Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    I say this as a bache Farangi ( even though I left Iran as a teen ), we need to stop inviting bache Farangis. We have a lot of deserving talent in Iran that we should allow to shine.

I don't want Team Melli to become like Algeria in 2014 where their team was basically France's immigrant all Stars, and whenever the commentators talked about them, there was that asterisk of "Many players being French nationals".
    I thought it´s "Team Melli Iran" and not "Team of footballer who's parents decided not to leave the country".
    At the end of the day they are Iranians - most of them even born in Iran and holding the Iranian citizenship.
    I could understand you, if we would naturalise players like AZE or QAT. But here I see no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
      Thanks. Yes Ahmed Elrich was perhaps the luckiest Arab to have socceroos caps for close to 20.
      I think he was lucky to get 20 caps because he wasn't very good.

Saad was good. He was a fine Olyroo and then overlooked for the Socceroos recieving 4 caps far below what he truely deserved.
      Saad was nowhere near as good as Robbie Slater (who played EPL for many seasons and won the premier league), Stan Laziridis, or Craig Foster who were his rivals for the position.

Let's see if Mustafa Amini, Mabil, Ikonomidis, Giannou will feature for the Socceroos for the World Cup or will they not be there or only a benchwarmers or 1-minute subs. I honestly believe coaching staff are not in full control of player selections and a secretive lobby or group force the selection onto the Head Coach. I encourage anyone to view the past World Cups Socceroos squads and see how many Croatians, Italians were in the squad or how the squad was dominated by Anglo-Irish-Dutch-German heritage players.
      That's only because Croats, Italians and WASPS were the largest populations in Australia. Culina, Kalacj, Viduka, Vidmar, Bresciano, Grella, etc. were all fantastic players.

Amini could have been a superstar for Afghanistan and would have had 20 or so caps by now. Currently he has been a benchwarmer in Socceroos with only 2-late sub appearances!
      Amini has only played top-flight football in Denmark, I thought.
      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

have a huge feeling he is gonna choose Aus...

Comment

Look guys, seems like he is leaning towards Australia!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...05-p4yzfm.html

Comment

If he chooses Australia he is dead to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
              If he chooses Australia he is dead to me.

Why lol? I wouldn't blame him. Let's say he does chose Australia, it doesn't mean he doesn't feel Iranian. He might actually rather to play for Iran. There are many factors to take into account. Maybe he thinks that playing for Australia will improve his chances of playing for a bigger club (which I think is true). Then comes in the lifestyle in Iran. Although he won't have to live there he still has to travel there quite often. Anyway my point is there are many factors that are in play and we can't judge the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                Why lol? I wouldn't blame him. Let's say he does chose Australia, it doesn't mean he doesn't feel Iranian. He might actually rather to play for Iran. There are many factors to take into account. Maybe he thinks that playing for Australia will improve his chances of playing for a bigger club (which I think is true). Then comes in the lifestyle in Iran. Although he won't have to live there he still has to travel there quite often. Anyway my point is there are many factors that are in play and we can't judge the kid.
                Sure I can. Given a chance to make millions of Iranians happy trumps anything else for me. I don’t give a shit about any of the other factors.

"Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Look guys, seems like he is leaning towards Australia!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...05-p4yzfm.html
                  He's smart. He knows friendlies won't cap tie him, and that he could still switch allegiances to Team Melli. It's highly unlikely that he makes Australia's World Cup Squad, so he should still be available to switch to Iran by the time Asian Cup 2019 comes around

Comment

Don't see why he is so conflicted, Gucci, Dejagah, Ghoddos, grew up in other countries, represented various youth teams and still decided for Iran. And i believe that any one of us on this forum would choose playing for Iran over if we were in his position.
                    SHOW TIME!

Comment

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Let him be, he’s a teenager. When I was 17 I was leaning more towards Dutch culture but right now as we speak it’s the complete opposite. My entire social circle consists of anything except Dutch friends lol.

He’ll come around. When he doesn’t, good luck when he plays a WCQ in Azadi vs. Team Melli in front if 100.000 Iranian fans. And we don’t have to lean on a 17 year old conflicted teen when we have youth like Esmaeilzadeh, Allahyar and Shariati who would put lives on the line for a TM senior call up.

Comment

Yeah. +He was born in Australia and is Australian just like any other one who was born there.
                        If I were in his shoes I'd choose Iran but thats just because I love iranian football. Where on the other side I feel german and I see myself as a german with iranian heritage and not as an Iranian living in Germany. So I can totally understand him If he doesn't want to play for Iran.
                        People shouldn't bash him just because he is integrated in the society he lives in and was born in, which is a good thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well wtf do u expect him to do when Iran isn't gonna call him up?

Its ridiculous that people are shitting on him for this decision.

Arzani is a great player and I'm sure his choice would've been more difficult had he received a call up from Queiroz.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            Well wtf do u expect him to do when Iran isn't gonna call him up?

Its ridiculous that people are shitting on him for this decision.

Arzani is a great player and I'm sure his choice would've been more difficult had he received a call up from Queiroz.
                            He hasn't made up his mind and we don't even know if he has gotten invites from either side yet!

Comment

Guys he hasnt decided anything and nothing will happen with regards to our chances of getting him until 2019 at the least. Neither us nor aussies will call him up for WC squad, so even if he goes for friendlies he wont be cap tied. The same thing happened with ghoddos and everybody here started over reacting and saying we lost him and the end he joined

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                                That's only because Croats, Italians and WASPS were the largest populations in Australia. Culina, Kalacj, Viduka, Vidmar, Bresciano, Grella, etc. were all fantastic players.
                                Disagree. Italians and Croatians historically owned top football clubs like Melbourne Croatia [United], Sydney Croatia [United], Marconi Fairfield, Adelaide City. Had people in national team selections, media, FFA. Now they are also involved as well as A-League like Sydney FC, Western Sydney Wanderers, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne City, Adelaide United. They tell FFA how many Italians and Croatians should be in the Socceroos. The national team coach never freely selects players.

Australia has the highest number of Greeks outside Greece, only a few made it with many caps Charlie Yankos, Stan Laziridis. There are also many Macedonians but only 3 had many Socceroos caps Mile Sterjovski, Sasha Ognenovski and John Markovski. So much Maltese and only Kevin Muscat had many caps for Socceroos. Turks are no where to be seen in Socceroos past and present although Aziz Behich is a Cypriot Turk.

There were many players of British, Irish, Italian, Croatian, German and Dutch heritage who were below average and yet had many caps. Others have not really been given the chance to shine. It seems nothing will change soon. Same old same old. Anyways stay tuned and see how many Italians and Croatians will be in the Socceroos World Cup squad.

Arzani should be very cautious as they might trick him into becoming a Socceroo only for the purpose of depriving Iran to get him and before he knows it he'll be warming the bench just like Mustafa Amini.
                                Last edited by Rooyintan; 02-07-2018, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X