Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Tehranto jan I saw you tweeted “Both Iran and Australia are tracking the progress of Daniel Arzani...” - where did you see that Iran was tracking him? The TM staff knows about him?
    https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...g-gun-arzani-0

Comment

I have a feeling we could get him, it would be easier if he came from a random Australian club's academy, because they have invested so much in him with the whole center of excellence thing, it could prove tricky. However, his immediate hesitation to me means we have a decent chance. With him, and Shekari progressing well in rubin, our attacking mid options are suddenly look very bright after the soon to be exit of ashkan and masoud.

Comment

I honestly want CQ to call him up ASAP. I feel like if he actually talks to his parents about it like he said would, he might decide to accept the invitation. If he really is as elite as they say then I wouldn't mind even including him in our world cup squad. The sooner he gets acquainted with the team and the players and gets some taste of national team success I think it'd be much easier to fully flip him to TM. Our midfield would be lethal in 2022 with him.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewNekoui View Post
          I honestly want CQ to call him up ASAP. I feel like if he actually talks to his parents about it like he said would, he might decide to accept the invitation. If he really is as elite as they say then I wouldn't mind even including him in our world cup squad. The sooner he gets acquainted with the team and the players and gets some taste of national team success I think it'd be much easier to fully flip him to TM. Our midfield would be lethal in 2022 with him.
          too early for this WC Squad for sure. No way he deserves a place over our 2 resident attacking mids, Masoud and Ashkan. But come Asian Cup, I would like to see us include one of him or shekari. The proposition of having both is really enticing for our future. Imagine him and Arzani ahead of Saeid, with an prime Ghoddos, Sardar, ARJ front three.

-------Beira------

--Moharrami----PAG----Shariati----Milad

------------------Ezatolahi-----------------
          ----------Arzani---------------Shekari---------

ARJ------------Sardar--------Ghoddos----

Bench : Allahyar Sayyad, Younes Delfi, Esmaeilzadeh, Taremi, Ghaedi, Torabi

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            too early for this WC Squad for sure. No way he deserves a place over our 2 resident attacking mids, Masoud and Ashkan. But come Asian Cup, I would like to see us include one of him or shekari. The proposition of having both is really enticing for our future. Imagine him and Arzani ahead of Saeid, with an prime Ghoddos, Sardar, ARJ front three.

-------Beira------

--Moharrami----PAG----Shariati----Milad

------------------Ezatolahi-----------------
            ----------Arzani---------------Shekari---------

ARJ------------Sardar--------Ghoddos----

Bench : Allahyar Sayyad, Younes Delfi, Esmaeilzadeh, Taremi, Ghaedi, Torabi
            That squad is exactly what I was thinking. We'd be so good. But here's a question... If IFF still doesn't let Masoud play, do you think Arzani could possibly get his spot?

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewNekoui View Post
              That squad is exactly what I was thinking. We'd be so good. But here's a question... If IFF still doesn't let Masoud play, do you think Arzani could possibly get his spot?
              yes it is possible. If he continues performing at this high level. Remember ARJ came from outta nowhere to get on that WC list, at the same age. But I think CQ will be wary not to mess with chemistry too much

Comment

Unless Iran gets screwed again, I can see the final of AC 2019 being Iran-Australia. Will be interesting who this fella chooses, as Australia may improve to the best ranked Asian team depending on World Cup performance. More professional opportunities with Australia, but I have a feeling he will join. People are noticing the talent in Iran, and I have high hopes that we will win the Asian Cup in 2019. Arzani should make the choice best for him, he has a bright future. Could make more money as an Australian, but could have great career success with TM.

Comment

Fingers crossed that he'll pick Iran. He'd be adored by 80 million people that share his blood. Tough to beat that...
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

He can play for whoever he wants to play for. It’s his final decision just as it was Saman’s final decision. The Swedish media and fans weren’t happy but he stood by his decision regardless of the pressure. Daniel is young but I believe his answer in the article was straight forward and mature for his age (19). If he chooses Australia good for him. If he chooses Iran good for him.

Comment

We'll respect his decision either way.
                      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Aussies will be reallly pissed if he chose iran..they have invested so much time on this guy....i wouldn't be so mad if he chose australia as his team....he just be getting so much crap if he comes and plays in front of 100000 fans in azadi hehe

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                          Aussies will be reallly pissed if he chose iran..they have invested so much time on this guy....i wouldn't be so mad if he chose australia as his team....he just be getting so much crap if he comes and plays in front of 100000 fans in azadi hehe
                          But but what about the insta followers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be one more time Iran foiled die-hard Socceroo fans' dreams (aka 1998 WC qualifier playoffs)!

Comment

Australia invests on players but later on they get stabbed in the back by the national team selection commitee or coaching staff. It is a known fact and trend that in Australia those who make it as fixed players in the Socceroos are of the following extraction/ancestry: British, Irish, German, Dutch, Italian and Croatian. All others seldom become fixed. There was a time that there were many Greek, Serbian, Turkish, Macedonian and Maltese who were talented and only a few found their place in the Socceroos squad while some other players who were less talented and were Croatian or Italian or of the other ancestry mentioned became fixed.

Specially it has been very difficult for Lebanese, Latin Americans, Africans and others to get invited or if they do they get only a handful of caps. Hence some go and play for the national teams of their father/motherland. For Example: Buddy Farah (went on to play for Lebanon), Abbas Saad (Lebanese only had 4 socceroos caps), Ersan Gülüm (went on to play for Turkey), Kerem Bulut (no caps for Socceroos).

Also current player Mustafa Amini only had 2 caps not even full matches!

It is to Daniel Arzani's advantage to choose Iran as there is a better chance for him to get more caps than he would for Socceroos, although Team Melli is very hard to get a fixed place as well. Amir Shapourzadeh, Omid Nazari, Daniel Davari, Steven Beitashour only managed to get a few caps.

Comment

He is playing right now against Brisbane. 1-1 at HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X