No announcement yet.

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me just say this. He might be a giving his true feelings in this interview, however you can not dismiss the possibility of him trying to be as political as possible. The guy was born and raised in Australia. The backlash and scrutiny they face in spurning their present country is great. Why should he commit to Iran, if there has been no indication he would be invited to TM in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      “Arzani would choose Iran if given World Cup chance”

Article: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...rld-cup-chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      no freaking way Carlos would extend him a TM invite (probably not even for after WC..!?) after the Aussie khaymali shitt he spews in this interview..!
      he may as well pin all his hopes on socceroos, CQ will not even consider following his progress anymore if he feels he lacks the commitment, love and the character to rep TM..!!
      this lil fool is in too big of a hurry and simply pushed too hard to make the WC in Russia for which he simply isnt qualified nor ready for yet..... !

Comment

Let me just say this. He might be a giving his true feelings in this interview, however you can not dismiss the possibility of him trying to be as political as possible. The guy was born and raised in Australia. The backlash and scrutiny they face in spurning their present country is great. Why should he commit to Iran, if there has been no indication he would be invited to TM in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
          “Arzani would choose Iran if given World Cup chance”
          Article: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...rld-cup-chance
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bacheha bepichim roosh? XD

Obligatory, if you don’t like me at my worse, you don’t deserve me at my best.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
            Very important point to consider.

Frankly, it's not just about playing in this World Cup for Daniel, as he will in others. He is using that old logic of "Oh, I want to play in THIS World Cup" to not face backlash.

Comment

You need to be on C.Ronaldo level to be ready for the World Cup at 19 yrs of age. This kid is not ready physically.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Just hearing him talk you can tell that this kid's heart is clearly not with Iran. None of the players like Dejagah, Gucci or Ghodous came right out and said they will play for TM with the condition that they would play in the WC.

I am pretty sure CQ will lose a lot of interest in him now.

Comment

He will get the call and eventually play for Aussie. He is one of their best prospect, so i am sure they will lock him, specially after his interest to play for them.

Comment

he just wants to follow his interest, and do not want to be a soldier of his nation. he just wants to play in the world cup. in this world cup. whatever it costs or is needed. we do not need such player. if he comes to iran with australia, first tell him to do his military service 2 years...
                    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                    -

Comment

We should not be letting some unproven 19 year old issue us ultimatums. I don't care about his flair / potential or if he goes on to transfer to a top league and/or becomes a top player. We are dealing in the present and the fact is he's just not good enough for this World Cup based on his lack of experience and our abundance of forward options.

I don't think CQ will call him up anyway. Look at what happened to Azmoun at the last World Cup. He had a much better chance of going to Brazil at the same age but Carlos chose experience. He will do so again.

I suspect neither nation will select him for their World Cup squad and that he'll be in Australia's Asian Cup squad. Good luck to him.

Comment

Guys reading between the lines hear I think Arzani will choose which ever team he feels the coaching staff has the most belief in him. He doesn't seem like a guy who gives a crap about gheyrat when it comes to Iran or Australia but just wants the best chance to shine on the biggest stage. If he plays for us and is one of the best performers on the field, then I could care less how in touch he is with his Iranian roots

Comment

If he was being as "political as possible" he would say he hasn't made up his mind and has two nationalities and has passion for both national teams, and leave it at that. That way he could go to Iran or Australia with a straight face. I think Iran and Australia fans would both understand - a player who's got potential to play for either and has two nationalities, it's natural to feel a belonging to each of them!

All this extra eloquent "would love to put on the green and gold" praising of Australia national team stuff shows his support for Australia, but he never says any of that stuff for Team Melli. If he says all that rosy stuff about Australia and then goes to Team Melli he would severely piss of Australian fans and players etc. because it would be in stark contrast to his previous comments!

He doesn't sound like he has any passion towards Team Melli or Iran, which I think is unfortunate. From the clips I've seen from him, he's got lots of talent, skills, and I think his physicality is good and will only get better. He is a bit raw and inexperienced, but he could grow into a special player. Certainly for Asian standards.

Also, he sounds a bit entitled. He's too young and unproven to be mentioning going to the world cup. Poor Khalatbari (huge player) and Azmoun (huge talent) weren't taken to the world cup. He says publicly he's "ready to play for Australia" lol. Isn't it the job of the national team coach to select you? A few praises from Australian media seems to have gotten to his head.

Comment

Delfi has similar style to this guy, two years younger , better stats, plays in a stronger league for a weaker team and still shows himself, and showed himself against the best in his age group at World Cup . If he can get to Europe in the next 12 months (many teams interested including PSV), I am sure he will be no less of a player than arzani

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                              If he was being as "political as possible" he would say he hasn't made up his mind and has two nationalities and has passion for both national teams, and leave it at that. That way he could go to Iran or Australia with a straight face. I think Iran and Australia fans would both understand - a player who's got potential to play for either and has two nationalities, it's natural to feel a belonging to each of them!

All this extra eloquent "would love to put on the green and gold" praising of Australia national team stuff shows his support for Australia, but he never says any of that stuff for Team Melli. If he says all that rosy stuff about Australia and then goes to Team Melli he would severely piss of Australian fans and players etc. because it would be in stark contrast to his previous comments!

He doesn't sound like he has any passion towards Team Melli or Iran, which I think is unfortunate. From the clips I've seen from him, he's got lots of talent, skills, and I think his physicality is good and will only get better. He is a bit raw and inexperienced, but he could grow into a special player. Certainly for Asian standards.

Also, he sounds a bit entitled. He's too young and unproven to be mentioning going to the world cup. Poor Khalatbari (huge player) and Azmoun (huge talent) weren't taken to the world cup. He says publicly he's "ready to play for Australia" lol. Isn't it the job of the national team coach to select you? A few praises from Australian media seems to have gotten to his head.
                              We have numerous players better than him right now that probably won't get to go. Honestly I am done with this kid. Lock the thread.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

I wouldn't bet against CQ wanting him. I mean Beitashour and Omid Nazari who had Iran as their second choice got called up. Beitashour even trained with the US national team and Nazari said he sees himself as a Swede but still likes Iran. Daniel has talent and needs to get called up if possible. I'm sure after he sets foot in Iran and gets into the camp with other players his feelings will change and he'll build a connection to his real home country.

I can't really blame him for wanting to play in the WC. I mean your career should always be your highest priority. A good WC performance means good offers from european clubs.
                                Why did none of you criticize Beitashour when his main goal was just to play in the WC? He didn't give a shit about Iran but still the majority of PFDC supported him.

Comment

Working...
                                X