No announcement yet.

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is 19 and already play with adults, this is like any 19 years old kid playing regularly in IPL, for sure coaching staffs need to have an eye on him. I am not saying he will make it to TM or not(he may not), but they need to evaluate his game and anyway there is more chance to move to Europe from Aussie league than IPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      He is 19 and already play with adults, this is like any 19 years old kid playing regularly in IPL, for sure coaching staffs need to have an eye on him. I am not saying he will make it to TM or not(he may not), but they need to evaluate his game and anyway there is more chance to move to Europe from Aussie league than IPL.
      I think it is important to get him capped before Australia do, that is all that matters to me right now.

Comment

Daniel Arzani is without a doubt a EFL Championship caliber player... Possibly an EPL caliber player too but being a CAM in the EPL is a very difficult feat

Comment

EPL teams have been signing OZ players since the 80s. English are more happy to sign former commonwealth (even Pakistan) before Iranian players.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            EPL teams have been signing OZ players since the 80s. English are more happy to sign former commonwealth (even Pakistan) before Iranian players.
            I think It’s because there are a lot of similarities between lifestyles in England and Australia, which makes settling in England so easy for Australians.

Plus I think it’s super easy to get a work permit in England if you have a Australian passport, so transfers happen very smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s gonna be much harder for Arzani to go to Europe than other Australians.

Arzani is the only Australian player I know without any European parents/grandparents.

This makes him a non-eu player, unlike all other Australian players who usually have English, Scottish, Irish, Greek, Croatian, Serbian, Italian parents/grandparents and can apply for an EU passport.

Comment

Melbourne City 2:2 Newcastle Jets

*Daniel started the match and was subbed off on the 75th min
                *Daniel scored his team's first goal, and his first A-League goal, equalizing from the spot (PK) on the 43rd min.
                *He received a rating of 7 by the Daily Football Show

"Daniel Arzani – 7: Calmly slotted City’s equaliser home from the spot just before half-time. The youngster continues to be one of Warren Joyce’s best creative outlets"

http://dailyfootballshow.com/player-...teal-the-show/

"Throughout an enthralling, end-to-end first half, Arzani was City's go-to man – twisting and turning, trying to find space to deliver a shot or a pass to a colleague in a better area."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/c...25-h0oixy.html

Daniel's goal:

Comment

It's surprising to me that they'd give a penalty to a 19 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                    It's surprising to me that they'd give a penalty to a 19 year old.
                    True, that too after being behind by a goal. Looks like they have a lot of confidence in him. But I read he runs out of gas by the 60-70th minute when he starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                      True, that too after being behind by a goal. Looks like they have a lot of confidence in him. But I read he runs out of gas by the 60-70th minute when he starts.
                      yes he is definitely lacking on the physique side, but he can develop that . We have Shekari coming through in his position as well, but I really think we should try to get Arzani in as well. Cant wait for 3-4 years down the line, if our current crop make the right moves. Talent wise, Sardar, ARJ, Milad should all be playing in top leagues/clubs, PAG/Taremi should be established in europe, guys like Alipour, Ghaedi , Moharrami, and of course the incredible u17 crop should be doing big things as well. Think of those talents, Allahyar, Delfi, Sharati, Esmaeilzadeh, Ghaderi, Sharifi are all TM material.

Comment

latest on him, being called hot property, including European clubs already scouting him.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...ht-keep-arzani

Comment

He looks like a really good talent. Do we have any Australian members who know whether he prefers playing for Iran or Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                            He looks like a really good talent. Do we have any Australian members who know whether he prefers playing for Iran or Australia?
                            I think he is still at that stage where it really depends on who offers him a senior national team call up first, and if he sees himself breaking into the first team.

Yes he played for Australian youth teams, but it seems he never had any call ups from Iranian youth teams anyway. I believe he would also breach his contract with the AIS Centre of Excellence if he chose to play for a non-Australian national youth team.

So right now Iran can use the shambles the Socceroos are in right now to their advantage and call him up maybe straight after the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                              I think he is still at that stage where it really depends on who offers him a senior national team call up first, and if he sees himself breaking into the first team.

Yes he played for Australian youth teams, but it seems he never had any call ups from Iranian youth teams anyway. I believe he would also breach his contract with the AIS Centre of Excellence if he chose to play for a non-Australian national youth team.

So right now Iran can use the shambles the Socceroos are in right now to their advantage and call him up maybe straight after the WC.

I think it depends on who our coach is after the world cup, if Queiroz stays, he'll be a melli poosh by December. Otherwise I'm not sure what the 'new' coach would do.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

i agree, to bold especially
                                he is sorta like Samaan, for most part an Aussie/Swede player, who we must tempt away from, offering them an easier route to a Senior National Team call up and inclusion in AC/WCs..!
                                like i said earlier, it would also help if TM Fans hit him up on his social media account with encouraging remarks and help tempt him more towards TM too..!!

if CQ is let go and or leave us, we are really for most part fooked as a footballing nation in general, espcially when it comes to tempting such talents in to switching over nationalities..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X