No announcement yet.

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arzani nominated for the young footballer of the year (Domestic award).

https://www.facebook.com/aleague/vid...6184100407728/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also want to confirm that Arzani’s mum is from Ahvaz.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
        Arzani nominated for the young footballer of the year (Domestic award).

https://www.facebook.com/aleague/vid...6184100407728/

I've never seen him play, but that hell of a good intro video.

Comment

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Sorry for adding new posts but this is also an interesting quote.

“If I was the FFA (Football Federation Australia), I know there’s been talk about him possibly playing for Iran, just arrange a game against anyone and just cap him.”

- Mark Bosnich, GK for Australia during the 97’ WCQ v Iran

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...f94-1518017167

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
            Disagree. Italians and Croatians historically owned top football clubs like Melbourne Croatia [United], Sydney Croatia [United], Marconi Fairfield, Adelaide City. Had people in national team selections, media, FFA. Now they are also involved as well as A-League like Sydney FC, Western Sydney Wanderers, Melbourne Victory, Melbourne City, Adelaide United. They tell FFA how many Italians and Croatians should be in the Socceroos. The national team coach never freely selects players.
            Australia has the highest number of Greeks outside Greece, only a few made it with many caps Charlie Yankos, Stan Laziridis. There are also many Macedonians but only 3 had many Socceroos caps Mile Sterjovski, Sasha Ognenovski and John Markovski. So much Maltese and only Kevin Muscat had many caps for Socceroos. Turks are no where to be seen in Socceroos past and present although Aziz Behich is a Cypriot Turk.
            There were many players of British, Irish, Italian, Croatian, German and Dutch heritage who were below average and yet had many caps. Others have not really been given the chance to shine. It seems nothing will change soon. Same old same old. Anyways stay tuned and see how many Italians and Croatians will be in the Socceroos World Cup squad.
            Arzani should be very cautious as they might trick him into becoming a Socceroo only for the purpose of depriving Iran to get him and before he knows it he'll be warming the bench just like Mustafa Amini.
            Thanks for the considered response.

The reason the top football clubs were owned by Croats and Italians was simply because they had large populations that were well-organised. It's unsurprising, then, that the best talent was produced by those clubs. Those players (mentioned in my previous post) consistently performed at a very high level in Europe.

With respect, each of the examples of overlooked players you raised were highly debatable, to say the least.

Today, Melbourne Victory is run by a prominent Greek. Frank Lowy, the FFA head, is a Ashkenazi Jew. There are significant examples where each of the nationalities you mentioned (Macedonians, Greeks, Maltese) have had players that have featured prominently in Australian football. I can go on, but there are too many holes in your theory that you're unable to account for.

I also find it impossible that a world class coach like Guus Hiddink or Terry Venables would allow the FFA to dictate player selection. If we accept that premise, and combine it with the second premise that their player selections were very close to Graham Arnold (in the case of Hiddink) and Frank Farina (in the case of Venables), I think the inescapable conclusion is that player selection has not been unfairly affected since at least the Venables era until the Arnold era.

Remember, extraordinary claims (i.e. a systemic policy of discrimination in favour of WASPS, Croats and Italians at the expense of results) require extraordinary evidence. In my opinion, there is significant evidence against each of the claims you have made, which I think means that your claim falls short of the required (or even plausible) evidentiary standard.
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
              Look guys, seems like he is leaning towards Australia!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...05-p4yzfm.html
              Arzania has always said that his allegience was a difficult choice.

He still speaks Persian at home with his family and will consult with his parents before making a final call, but, he says, ''the decision will be made by me''.

They can't even spell his name correctly!!! Who is Arzania??

Comment

Sorry for adding new posts but this is also an interesting quote.

“If I was the FFA (Football Federation Australia), I know there’s been talk about him possibly playing for Iran, just arrange a game against anyone and just cap him.”

- Mark Bosnich, GK for Australia during the 97’ WCQ v Iran

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...f94-1518017167

luckily the next actual chance Aussies would get in order to cap-tie him would be in the WC ..! and that seems highly unlikely for them this late into the game as it is for TM really..!!?
                CQ staff if not already, Need to ASAP reach out to this young homie and let him know that he is being monitored and he is indeed in TM's near future plans (definitely for 2019 AC..!) Cause top young talents with his huge potentials dont come around often and they wont get snatched away from their adopted nations without some temptations and early goodwill jestures and offerings from IFF/CQ..!(in other words his name might be suggesting otherwise, but the likes of him dont come Cheap..!)
                the fact that MC took so long into this season to finally give the young lad games to prove his quality also could be a teller that certain prejudices within the club hierarchy coulda played a role in keeping him away from the spotlight for such a long time into the season..?? if so? any such prejudices coulda been due to the fact that he is on his last year of contract there and allowing him to explode on the league football scene woulda made his re-signing him to a longer term more difficult/expensive.... or it coulda well been the usual prejudices that faces other iranian ex-pats in Aussie..!!?? if DuhNeeyaal feels he has been subjected to such racial/background prejudices in his upbringing in australia then him going for an eventual TM choice should be a No-brainer for him and his parents because such bigotry will likely intensify and follow him, his entire professional career there as an Aussie international..!!

no doubt his position is in a dire need for TM going into the future and he can amass a great professional football career for himself playing for his Real Vatan, given the chance to spotlight himself in many important International tournies for years to come in asian and world stage..!

ps
                saying all that stuff, i have a sneaking suspicion that he will just use the Iran option in order to expedite his call-up to Aussie national team and will end up opting for them if successful in Rushing them into his selection..!!

Comment

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/f...05-h0ubcj.html

another related article...!
                  suggesting CQ has been made aware of him..? and the race is on between us and the wanker Aussies for his allegiances..??

Comment

Lol the reactions here are all like the Ghoddos thread

Best of luck to this kid, even if he chooses Australia. Seems like they have extremely high praise and hopes for him.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

It all depends on whether he chilled with FOB Iranians or the white boys in his school.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                        It all depends on whether he chilled with FOB Iranians or the white boys in his school.
                        He chilled mostly with the white boys.

Comment

how do you know?

Comment

Wow, you actually personally know the guy? Same school?

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                              Wow, you actually personally know the guy? Same school?
                              No. Used to be friends on Facebook back in 2014 (he was active on FB back then). Never talked to him, but from his photos with friends, you can tell they were/are almost all white boys.

Comment

Can we just call this kid up to one of our camps... he certainly has a unique talent at 19. I wouldn't be surprised if CQ calls him up anytime soon. Players like Daniel are hard-working and thats what sets him a part. Everyone can say whatever, but for TM, this is like a potential EPL player that has yet to hatch out of his egg. Imagine when he does, it will be insane!

Comment

Working...
                                X