Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So one of Australia’s bigger derbies starts in a few hours. It is the Melbourne derby between the two Melbourne teams.

This will be Arzani’s biggest test thus far, in his short senior footballing career.

The coach has said Arzani will start the match. Here are the times in a few different time zones.

Local (Melbourne) - 7:50pm

London - 8:50pm

Paris - 9:50pm

Tehran - 12:20am

New York - 3:50pm

Los Angeles - 12:50pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      They’re gonna do a piece on Arzani with his family pre game before the Melbourne derby on Fox Sports.

Might try to upload it here

Here is the interview with Tim Cahill, his brother, dad on Arzani.

https://streamable.com/qs28o

In other news, Arzani was surprisingly not included in the Socceroos extended 41-man squad for their upcoming friendlies.

This probably means Arzani won’t be an Australian player, at least till after the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
        Here is the interview with Tim Cahill, his brother, dad on Arzani.

https://streamable.com/qs28o

In other news, Arzani was surprisingly not included in the Socceroos extended 41-man squad for their upcoming friendlies.

This probably means Arzani won’t be an Australian player, at least till after the World Cup.

Ideal moment for CQ to secure Arzani’s services for TM. Aussies will never accept him, he’s 100% Irooni.

After watching the video I must say the father named their children very sefid names. He calls himself John apparently lol? Don’t know how to feel about this, especially the last sentence “make Australian soccer proud”.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Ideal moment for CQ to secure Arzani’s services for TM. Aussies will never accept him, he’s 100% Irooni.

After watching the video I must say the father named their children very sefid names. He calls himself John apparently lol? Don’t know how to feel about this, especially the last sentence “make Australian soccer proud”.
          Yeah that is strange, even more so considering both kids are born in Iran. Hopefully that was a ploy by the dad to westernise them so hopefully they get less bullied in school.

The “make Australian proud” bit I’m not too sure about as well. But considering they are being interviewed by Australian TV, him playing in Australia too, I feel like he has to say something like that anyway.

Comment

"He was only little when he left... but he felt he had to do it to support his dreams"

Wow. Wish more of our Iranian players had this mindset.

In other news, wtf are these names Ben? John?

I mean I can't be talking since my name is Brian, but damn lol

It's clear Arzani is the youngest star in Australian football.. Just happy their manager hates calling up domestic players, giving us a similar scenario to Sweden with Ghoddos

Comment

Anyone who has non-Iranian name is a traitor

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                Anyone who has non-Iranian name is a traitor
                Sarcasm?

I don't care if your name is John Smith, as long as u don't act like a traitor u aren't a traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Sarcasm?
                  I don't care if your name is John Smith, as long as u don't act like a traitor u aren't a traitor.
                  Haha yes sarcasm

Comment

CQ needs to pick him up after the WC and phase out Dejagah slowly

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      The name thing is not a big issue. Tons of Iranians have names Danial and Ben i.e. short form for Benyamin. It's not too astray for us. But yes, Yahya aka John loves Australia football

Comment

https://twitter.com/FootballPersian/...14358866165760

Please RT and Like - I tagged Daniel in it.

Comment

I think we need to start accepting the fact that he’s going to play for Australia.

"Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

He will pick Australia. He will come to Azadi. He then will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                              He will pick Australia. He will come to Azadi. He then will regret it.
                              for his own sake I hope that, that never happens if he picks Australia

Comment

Just by looking at his social media, no way he will choose Iran

1. He never references Iran
                                2. All of his following are Australian related players, none from Iran
                                3. Very close to Tim Cahill it seems

Only way he might choose Iran is if his father convinces him

Comment

Working...
                                X