Thoughts on MLS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Not having access to the EPL I am just getting a chance to see what a beast Drogba is. I'm not sure how he brought the ball down on his first goal. On the third goal he kicks the initial shot so hard that even though the keeper saves it he gets thrown into the goal from the impact.

He is a legend, what great goals. That first touch on the first goal was pure class.
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Comment

Have you noticed that MLS is only signing post-prime world class stars that are either wingers, midfielders, or forwards. I haven't seen any defenders or goalkeepers picked up. The last star defender that played in MLS was Rafa Marquez and he was an absolue train wreck. I mean literally, he snapped someones collarbone by dragging them to the ground!

This is clearly to boost the goals scored per game. I think the highest paid defender in MLS is Omar Gonzales from what I have read.
        "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
          Have you noticed that MLS is only signing post-prime world class stars that are either wingers, midfielders, or forwards. I haven't seen any defenders or goalkeepers picked up. The last star defender that played in MLS was Rafa Marquez and he was an absolue train wreck. I mean literally, he snapped someones collarbone by dragging them to the ground!

This is clearly to boost the goals scored per game. I think the highest paid defender in MLS is Omar Gonzales from what I have read.

Very Adesorian observation!
          I agree with you in the neighbourhood of 96-97%.

I also believe, MLS is going the path of J-League of the 90ies, albeit much more better, in bringing in the "about to retire" superstars to boost their league. But on top of that MLS has also a good amount of great young players as well.
          I def. rank MLS higher than J-League.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
            Very Adesorian observation!
            I agree with you in the neighbourhood of 96-97%.

I also believe, MLS is going the path of J-League of the 90ies, albeit much more better, in bringing in the "about to retire" superstars to boost their league. But on top of that MLS has also a good amount of great young players as well.
            I def. rank MLS higher than J-League.
            I would rank Japan's national team ahead of the USA's...they have much better players in much better leagues... no thanks to MLS over paying home grown players to rot in their league.
            "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

I would rank Japan's national team ahead of the USA's.
              Yes the 2014 World Cup clearly demonstrated that.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Yes the 2014 World Cup clearly demonstrated that.
                You're making my point...

Ghana dominates the US on posession, and the US get away with a 2-1 win. Ghana was clearly the better team, watch the game without bias if you don't agree.

Germany also wipes the floor with the US, who were playing 10 man gulf arab defense the whole time, but only got a 1-0 win.

Belgium got 16 goals on target and murdered the US in the round of 16. If it wasn't for Tim Howard, it would have been 5-0 at the end of 90.

Japan can actually play possesion, actually has players that are creative, and don't play long ball. And they have a coach who isn't an idiot. Jurgen Klinsmann thinks the best defender the US have is a bench scrub on Club America, (Ventura Alvarado)..... we all know it's Geoff Cameron, who is a regular for Stoke City. But Klinssman plays him as a RB, when he should be a CB....

Comment

You're making my point...

Ghana dominates the US on posession, and the US get away with a 2-1 win. Ghana was clearly the better team, watch the game without bias if you don't agree.

Germany also wipes the floor with the US, who were playing 10 man gulf arab defense the whole time, but only got a 1-0 win.

Belgium got 16 goals on target and murdered the US in the round of 16. If it wasn't for Tim Howard, it would have been 5-0 at the end of 90.

Japan can actually play possesion, actually has players that are creative, and don't play long ball. And they have a coach who isn't an idiot. Jurgen Klinsmann thinks the best defender the US have is a bench scrub on Club America, (Ventura Alvarado)..... we all know it's Geoff Cameron, who is a regular for Stoke City. But Klinssman plays him as a RB, when he should be a CB....
                  The US advanced from the Group of Death. Japan was eliminated in the Group of Chos.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The US advanced from the Group of Death. Japan was eliminated in the Group of Chos.
                    They got lucky, watch their games

Look at how Brazil ate them alive today, Japan would give Brazil a better matchup.

US has a bad system and a bad coach, THEY LOST AT HOME AGAINST JAMAICA IN THE GOLD CUP! That trumps anything from WC2014.

Comment

They got lucky, watch their games

Look at how Brazil ate them alive today, Japan would give Brazil a better matchup.

US has a bad system and a bad coach, THEY LOST AT HOME AGAINST JAMAICA IN THE GOLD CUP! That trumps anything from WC2014.
                      Nothing you have posted negates the fact in my post that the US advanced out of the Group of Death while Japan was eliminated in the Group of Chos.

Comment

Nothing you have posted negates the fact in my post that the US advanced out of the Group of Death while Japan was eliminated in the Group of Chos.
                        yes it does.... we are talking about right now. not last year, and Jamaica.

Comment

yes it does.... we are talking about right now. not last year, and Jamaica.
                          No we were talking about the performance of the two countries in last year's World Cup in which the US advanced out of the Group of Death while Japan was eliminated in the Group of Chos. At least I was. And the point I brought up is not an opinion but rather a fact that can easily be verified by checking the teams present in the 2nd round.

Comment

No we were talking about the performance of the two countries in last year's World Cup in which the US advanced out of the Group of Death while Japan was eliminated in the Group of Chos. At least I was. And the point I brought up is not an opinion but rather a fact that can easily be verified by checking the teams present in the 2nd round.
                            Of course you were, because right now I am right. And I was talking about right now. Last year is debatable, but most statistics show that the US was better, even if 3 of their 4 opponents outplayed them. Sometimes you have to look past the numbers and watch the games to really get a feel for this sport.

The problem with the USA is both on MLS being tactic-less and Klinsmann being a complete idiot in squad selecting and picking his 11. He commonly plays people out of position, has no idea how to evaluate defenders, and plays the ball forward constantly like Sweden does. The US media blames Klinsmann, Klinsmann blames MLS. I blame both. MLS was doing its job developing talent and sending them to Europe until they kept buying the best USA players away from their European teams (Bradley, Dempsey, Diskerud) That is like Persepolis buying Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun at this moment.

I've been a USA fan for a long time, and it sickens me to watch their games. Now they are doing so bad they may lose CONCACAF to the Mexicans...

Comment

Ideally I think any team wants to play attractive and win but if they were to choose between the two most people would go with results even if obtained by playing ugly. Just ask the Greeks in 2004.

Comment

I would rank Japan's national team ahead of the USA's...they have much better players in much better leagues... no thanks to MLS over paying home grown players to rot in their league.
                                actually I rank Asia's football as the 2nd weakest in Fifa. Meaning Asia is just ahead of Oceania but behind everyone else including North America due to US.

US team was really strong at WC2014 and US league is also a joy to watch IMHO.

so here I disagree with you. YOU &*^&&^%*

CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X