Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melbourne City 1:1 Adelaide United:

*Arzani completed a ful 90 mins for the first time.
    *He made the Team of the Week with an 8.5 rating

"ARZANI, JOYCE AND A NERVOUS PROBLEM...

Despite clamouring for a Socceroos' World Cup place, Melbourne City's 1-1 draw with Adelaide United was the first time Daniel Arzani's played 90 minutes. Warren Joyce and Mark Bosnich shed some light on why...

Arzani starred against the Reds in a 1-1 draw, playing a crucial role in Stefan Mauk's goal to secure a point for Joyce's men.

The 19-year-old also won three fouls and 18 out of 27 duels throughout the match, dismissing a few doubters that he can't perform for an entire match, his coach included.

"I still think there's more to come. He's obviously an exciting prospect,” Joyce said. "He wants to work, he wants to learn, and I'm pleased for him that he got through 90 minutes.

"It's a bugbear of his that he couldn't deal with (90 minutes until now) because he puts a lot of work in."

Joyce has drawn criticism for his reluctance to immediately assimilate Arzani - one of Australia's brightest prospects - into the Melbourne City squad.

These problems were highlighted by a perceived lack of match conditioning against Adelaide. Despite performing solidly for the duration, Arzani fell to the pitch on multiple occassions with cramping.

Former Socceroo Mark Bosnich thought it might be nerves.

“Maybe that can happen when you first start to play because you’re dealing with nerves you haven’t faced before and there’s a chemical reaction in the body," Bosnich told Foxsports.

"This boy is a class act and he needs to be nurtured because he’ll be a fantastic asset for Melbourne City and whichever country he chooses to represent.”

If the teenager continues his remarkable improvement this season, Joyce will be vindicated for his decision to make the midfielder earn his appearances.

In terms of youth-coaching pedigree, Joyce's eight years in charge of Manchester United's reserves means he's built a solid reputation on developing some of the finest young players in the world.

While time will only tell whether Joyce is the right man to develop Arzani, should Melbourne City miss out on the Asian Champions League places this season, his position will come under a lot of scrutiny from the brand-conscious City Football Group.

Meanwhile, there will be no shortage of offers for Arzani, both at domestic and international level."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/...problem-487274

"Five things we learned from A-League Round 23: Keep your feet on the ground

Daniel Arzani’s talent is unquestionable – with pure pace and skill on the ball almost unrivalled since he first burst onto the scene earlier this season.

The Melbourne City wonderkid was again effervescent with energy in Friday’s 1-1 draw with Adelaide United, as City smelled blood in the water every time he touched the ball.

And though some sections of the public have bemoaned his apparent tendency to go to ground under minimal contact, the 19-year-old could be forgiven after Jordan Elsey’s sliding challenge midway through the first half left tempers flaring."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...eague-round-23

"A-League Team of the Week: Round 23

Right-wing – Daniel Arzani: Turned it on again and was unfortunate not to have created anything meaningful. His influence was obvious, as was the panic in Adelaide’s defenders whenever he picked up possession.

Rating – 8.5"

http://dailyfootballshow.com/a-leagu...week-round-23/

Comment

Maybe Arzani will not want to come to the World Cup, but at least come for Asian Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun20 View Post
        Maybe Arzani will not want to come to the World Cup, but at least come for Asian Cup
        Hmm, WC vs Asian cup...I think 10 out of 10 times, I would pick WC.

Comment

Daniel Arzani starting VS West Sydney Wanderers

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.p...06&ci=150&si=1
          twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

Comment

Daniel just had 2 huge key passes, juggled the ball out of the defender's grasp and produced a sharp attack but held on to the ball 1 touch too long. WSW seem to be double and triple teaming him

Comment

ARZANI WITH THE ASSIST!!! Melbourne City 1 - 0 Western Sydney Wanderers

Zendebad

Comment

Arzani's corner gets a great header in the net. 2 - 0 for Melbourne City

This kid is on fire. 80% of their attacks come from Arzani's creation

Comment

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                    I can see him and Ghaedi linking up in the future, playing 1-2s and destroying teams. Man what a time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                      This is objectively the most jizz worthy thing ive seen all day. My god what a STUD. Don't give a fuck if hes playing for Melbourne City or Alborz FC, anyone who is consistently shredding defenses like this deserves the attention he's getting.

If Dejagah can't make it to Russia this summer I would push heavily to call him up. Don't forget that this is a future EPL player and time is ticking between us and Australia...

Too bad he's not a CDM

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        This is objectively the most jizz worthy thing ive seen all day. My god what a STUD. Don't give a fuck if hes playing for Melbourne City or Alborz FC, anyone who is consistently shredding defenses like this deserves the attention he's getting.

If Dejagah can't make it to Russia this summer I would push heavily to call him up. Don't forget that this is a future EPL player and time is ticking between us and Australia...

Too bad he's not a CDM
                        we need him. Call him right after WC, or for WC. Too big of a talent to miss out on. Once he is confident shooting more, wow. Reminds me of Hazard.

Comment

wow, just wow. I'm speechless.

Comment

we Just need to cap this kid and lock him up even if it means taking him to the WC and sitting him on the bench. I am shocked that the Australian coach has not called him up. You mean to tell me that Australia has better players and don’t need him!?

Comment

Guys we should cap both him and Arash Naeni - this guy is a future star for Iran and has attracted a lot of high profile interest

Comment

We should try him out!
                                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Working...
                                X