Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

LOL!!! Arzani’s teammate at Melbourne City comments on his insta, “DANYAL...listen to the fans! Play for Iran [emoji1130][emoji1130][emoji1130]”

Just banter, as there are 200 comments of Iranians telling him to join Iran[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
      Pretty sure Beita was called up to the US national team, at least training with them but declined because of Iran call up
      He got called up by Klinsmann. Didn't feature due to an injury. Then he wasn't called up for a while, similar Ghoddos, except he played and scored for Sweden. Then Queiroz snapped him up.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
        He got called up by Klinsmann. Didn't feature due to an injury. Then he wasn't called up for a while, similar Ghoddos, except he played and scored for Sweden. Then Queiroz snapped him up.
        not really how it went down
        from my recollections Klinsmann finally succumbed to calling Esteve up to a USMNT Camp after much pressure from USA fans preluding that decision..!!
        i dont recall an injury either during his camp ...!!? after a few days in the prep camp and seating on the bench, Kelinsman flat out hinted at him that he didnt really rate him all that much and encourage him to try his luck at TM who was in much more desperate position at that time(especially defensively) from the player pool depth heading into the WC14..!!

It took a couple of TM camps and try out in couple of friendlies but it also became evident to CQ that he wasnt nearly combative and energetic enough of a defender for him either...!!
        CQ still opted to take him along to WC, as he was pretty much pinning his hopes and his overarching wc tactics on seating back and defending his way outa of the group .....!!
        he also took along couple of other low caliber and hopeless players but Defenders or DM by position...!
        and an utterly useless INJURED Defender..... just as a reward for him coming up big in our final WCQs (when CQ was scrambling hard to come up with enough defensive, somewhat able, warm-bodies just to make up the 11) especially when in the WCQ clincher vs SK and getting himself injured in process of service for the shirt..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          not really how it went down
          from my recollections Klinsmann finally succumbed to calling Esteve up to a USMNT Camp after much pressure from USA fans preluding that decision..!!
          i dont recall an injury either during his camp ...!!? after a few days in the prep camp and seating on the bench, Kelinsman flat out hinted at him that he didnt really rate him all that much and encourage him to try his luck at TM who was in much more desperate position at that time(especially defensively) from the player pool depth heading into the WC14..!!
          It took a couple of TM camps and try out in couple of friendlies but it also became evident to CQ that he wasnt nearly combative and energetic enough of a defender for him either...!!
          CQ still opted to take him along to WC, as he was pretty much pinning his hopes and his overarching wc tactics on seating back and defending his way outa of the group .....!!
          he also took along couple of other low caliber and hopeless players but Defenders or DM by position...!
          and an utterly useless INJURED Defender..... just as a reward for him coming up big in our final WCQs (when CQ was scrambling hard to come up with enough defensive, somewhat able, warm-bodies just to make up the 11) especially when in the WCQ clincher vs SK and getting himself injured in process of service for the shirt..!!

Agreed.

Whilst we're not exactly stronger in defense and quite possibly weaker in central midfield this time round... there will be far less players in the final 23 of this WC squad just there making up the numbers or being one cog in a larger "parked bus"

Comment

He liked the post so he is going to play for Iran

Comment

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...hing-young-gun

Comment

Arzani would get good exposure playing with Iran in the World Cup against Spain, Portugal and Morocco whereas Australia Would face France, Peru and Denmark. Then again I highly doubt he would be given any play time in the world cup squad as there's barely anytime left for him to train with new team and coach.

On the other hand, he might get playing time in the world cup with Australia and they even have a good chance of advancing to the next round given they beat Peru,lose to France and win/draw Denmark. Also him playing in 23 man squad for Australia seems highly possible as he's been playing in Australia his entire youth.

But if he was smart, he'd invest into his future and look forward to the 2019 AFC Cup and the future World Cups and know that his place in the Iranian roster is solidified!

Comment

It is pretty evident that his teammate and himself have an inside joke. They are kids... 17-18 years old. When I was 17 i would make these jokes too.

He is probably referring to some persian fan who called him DANYAL (instead of Daniel).... and they are being sarcastic about it.

Comment

The article says that Australia's next coach after the World Cup has stated his intentions to call Arzani up for the 2019 Asian Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                      The article says that Australia's next coach after the World Cup has stated his intentions to call Arzani up for the 2019 Asian Cup
                      CQ has to make his move now. It's now or never. If we don't call him up before the World Cup, we'll lose him.

Comment

CQ closely monitoring Arzani tells me that CQ will be with us for another 4 years. Hopefully he calls him up

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          CQ closely monitoring Arzani tells me that CQ will be with us for another 4 years. Hopefully he calls him up
                          Or maybe he's just setting up the next coach...?

Comment

No way CQ calls him up. really wish he would though. Looks like a solid solid talent.

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
                              No way CQ calls him up. really wish he would though. Looks like a solid solid talent.
                              I wouldn't rule anything out just yet.

Comment

The main issue should be whether CQ will be Iran's coach or not. It would not be fair to Daniel Arzani if the next coach does not want him and he misses on playing for Australia.

Playing for Iran also depends on his parents and his upbringing. In many Iranians, there is something which is difficult to explain to other nationalities. Is called Iranian pride.

I would have put Daniel Arzani in touch with Sardar or Jahanbakhash.
                                This is not going to happen before world cup 2018.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X