Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Arzani states that he is leaning towards Australia:

"“I'm certainly leaning towards playing for Australia – though I was born in Iran I grew up here, I learnt my football here and I feel like I owe something to football in Australia,” Arzani told News Corp Australia."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...70d1a7d8613873 [Subscription required]

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
      Daniel Arzani states that he is leaning towards Australia:

"“I'm certainly leaning towards playing for Australia – though I was born in Iran I grew up here, I learnt my football here and I feel like I owe something to football in Australia,” Arzani told News Corp Australia."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...70d1a7d8613873 [Subscription required]
      Noooooooooooooo!!! We are doomed!!!

Comment

So can we officially throw this kid into the Behrang Safari bin and move on please.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
          So can we officially throw this kid into the Behrang Safari bin and move on please.
          lol I would wait until an official announcement is made. At the end of the day he is being constantly interviewed by Australian press who are adding a lot of pressure I would assume. I'm sure he would say the opposite to Iranian journalists if asked. Although it appears he is moving towards wanting to represent Australia (At the end of the day it is his choice), lets wait and see what happens. There may be things happening in the background that we are not aware of.

Comment

I want to blame CQ and his staff on this one too. According to Arzani himself, there has been NO approach by Iran.

Like even a phone call by CQ telling this kid “we are monitoring you” would’ve left a very good impression on Arzani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why not ask CQ about him? His answer will clarify some of the issues.

Iran has many problems that Australia or other countries do not have. However, parents also play an important role. My parents were proud Iranians who affected my decision. Similar to many of you, he wants to make a living in another country instead of Iran.

DA should have been approached and invited to Iran to meet with our legionnaire players and make several friends. He is lost and knows Australia better than Iran.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Arzani starting left wing against Central Coast Mariners
                twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

Comment

Mods please move this thread to the international forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                    Noooooooooooooo!!! We are doomed!!!
                    Why should we be doomed? If anything, the one who turns TM jersey down is doomed.
                    We have the likes of Delfi, Taha or Allahyar who can secure TM for many years, with correct guidance and career choices.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                      Why should we be doomed? If anything, the one who turns TM jersey down is doomed.
                      We have the likes of Delfi, Taha or Allahyar who can secure TM for many years, with correct guidance and career choices.
                      I was being sarcastic, but I’m also sad at our federations incompetence especially if he plays extremely well and we miss out on such opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        I want to blame CQ and his staff on this one too. According to Arzani himself, there has been NO approach by Iran.

Like even a phone call by CQ telling this kid “we are monitoring you” would’ve left a very good impression on Arzani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Untrue

Comment

Seriously, why do you all care about a youth player from Australia trolling amateur players in an amateur league... Let him choose for Australia, good riddance! I think its more disgusting that some people are begging him to play for Iran, where the hell is your pride...

Comment

Hes a very talented player. But in my honest opinion, delfi and allahyar are just as talented, if not more. Rather we stick with them ( and they are 2-3 years younger)

Comment

We produce players as good as him (if not better) every year. The only advantage he has is the Australian passport which gives him easier access to the Europe.

If you think for one second that this guy is more talented than the likes of Delfi, Allahyar, Shariati, Shekari etc etc.. then it doesn't surprise me at all how much bias there is towards our talents by European teams when our own fans think this way

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                                well, there lies the problem ...!! agha
                                and tbf, Taha is a defender ..... allahyar isnt exactly a similar sorta player and imo he aint anywhere at the polished level of Arzani and Delfi although has potential for reaching Danial's level soon, most likely aint going to, more likely becoming another wasted talent in IPL..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X