Dirk Bauermann Men's NT Basketball news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk Bauermann Men's NT Basketball news

Could somebody please write the names of the first roster of the Basketball team for the Fiba Asia Cup that Mehran Shahintab picked for Bauermann?
    Interesting is that the team will fly to Germany (Leverkusen - where Bauermann was Head Coach a long time ago with huge success) where they will play 3 test matches. Then, they will play a tournament in Poland (where Bauermann was the coach of the NT) before flying to the William Jones Cup at Chinese Taipei.

He is suppose to by our savior in a federation that is nothing but corrupted. the GOLDEN GENERATION is wasted because of bad decisions by the federation. let see if he can do some magic for us
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

The generation behind isnt that bad. The only bad thing is that Haddadi wants to quit after this summer....I cant imagine that happens if they qualify for the Olympics?!
      However, Im positive that Bauermann will do a great job, but it remains to be seen if he is supported by the "imported" people in basketball in Iran

Comment

^^behtar, he is just a CLOWN that cost us Asian game and Asian Cup. We need someone who is responsible and will carry the team.
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

Without him we would never be in the position we are now, we would not play at any World Cup or Olympics. So be happy to have him instead of talking like this without respect for the best ever to suit up for Iran.
          But I know what you mean...still, not good to say it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by rouzbahani View Post
            The generation behind isnt that bad. The only bad thing is that Haddadi wants to quit after this summer....I cant imagine that happens if they qualify for the Olympics?!
            However, Im positive that Bauermann will do a great job, but it remains to be seen if he is supported by the "imported" people in basketball in Iran
            I'm quite sure he won't, that was just something he said to draw attention. he always puts national team first, he is such a patriot. he was guest in a TV show few days ago and with the way he was talking about the NT I'm quite sure he won't retire from the NT anytime soon.

Comment

I hope so but I wouldnt be so sure. I know his agent pretty well and Im sure he said that Haddadi should quit NT so that he can rest in the summer and play a longer career to make more money.

Comment

Originally posted by rouzbahani View Post
                Could somebody please write the names of the first roster of the Basketball team for the Fiba Asia Cup that Mehran Shahintab picked for Bauermann?
                Interesting is that the team will fly to Germany (Leverkusen - where Bauermann was Head Coach a long time ago with huge success) where they will play 3 test matches. Then, they will play a tournament in Poland (where Bauermann was the coach of the NT) before flying to the William Jones Cup at Chinese Taipei.
                here is the wide roster of 28 players, they will start training tomorrow and I think Bauermann will narrow it to ~16 after few days.

PG:
                Mehdi Kamrani, Aren Davoudi, Farid Aslani, Sajjad Mashayekhi, Hamed Hosseinzadeh

SG:
                Hamed Afagh, Javad Davari, Saeid Davarpanah, Behnam Yakhchali, Vahid Dalirzahan, Rasoul Mozaffari

SF:
                Samad Nikkhah-Bahrami, Mohammad Jamshidi, Mohammad Ojaghi, Younes Lalehzadeh

PF:
                Oshin Sahakian, Arsalan Kazemi, Arman Zangeneh, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Saleh Foroutan

C:
                Hamed Haddadi, Asghar Kardoust, Rouzbeh Arghavan, Meisam Mirzaei, Mohammad Yousefvand, Mohammad Torabi, Farbod Farman, Soren Derboghosian

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                  here is the wide roster of 28 players, they will start training tomorrow and I think Bauermann will narrow it to ~16 after few days.

PG:
                  Mehdi Kamrani, Aren Davoudi, Farid Aslani, Sajjad Mashayekhi, Hamed Hosseinzadeh

SG:
                  Hamed Afagh, Javad Davari, Saeid Davarpanah, Behnam Yakhchali, Vahid Dalirzahan, Rasoul Mozaffari

SF:
                  Samad Nikkhah-Bahrami, Mohammad Jamshidi, Mohammad Ojaghi, Younes Lalehzadeh

PF:
                  Oshin Sahakian, Arsalan Kazemi, Arman Zangeneh, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Saleh Foroutan

C:
                  Hamed Haddadi, Asghar Kardoust, Rouzbeh Arghavan, Meisam Mirzaei, Mohammad Yousefvand, Mohammad Torabi, Farbod Farman, Soren Derboghosian
                  Thanks a lot for the infos. As I cant read farsi, I'd be happy for updates in this thread if you have any...

Comment

were not gonna win shit without haddadi

Comment

^^I beg to differ, at the beginning he was our go to big guy, however in the last 3-4 years his game has been hurting us more than helping us. We were always a outside shooting team, HH was there to cleanup the board and get the put backs. We were never a inside team (maybe against) some teams in Asia.

The games that we won we sole depended on good perimeter shooting and passing the ball. Recently with HH he is too stagnant in the paint and lazy with on the board. What HH is doing right now a small forward like AK can do better.

If you thought we were a inside team you were dead wrong!! Our game revolves around shooting jump shot and put backs and rebounds. I can clearly remember two championships that we lost because of HH. One was the Asian cup i think in 2012 when we CHOCKED against undersized Jordanian team, which caused a lot of rumors about HH and how he does not show up to big games and the other was the Asian games where we struggled against Korea. Everyone talked about a sure GOLD Medal but we FAILED.
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Doesnt really make sense all that to me. But ok. Its your opinion, I accept it. I just dont agree. I work for 10 years in the basketball business by the way......Of course we are no inside team. But with Haddadi we have what other asian teams dont have, a rebounding machine inside who is TALL and who can score..of course he shoots too much overall but thats HH, cant change him. But at the end of the day, he gives us more than he costs us

Comment

the game against Jordan was bad. thats for sure. But Jordan was banned because of being doped anyway....It should have been a sure gold medal in that one against Korea but it was not Haddadi's fault.

Comment

like everybody, Hamed had some bad games with the national team, that Asian Games final was probably the worst night of his career but it happens for everybody, still it was coach's fault to play him when he wasn't ready. Iran made a good run when his reserve Kardoust was on the court but Becirovic didn't use him at all in 2nd half.

and that infamous Jordan game, Hamed had an OK game that day, it was only dream day of Jordan, they shot 3s from everywhere. and again it was coach Matic's fault to use Hamed for entire 40 minutes. Samad had a minor injury, Matic benched him for the entire 1st half which helped Jordan to build confidence and when Samad came to the court in 2nd half Jordan was already on fire. Iran actually started the game with someone like Atashi !! some people still think Matic sold that game to China. (Iran was the main favorite and the biggest hurdle for China to win the Olympic spot)

only 2 years ago he was MVP of Asian Championship and he did quite well at the World Cup, he is still our best player.

Comment

Philippines are turning into the Qatar of Asian basketball they have like 3 or 4 naturalized black guys and one is former nba player Andray Blatche. If he play in the Asian championships then it will tough but if he doesn't then Iran is clear favorites to make the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                              X