Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    BTW, this was done with Legiuners account from Instagram ... seems he is pretty open and in same boat as Saman ...
    Well Iran is pretty much his only hope of being in a World Cup squad, cause the Australian coach did not include him in his plans for the World Cup.

But it also looks like CQ is not interested in trying him for the World Cup squad as well.

It may just mean he just has to get to Europe first for both coaches to show some interest in him. This will likely happen in the next transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      Well Iran is pretty much his only hope of being in a World Cup squad, cause the Australian coach did not include him in his plans for the World Cup.

But it also looks like CQ is not interested in trying him for the World Cup squad as well.

It may just mean he just has to get to Europe first for both coaches to show some interest in him. This will likely happen in the next transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If he goes to Europe he's gonna 100% choose Australia and vice versa.. No doubt

CQ and Iran need to pick him up now or never.. He is literally the same scenario as Saman (both NT managers want them as legionnares)

Comment

Highlights of his from today's game:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZI8TOn...y=legiuners.ir

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          Highlights of his from today's game:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZI8TOn...y=legiuners.ir
          This kid's a beast. Why isn't he being tested with our u20 at least?

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
            This kid's a beast. Why isn't he being tested with our u20 at least?
            We don't even have an U19/U20 team right now.

Comment

This kid should get an invite for the Asian Cup. Worse case, he is better than Torabi

Comment

Australia coach, van Marwijk, states Arzani is not ready for a Socceroos call-up:

"In a discussion with Australian reporters on Thursday, he also revealed why he favoured Brad Jones over incumbent squad goalkeeper Mitch Langerak and said that two of the players deemed ‘unlucky’ to miss out, Daniel Arzani and Brandon Borrello, “are not ready”.

He also kept the door ajar for Melbourne City’s Arzani and Kaiserslautern’s Borrello.

“They are young players, I think at this moment they are not ready to join the national team but we keep following them. (A lot of things can happen) in the next seven to eight weeks.”"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...89275ea123351e

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  This kid should get an invite for the Asian Cup. Worse case, he is better than Torabi
                  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL better than Torabi XD

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                    Australia coach, van Marwijk, states Arzani is not ready for a Socceroos call-up:

"In a discussion with Australian reporters on Thursday, he also revealed why he favoured Brad Jones over incumbent squad goalkeeper Mitch Langerak and said that two of the players deemed ‘unlucky’ to miss out, Daniel Arzani and Brandon Borrello, “are not ready”.

He also kept the door ajar for Melbourne City’s Arzani and Kaiserslautern’s Borrello.

“They are young players, I think at this moment they are not ready to join the national team but we keep following them. (A lot of things can happen) in the next seven to eight weeks.”"

Him not being ready for socceroos now is the best news for TM in the future.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

IFF, and specially CQ should contact him and make him clear (!) that he is very young, and have 3 world cups to play in the future. I mean, he must also understand, that players, which worked hard all the years under CQ and qualified us for this tournament earn to be in WC squad. = sahmat keshidan. And also i see it the same way as marweijk, that he is not ready yet, and we have the asian cup for him in January, which comes soon enough and more time to be installed in the team after the world cup.

I hope he decides for Iran, it is not fair and very hard to see iranian play for other nations.
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

Needs European football to play for Iran. Nothing against Australian football, but he’s embarrassing their defenders. He needs to show he can do the same or somewhat play at this level in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post

I'm sure that if this kid had European roots like Croatian or Italian, he would be called up in a heartbeat. But because he's Iranian, he appears ''not ready''.

Call it what you want but there is definitely some racial preference in Australian football. I hope Daniel realises this and goes for his real roots.

Comment

Excellent opportunity to cap tie him if Australia is just to stupid to do it...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

ftb, someone from TM staff should at a very least approach him and assess his desires for repping TM...!!
                              if he shows the right aspirations and eagerness, then offer him a call up to one of these WC camps coming up shortly ..! this is an excellent time for this..!

still it would be doubtful if he could make a solid WC inclusion case for TM or Aussies's NT for that matter..!? but we dont have really have to rely on a cap-tying official game to steer the kid in the right direction..? we just have show the kid some love and see if he is open to replicating it..!!

Comment

https://streamable.com/n1dkf

Comment

Working...
                                X