Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Daniel has been getting a lot of media attention due to his inspiring performance in Melbourne City’s most recent game.

In one of his few starts, Daniel assisted two goals for Melbourne City to beat Wellington 2-1.

Watch the highlights here:
    https://streamable.com/k4grz

Just a side note. Arzani is still very much attached to his Iranian side. Both parents are Iranian. Even though he was born in Sydney, he lived in Iran for some period of time.

But everyone is waxing lyrical about him right now, so it’s only a matter of time he
    gets the call up from the Socceroos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH] 17681 [/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

He is very talented . We should act and cap him for asian Cup. Also given his position ( Central / Attacking midfield), and age (19) he could be an option to solving our issues at CAM when Dejagah,Masoud are phased out within the next 1-2 years. His agent is also very well knows , mainly top premier league players so I assume a Euro move is not out of the question.

His highlights from the last game, two assists. First one took deflection but last one was fantastic.

Comment

"City's Arzani can handle the heat: Joyce

Melbourne City whizkid Daniel Arzani has the chops to withstand extra attention from defenders after his stunning A-League form put a target on his back.
          13 January 2018

Melbourne City young gun Daniel Arzani is more than equipped to handle the inevitable extra attention that will be coming his way after taking the A-League by storm in the last week, coach Warren Joyce says.

Arzani, 19, has played a major role in reigniting City's season with starring performances in their two recent wins over Wellington Phoenix and Perth Glory.

The Sydney-born attacker, of Iranian descent, set up Ross McCormack for four goals across those two matches. His sheer determination to take on opposition defenders, and play the ball forward, have added an element of risk and excitement to a team that badly needed it.

They represent his first real contributions in senior football after a string of brief substitute appearances last season and earlier this campaign.

Other teams are bound to clamp down on him but ahead of Sunday's clash with Central Coast in Gosford, Joyce said Arzani was resolute enough to deal with it.

"He's dealt with it all season in training anyway," Joyce said.

"There's been a vast majority of the time when he's been on the other team playing against the first team in 11 v 11 games.

"It's been good for him, playing against some good defenders. He's had some tough times in training, dealt with it well and came through it, and gave some problems to our defenders.

"It's not a shock he's capable of doing that in first team games.""

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=262433

Comment

http://www.espn.com/soccer/melbourne...tor-tim-cahill

Melbourne City wonder-kid Daniel Arzani credits mentor Tim Cahill

Tim Cahill might have left Melbourne City but his legacy lives on at the A-League club, helping to nurture the next generation of talent.
            Wonder-teen Daniel Arzani, in line to make the first start of his career, is being mentored by the Socceroos legend.
            The Iranian-born winger struck up a fast friendship which has continued past Cahill's departure.
            "He came to the club and took me under his wing. Tim's been a huge role model for me," Arzani told AAP.
            "The guy still keeps in contact with me now. We talk on the phone all the time.
            "I take any advice I can get for him because he's one of the best players Australia has ever had."
            While Arzani's career is about to take off, Cahill is yet to find a new club since leaving City.
            A source close to the 38-year-old told AAP a new deal was weeks rather than days away from being announced.
            Cahill left the A-League a month ago, citing a need to be playing regular football to prepare for the World Cup.
            For Arzani, regular football could be closer than ever. The departure of Stefan Mauk and Bruce Kamau to the under-23 Asian Championships has opened up places in City's team.

Daniel Arzani Nigel Owen/Action Plus via Getty Images
            And City could use a change-up after seeing their A-League stocks fall in recent weeks.
            After four straight wins to start the season, coach Warren Joyce has just two wins in nine matches.
            Perhaps Arzani could be one of the young guns to change City's fortunes.
            The 18-year-old impressed off the bench in their last-out loss to Western Sydney, coming on to relieve Ross McCormack up front.
            Against Wellington Phoenix on Saturday, Arzani is the lead candidate to replace Kamau in his favoured wide forward position.
            Arzani isn't counting his chickens but is hoping Joyce backs in another teenager; as he's done successfully with Nathaniel Atkinson in recent weeks.
            "City is one of the most advanced clubs in the way they think (about) young players. Whoever is performing at their best gets the chance to play," he said.
            "It's up to the coach. I've just got to make sure I work as hard as I can."

Comment

Originally posted by serghe View Post
              http://www.espn.com/soccer/melbourne...tor-tim-cahill

Melbourne City wonder-kid Daniel Arzani credits mentor Tim Cahill

Tim Cahill might have left Melbourne City but his legacy lives on at the A-League club, helping to nurture the next generation of talent.
              Wonder-teen Daniel Arzani, in line to make the first start of his career, is being mentored by the Socceroos legend.
              The Iranian-born winger struck up a fast friendship which has continued past Cahill's departure.
              "He came to the club and took me under his wing. Tim's been a huge role model for me," Arzani told AAP.
              "The guy still keeps in contact with me now. We talk on the phone all the time.
              "I take any advice I can get for him because he's one of the best players Australia has ever had."
              While Arzani's career is about to take off, Cahill is yet to find a new club since leaving City.
              A source close to the 38-year-old told AAP a new deal was weeks rather than days away from being announced.
              Cahill left the A-League a month ago, citing a need to be playing regular football to prepare for the World Cup.
              For Arzani, regular football could be closer than ever. The departure of Stefan Mauk and Bruce Kamau to the under-23 Asian Championships has opened up places in City's team.

Daniel Arzani Nigel Owen/Action Plus via Getty Images
              And City could use a change-up after seeing their A-League stocks fall in recent weeks.
              After four straight wins to start the season, coach Warren Joyce has just two wins in nine matches.
              Perhaps Arzani could be one of the young guns to change City's fortunes.
              The 18-year-old impressed off the bench in their last-out loss to Western Sydney, coming on to relieve Ross McCormack up front.
              Against Wellington Phoenix on Saturday, Arzani is the lead candidate to replace Kamau in his favoured wide forward position.
              Arzani isn't counting his chickens but is hoping Joyce backs in another teenager; as he's done successfully with Nathaniel Atkinson in recent weeks.
              "City is one of the most advanced clubs in the way they think (about) young players. Whoever is performing at their best gets the chance to play," he said.
              "It's up to the coach. I've just got to make sure I work as hard as I can."
              Wow.. he has big footsteps to follow. Cahill was a stud for Australia. Lets keep an eye out on his progression...

He will one day choose between ghormeh sabzi and vegemite

Comment

Hmm. In that article it states he was born in Iran, so does wiki, but transfermarkt say he was born in Australia. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Hmm. In that article it states he was born in Iran, so does wiki, but transfermarkt say he was born in Australia. Anyone know for sure?
                  Pretty sure he was born in Australia

Comment

He was born in Sydney (Western Suberbs to be specific).

But according to my sources, he lived a period of his childhood in Iran. Not like a 1 month visit, but a noticeable period of time he was living in Iran.

Both parents are Iranian by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                      Luckily the Socceroos are stacked in that position with Aaron Mooy (rejected Belgian champions, Has EPL offers), Tom Rogic(at Celtic, Arsenal interested), Chris Ikonomidis (Lazio), and Massimo Luongo(at QPR, nominated in Balon d'or).

All are under 25 aswell so even if Arzani makes it to Europe, he will struggle to find any playing time with the Socceroos

thanks
                      what is his prospects for getting a socceroos senior team call up nowadays..??
                      im really diggin this kid's game and aside from a somewhat diminutive size and frame, dont see any other shortcomings that could get in his way of becoming a big time footballer in the next few years ..!!
                      we should start hitting up his and his parents social media outlets and throw the TM idea in his head if not already and show the homie some love..!!
                      i think if he sees an easier route to earn his first international cap with TM and prospects of playing in the next AC, he may well be tempted away from the Aussies...!!?

Comment

TM is filled with good midfielders for the coming years (Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Shekari), and being part of Melbourne City is nothing spectacular. The A-League is seriously weaker than PGL in all aspects.

Realistically he has no chance of making TM unless he makes enormous steps and goes to Europe, and this is coming from a guy like me who always believed in the potential of raised abroad players. Good luck to him, we should follow him nonetheless.

Comment

"Teenager Daniel Arzani instrumental in City’s 5-0 demolition of Adelaide

MELBOURNE City has had an unhealthy reliance on Ross McCormack – until now. Two words – Daniel Arzani.

The teenager starred in the 5-0 demolition of fellow finals contender Adelaide United, laying the platform as Marcin Budzinski was netting a brace, before Dario Vidosic and McCormack taunted the visitors with late stunners as City returned to third on the ladder.

In just his third A-League start, Arzani has less established himself in the first XI than assumed responsibility as City’s attacking focal point.

Arzani’s got a full bag of attacking tricks and a bucketload of confidence to boot, as displayed at AAMI Park:
                          - Finding pockets of space and the confidence to demand the ball, such as his assist for Budzinski’s first goal when he timed his run perfectly before beating two players;
                          - Identifying and then penetrating space, as he regularly pinned his ears back and took on the United defence;
                          - Canny use of his body to protect the ball and beat players;
                          - An impressive bag of skills, displaying the Zidane turn, nutmegs and stepovers.

In just six games and 283 minutes this season, he’s become a target for opposition but far from intimidated, he’s won it as a badge of honour.
                          An enthralling duel with Ersan Gulum, winning a free-kick which led to the first goal, and later Adelaide captain Isaias said much about his surety.
                          Arzani has been directly involved in five City goals this season, with his fingerprints all over City’s crucial opener.

His dominance forced an Adelaide reshuffle at halftime, with Ben Garuccio brought on at left-back to contain Arzani with Ryan Strain moved into midfield.
                          Arzani was spent when he limped off on 67 minutes, replaced by McCormack.

His engine needs most work, though his last two actions of the game were a 50-metre defensive chase and being clattered by desperate defender Jordan Elsey.

DAVUTOVIC’S MAN OF THE MATCH
                          Daniel Arzani (Melbourne City)
                          The teenager starred in the win, stepping up when the game was in the balance and taking control, causing the Adelaide defence havoc off the right wing."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/fo...d1d-1516576585

"A-League: Arzani and Budzinski inspire City to big win over Adelaide

Earlier, Arzani put on a first half clinic, which once again illustrated the impact a talented youngster can have on a team.

They bring a sense of adventure, a desire to test their limits and so often play with the simple joy of just being out on the pitch.

Arzani had already made quite an impression in the past few weeks since he came off the bench with City trailing 1-0 to Wellington. He contributed ideas and invention to help his side back to a wining position in their first home game of the New Year, on January 6."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...21-h0lvm1.html

*Assists 1st goal

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            TM is filled with good midfielders for the coming years (Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Shekari), and being part of Melbourne City is nothing spectacular. The A-League is seriously weaker than PGL in all aspects.
                            Realistically he has no chance of making TM unless he makes enormous steps and goes to Europe, and this is coming from a guy like me who always believed in the potential of raised abroad players. Good luck to him, we should follow him nonetheless.
                            I don’t know man, the more the merrier I’d say ..! Especially in AM dept. where we’re not really all that stacked currently with too many future options ..!
                            Kid obviously possess a lot of qualities but I’m loving that insane jiggle-factor on this kid...! It’s like he is constantly moving back n forth even when he isn’t covering much distance @all..!
                            Such players are a bitch to mark up even for the best of man markers..! This lil dude isn’t even 20 yet ..!?
                            Barring some bizarre unfortunate outcomes , I think in a few years he’ll turn out to be a great lil footballer ..!
                            British clubs , especially the championship & lower leagues constantly trade in n out a lot of footballers from Australia. If he strengthen & toughen up a bit,im guessing that he could be well on his way to EU leagues in short 2-3 years too . .!?

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                              Aaron Mooy went from Melbourne City to being the star player for a prem side in about 2 seasons, I'd imagine this kid's prospects are a little better than all the talent playing in the backwaters of PGL.
                              Arzani is head and shoulders above Aaron Mooy when he was 19.

He is doing very well right now. And yes, he will most likely have to take Aaron Mooy’s pathway and move to Man City and be loaned to a Championship side.

Comment

Hope we can get him for Asian Cup next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X