Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    well, there lies the problem ...!! agha
    and tbf, Taha is a defender ..... allahyar isnt exactly a similar sorta player and imo he aint anywhere at the polished level of Arzani and Delfi although has potential for reaching Danial's level soon, most likely aint going to, more likely becoming another wasted talent in IPL..!!
    allahyar has a totally different skill set to arzani. A much more unique and higher potential one. Somebody with allahyar's physique and technique up top is something I really havent seen in youth, or to a large extent even senior football. Delfi is similar to arzani, and he is similarly shining in an asian league (PGPL is probably a bit better than Aussie League), and he is a few years younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      Mods please move this thread to the international forum.
      I agree, he is an Australian footballer.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        allahyar has a totally different skill set to arzani. A much more unique and higher potential one. Somebody with allahyar's physique and technique up top is something I really havent seen in youth, or to a large extent even senior football. Delfi is similar to arzani, and he is similarly shining in an asian league (PGPL is probably a bit better than Aussie League), and he is a few years younger.
        i stand by my earlier assessment....!! Time will prove my point..!!just wait and see what becomes of the 3 of them..!!
        i would also add, unless Daniel strengthen and beefs up a bit, he wont become a big factor at higher levels of football, especially if he has EPL aspirations..!! add to that the fact that not only physically, his overall game is simply not mature enough to warrant either nation extending him WC invites..!! he still has to prove himself further on the pitch and if he stays grounded he can be excellent addition for us or aussies for next year's AC games..!
        also i repeat, if indeed No-one connected with TM has yet to approach the obviously talented kid then his currently aussi leaning allegiances is mostly our fault..!!
        Also until he has featured for Aussie's senior team in an official game, nothing is decided yet..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          We produce players as good as him (if not better) every year. The only advantage he has is the Australian passport which gives him easier access to the Europe.

If you think for one second that this guy is more talented than the likes of Delfi, Allahyar, Shariati, Shekari etc etc.. then it doesn't surprise me at all how much bias there is towards our talents by European teams when our own fans think this way
          Z Joon, you are right to a certain extent. We do have great talents, but not all of them are open minded. We need players that can serve as role models to our youth that help them through a learning process. If we set an example for them maybe they can understand how playing in a diverse environment is greater than earning more cash domestically. I do acknowlege Arzani's passport has a benefit, but talent can create opportunities and the will to do it will also open doors.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            I want to blame CQ and his staff on this one too. According to Arzani himself, there has been NO approach by Iran.
            Like even a phone call by CQ telling this kid “we are monitoring you” would’ve left a very good impression on Arzani.
            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Carlos Queiroz keeping eye on wonderkid Daniel Arzani

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/footbal...daniel-arzani/

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post

It’s good to know CQ is keeping tabs on Arzani, as he is very talented and could be potential star for us someday. I also like that he isn’t calling him up prematurely, just to beat the Aussies to it. It should be Arzani’s choice and at the end of the day, he will play for us if he really wants to, though I do understand concerns that we might lose him. Will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Guys, please don't think just because you haven't heard it in the news, that Queiroz isn't keeping an eye on it. Queiroz is keeping tabs on basically every player who is eligible for Iran, end the national team coach, that's his job.

Comment

I hope he plays for Iran but even if he chooses Australia I would support him as he is still an Iranian playing for Australia. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post

Everyone notice they used PersiAnFootball.com twitter?

Comment

Keeping an eye on him doesn’t mean much at this point if CQ is smart and cares about the future of TM he should call him up to at least show the kid we are interested bc at this point Australia is showing him tons of love (federation, media, etc.) while in Iran nobody knows about him. It’s not hard to understand why he is leaning towards Australia right now....
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Keeping an eye on him doesn’t mean much at this point if CQ is smart and cares about the future of TM he should call him up to at least show the kid we are interested bc at this point Australia is showing him tons of love (federation, media, etc.) while in Iran nobody knows about him. It’s not hard to understand why he is leaning towards Australia right now....
                        i agree in general....
                        but int the published article CQ eloquently explains his Interest for Arzani and that will more than suffice as "a supposed initial contact" from the head honcho of TM himself and im quiet satisfied by it..!!

the ball is now on Arzani's court to reach deep within himself and consult his family in this regards and make a decision Where really his International Allegiance lie..!!

Comment

In the end the decision will be made on the capabilities and skills and character of each player to be part of the national team.”

Queiroz added, however, that he wouldn’t select Arzani simply to “lock him in” to playing for Iran, saying he’s seen that happen with other players in the past and it’s not something he as a coach is comfortable with.

Thankfully Queiroz doesn’t believe in this prison cap tie that many people here like and won’t call up players just because they’re eligible for other national teams. Arzani has the same chance of a call up as youngsters like Delfi, Shariati, etc, which with the World Cup being two months away, is pretty much 0.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                            In the end the decision will be made on the capabilities and skills and character of each player to be part of the national team.”

Queiroz added, however, that he wouldn’t select Arzani simply to “lock him in” to playing for Iran, saying he’s seen that happen with other players in the past and it’s not something he as a coach is comfortable with.

Thankfully Queiroz doesn’t believe in this prison cap tie that many people here like and won’t call up players just because they’re eligible for other national teams. Arzani has the same chance of a call up as youngsters like Delfi, Shariati, etc, which with the World Cup being two months away, is pretty much 0.
                            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post

I think this is what happened to Beitashour and German-Iranian goalkeeper but i guess neither was that good to get called up by their 1st country..

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                                I think this is what happened to Beitashour and German-Iranian goalkeeper but i guess neither was that good to get called up by their 1st country..
                                Pretty sure Beita was called up to the US national team, at least training with them but declined because of Iran call up

Comment

Working...
                                X