Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Its absurd to invite a kid who who hasn't had single senior cap to the World Cup. We're not Brazil where we can invite superstars in the making like Ronaldo in 94 or Kaka in 02.
    CQ is keen on experience and physical toughness.
    As much as i hope Arzani turns out to be a great player for TM, he is not at the level to help us in the World Cup.
    It is not absurd, here is why.

CQ currently has a plethora of options on the offensive front. Many of these players are versatile and can play multiple positions.

So you have: Kaveh, Sardar, ARJ, Taremi, Karim, Saman, Gucci. That's 7 options, right away. You can even include Ramin Rezaeian as a right winger (Amiri's position). Then you have the PGL squad (Torabi, Gholizadeh etc.) who have also played better than Amiri during the PGL campaign.

These guys all deserve playing time ahead of Amiri - who would then be basically out of the rotation - from a number's perspective. So what is the risk of inviting a young stud like Arzani? He will say Yes if Socceroos do not invite him to the World Cup.

You think long-term, involve him in team dynamics, acclimate him with team players so they can become friends (i.e. what he did with Saman Ghoddos) and maybe even give him a few minutes in the World Cup so you have him capped. This shows that you believe in him. This is a very redeeming feeling that all players want.

No-lose situation. We might lose Arzani because of guys like Amiri, who is in terrible form and has only scored 1 goal for TM in 33 caps?

You risk Arzani for Amiri? That's insanity.

Comment

Lol the fact that some members are vying for Amiri is laughable. He is a waste of a roster spot... Those who think Amiri is more valuable than Arzani are not thinking long-term and open minded...

Arzani has already been said to be more talented than Mathew Leckie when he was his age, and look where Leckie is now, a starter on a good Bundesliga club.

I'm just gonna laugh when Arzani gets signed by Man City and kills it for Australia while Amiri and his high school level technical skills rots on the Team Melli bench

Comment

Its absurd to invite a kid who who hasn't had single senior cap to the World Cup. We're not Brazil where we can invite superstars in the making like Ronaldo in 94 or Kaka in 02.
        CQ is keen on experience and physical toughness.
        As much as i hope Arzani turns out to be a great player for TM, he is not at the level to help us in the World Cup.
        IT'S NOT ABSURD! PLAY FIFA BRO!!! You'll see he made it into TOTS along with Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          It is not absurd, here is why.

CQ currently has a plethora of options on the offensive front. Many of these players are versatile and can play multiple positions.

So you have: Kaveh, Sardar, ARJ, Taremi, Karim, Saman, Gucci. That's 7 options, right away. You can even include Ramin Rezaeian as a right winger (Amiri's position). Then you have the PGL squad (Torabi, Gholizadeh etc.) who have also played better than Amiri during the PGL campaign.

These guys all deserve playing time ahead of Amiri - who would then be basically out of the rotation - from a number's perspective. So what is the risk of inviting a young stud like Arzani? He will say Yes if Socceroos do not invite him to the World Cup.

You think long-term, involve him in team dynamics, acclimate him with team players so they can become friends (i.e. what he did with Saman Ghoddos) and maybe even give him a few minutes in the World Cup so you have him capped. This shows that you believe in him. This is a very redeeming feeling that all players want.

No-lose situation. We might lose Arzani because of guys like Amiri, who is in terrible form and has only scored 1 goal for TM in 33 caps?

You risk Arzani for Amiri? That's insanity.
          Even if CQ hated Amiri (which he doesn't), he wouldn't waste the additional spot on Arzani, he'd probably call up another CB.

Comment

Some really strange comments here
            First of all there is no guarantee that Amiri would be in the final WC roster
            It’s either him or Torabi for that position
            But even if Arzani is called up to TM in May , it’s impossible for him
            To be included in the final 23 no way no how, CQ will never take that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
              Some really strange comments here
              First of all there is no guarantee that Amiri would be in the final WC roster
              It’s either him or Torabi for that position
              But even if Arzani is called up to TM in May , it’s impossible for him
              To be included in the final 23 no way no how, CQ will never take that chance.
              It’s obvious CQ likes amiri more than torabi...

Comment

I'm sorry but what did Arzani do for TM to deserve a place in the World Cup squad? This is his first real season of professional football and people want him in the World Cup squad lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I'm sorry but what did Arzani do for TM to deserve a place in the World Cup squad? This is his first real season of professional football and people want him in the World Cup squad lol.
                  Still better than amiri

Comment

SO WE CAN LOCK HIM INTO THE SQUAD!!! AND WEAKEN AUSTRALIA!!!

Comment

It's not about what he did but its about his potential.

We didn't call up Azmoun in 2014 even though he didn't really do anything in Kazan that year. On the other hand, Arzani has been voted by fans, teammates, and other players as the best young upcoming talent.

Sure the A-league isn't the best league, but the fact that European scouts are monitoring him and that Australia is also pressured to call him up shows that its now or never.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        It's not about what he did but its about his potential.

We didn't call up Azmoun in 2014 even though he didn't really do anything in Kazan that year. On the other hand, Arzani has been voted by fans, teammates, and other players as the best young upcoming talent.

Sure the A-league isn't the best league, but the fact that European scouts are monitoring him and that Australia is also pressured to call him up shows that its now or never.
                        There is a reason that Australia didn't called him up yet, because is not World Cup material. If Australia leaves him out, Iran shouldn't include him either: we are supposed to be Asian's best team. When he goes to a decent European league and starts to shine there he can be called up to TM. I'd rather invite either Shariati, Delfi, or Allahyar if we were going to invite youngsters.

Comment

There is a reason that Australia didn't called him up yet, because is not World Cup material. If Australia leaves him out, Iran shouldn't include him either: we are supposed to be Asian's best team. When he goes to a decent European league and starts to shine there he can be called up to TM. I'd rather invite either Shariati, Delfi, or Allahyar if we were going to invite youngsters.
                          While I agree that there is no reason for him to be in the WC - I disagree that we shouldn't call him up simply because Australia hasn't called him up and we are supposed to be better than Australia. I don't think ranking should be taken into that much consideration in things like these. What if our scouts see something in him that Australia does not see? It's not worth missing out on him because Australia thought he wasn't good enough.

At the end of the day though, I can see him picking either team. Good luck to him regardless

Comment

Even if CQ hated Amiri (which he doesn't), he wouldn't waste the additional spot on Arzani, he'd probably call up another CB.
                            Yes, I agree that maybe this is the better call - dump Amiri for a CB. But if you are choosing Amiri in your squad? You call Arzani.

I am not saying that Arzani's current play warrants a team invite. As I mentioned (not to you Nokhodi jan, but others), there are multiple starts and subs ahead of Amiri, so inviting Arzani as literally the 23rd man on the squad is not a risk (if you decide to drop Amiri for an offensive player OR pick Amiri).

Comment

Arzani is a talented youngin with a lot of potential and a bright future ahead of him if all goes well, and Amiri is well, just Amiri at this point! Nothing special about him besides his constant running which CQ loves but technically he is no where near starting material for TM. Amiri doesn't deserve to make the final 23 roster with the options we have available. (Torabi, Gholizadeh, Noorafkan, etc.)

Arzani on the other hand definitely deserves a call-up and CQ has even hinted towards it but since we have enough offensive pieces right now and CQ knows that he can't really rely on Arzani in the world cup just yet (hence why he wasn't called up for the friendlies), we may not see Arzani in Russia and see him for the Asian Cup instead, just hope the aussies haven't snatched him up by then and it's not too late! I'm sure CQ is working his magic through the backchannels though.

Comment

Why are some of you people here acting like this Arzani guy is such great player that he deserves to be included in the 23 man WC squad ???
                                What has he done in the world of soccer so far that is soo unbelievable ?
                                This is absolutely crazy to me , and no way CQ will not invite him to the TM before the WC.
                                Iran has plenty of other 19-20 year old talents as good as Arzani who are still yet to be called up so whats so special about this kid in Australia ?
                                Also from a moral and ethical point of view ,what message do you think CQ would be sending to his Top 40 TM players who have all given their absolute best
                                for the last couple of years in every TM camp and ect..., and all of sudden an unkown kid will get picked for the final roster instead of one of them, only 2 months before the WC ???!!!???
                                No i guarrantee you even if Arzani was as good as Messi or Ronaldo , CQ would have never done that.

Comment

Working...
                                X