they were 40 years ago.
        If the Iran that played against Argentina on that day was actually playing against Netherlands, Iran would have won even without that penalty.

Comment

Netherlands.

Lost three finals in the World Cup.

Comment

With no doubt Netherlands. Like Germany deserved it 1000% in 2014.

Comment

Yall are crazy. Iran!!!

Comment

anyone other than Netherlands? lol
                i was thinking Croatia......former Yugoslavia used to be a force and many of the Croatians would've been on that team.

i guess it doesnt look like there will be a new world cup winner in a long time.

Comment

Netherlands and it's not even close! But besides them I would have to say nobody unless you wanna think about the greatest team who never won the World Cup, the 1954 Hungary
                  ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                  Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                  Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                  midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                  forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                  Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Netherlands, Russia, USA, Japan.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

If not Holland, then one of either the Czech republic or Slovakia. As the unified Czechoslovakia they reached the finals twice and lost both times (last time was in the 1960s) and they definitely have a footballing history winning Euro once in the 70s and coming second to Germany in 1996 and 3rd in 2004. Likely the Czech republic has a better shot than Slovakia.
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Netherlands, Ghana, Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Doroudi View Post
                          Netherlands, Ghana, Mexico
                          Ghana? They just entered the scene in 2006. That is like saying Bosnia should be World Champions in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            Netherlands, Russia, USA, Japan.
                            Russia hasnt been a force since the USSR days

USA and Japan ?

Comment

Originally posted by alireza0101 View Post
                              Ghana? They just entered the scene in 2006. That is like saying Bosnia should be World Champions in no time.
                              Ghana is by far the best African country presently. And yes, even though they started in2006, they ended up in the round of 16. Made it to final 8 in 2010 but should've been in final 4 had they not been cheated by Suarez. I think an African country deserves a World Cup and no African country has made it as far as they have in the World Cup (penalty shoot out in a quarterfinal game)

Comment

Working...
                              X