Dirk Bauermann Men's NT Basketball news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
    ^^I beg to differ, at the beginning he was our go to big guy, however in the last 3-4 years his game has been hurting us more than helping us. We were always a outside shooting team, HH was there to cleanup the board and get the put backs. We were never a inside team (maybe against) some teams in Asia.

The games that we won we sole depended on good perimeter shooting and passing the ball. Recently with HH he is too stagnant in the paint and lazy with on the board. What HH is doing right now a small forward like AK can do better.

If you thought we were a inside team you were dead wrong!! Our game revolves around shooting jump shot and put backs and rebounds. I can clearly remember two championships that we lost because of HH. One was the Asian cup i think in 2012 when we CHOCKED against undersized Jordanian team, which caused a lot of rumors about HH and how he does not show up to big games and the other was the Asian games where we struggled against Korea. Everyone talked about a sure GOLD Medal but we FAILED.

haddadi's presence in defense alone was enough to keep teams outside the paint. even in NBA he was a great shot blocker and rebounder. He could also shoot jump shots.

i dont know if we have anyone in our basketball that is as good as haddadi, samad and arsalan

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
      Philippines are turning into the Qatar of Asian basketball they have like 3 or 4 naturalized black guys and one is former nba player Andray Blatche. If he play in the Asian championships then it will tough but if he doesn't then Iran is clear favorites to make the Olympics.
      wrong. they are only allowed to use one naturalized player. So either Blatche or one of the other guys. They are talented but not good enough to beat us on a normal day.

Comment

Guys please let me know if you read somewhere when exactly the team arrives in Leverkusen and when they play against who. 3 games are scheduled in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          haddadi's presence in defense alone was enough to keep teams outside the paint. even in NBA he was a great shot blocker and rebounder. He could also shoot jump shots.

i dont know if we have anyone in our basketball that is as good as haddadi, samad and arsalan
          i actually like Asghar Kardoust, every time he has came in the game he has given iran a boost. to me he hassles more than HH with less of the clownish act.
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...3%DA%A9%D8%AA/

40min show on this new team

Comment

Originally posted by rouzbahani View Post
              wrong. they are only allowed to use one naturalized player. So either Blatche or one of the other guys. They are talented but not good enough to beat us on a normal day.
              we barely beat them without blatche and more importantly jordan clarkson of the lakers. They will smoke us
              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

its jordan clarkson OR blatche..as I said. and they did not have blatche but another naturalized player. Do you even read what I write?

Comment

its jordan clarkson OR blatche..as I said. and they did not have blatche but another naturalized player. Do you even read what I write?
                  yes i did read what you wrote. This is your mistake: clarkson is not a naturalized player! He is half philipino. Havent you looked at his face?! The guy is a dark asian. Its like fereydoon zandi. No disrespect buddy but it seems like you are the one not paying attention!! 
                  midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                  Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

again wrong buddy. Sorry. I have looked at his face. Im even a lakers fan, I know his story, dont worry. The problem with Clarkson is that he only has an american passport. He never applied for the Filipino one. And the rule is that he should have done it before turning 16 to be able to play as a local. They are however trying to make it possible but its doubtful that it will work out that quick if it works out ever.

Comment

again wrong buddy. Sorry. I have looked at his face. Im even a lakers fan, I know his story, dont worry. The problem with Clarkson is that he only has an american passport. He never applied for the Filipino one. And the rule is that he should have done it before turning 16 to be able to play as a local. They are however trying to make it possible but its doubtful that it will work out that quick if it works out ever.
                      it will happen. I am a laker fan too. Everybody here knows that! The fact that he has filipino blood AND he has never played for team usa, he will eventually get it.

Comment

He might. But not in time to play in September. I just talked to my Filipino friend who is close to the team. Thats also what he said. It will not happen in time

Comment

He might. But not in time to play in September. I just talked to my Filipino friend who is close to the team. Thats also what he said. It will not happen in time
                          didnt realize we were talking about this september. I meant him playing flr them in the near future

Comment

Most probably he will never play for the Philippines, FIBA considers him "naturalized player" and since they can have only 1 per tournament they probably want to use that chance in center position with someone like Blatche.

at the Asian games they had another black American player in Marcus Douthit. even though they played well against Iran and Korea (lost narrowly to both finalists) still they lost to Qatar and China and finished 7th !!! they live and die on 3-pointers which makes them unpredictable.

btw today in Iran they had the first training session with Bauermann, 25 out of 28 players showed up. after a week of training in Tehran they will go to China for a preparation tournament.

Comment

read a few messages higher about Clarkson.
                              It would be interesting to know who did not show up though

Comment

read a few messages higher about Clarkson.
                                It would be interesting to know who did not show up though
                                those who live in US, Farman, Derboghosian and of course Mr Perfect Kazemi.

Comment

Working...
                                X