Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    I wouldn't bet against CQ wanting him. I mean Beitashour and Omid Nazari who had Iran as their second choice got called up. Beitashour even trained with the US national team and Nazari said he sees himself as a Swede but still likes Iran. Daniel has talent and needs to get called up if possible. I'm sure after he sets foot in Iran and gets into the camp with other players his feelings will change and he'll build a connection to his real home country.

I can't really blame him for wanting to play in the WC. I mean your career should always be your highest priority. A good WC performance means good offers from european clubs.
    Why did none of you criticize Beitashour when his main goal was just to play in the WC? He didn't give a shit about Iran but still the majority of PFDC supported him.
    Because beitashour was way more polite and his interviews made him seem like a likeable, nice guy. Because he said he's Iranian-American and has pride for both countries.

He didn't say "I've always dreamed of pulling on the starts and stripes of the US and singing the Star spangled banner with my heart and soul. I grew up in the US and McBride is my biggest hero and Cobi Jones and Landon Donavon. Oh and btw if the US doesn't invite me to go to the world cup Iran would be cool. "

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

As mentioned by another member, you need to be at level of C.Ronaldo or Messi to have a chance at the WC at 19 years of age. This kid is far from that and he has the wrong attitude to boot.

Personally I don't think CQ would want anyone near TM whose HEART is not beating for Iran. And neither would I.

Comment

Fuck him.
        He deserves the penal colonists
        "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
          Fuck him.
          He deserves the penal colonists
          Australia is a far more liveable country than Iran is, get off your fucking high horse

Comment

I am okay with him choosing Australia. I even support his decision for choosing a country that he best feels for. But, the fact that he said he would choose Iran if Iran gives him WC spot...that gets under my skin.
            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
              I am okay with him choosing Australia. I even support his decision for choosing a country that he best feels for. But, the fact that he said he would choose Iran if Iran gives him WC spot...that gets under my skin.
              exactly. Remember how courteous ghoddos was to both sides, and didnt announce his preferences publicly. And he was killing it in a european league AND in the europa league. This kid had half a good season and now is already talking about WC.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                Because beitashour was way more polite and his interviews made him seem like a likeable, nice guy. Because he said he's Iranian-American and has pride for both countries.

He didn't say "I've always dreamed of pulling on the starts and stripes of the US and singing the Star spangled banner with my heart and soul. I grew up in the US and McBride is my biggest hero and Cobi Jones and Landon Donavon. Oh and btw if the US doesn't invite me to go to the world cup Iran would be cool. "

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                While I agree with you on the politeness part, I have to disagree with you on defending Beitashour. That guy was a selfish prick who just wanted to take part in the WC. He chose the US national team over Iran and after getting rejected by Klinsmann he decided to go to Iran.
                And what about Nazari? He clearly admitted that Sweden is more in his heart than Iran.
                Either you reject all of these players who don't see Iran as their number 1 country or you welcome them.

Comment

^CQ and TM were in far more desperate and dire need of International level talent THEN than we're now..!!
                  no fking way either could muster even a serious consideration for TM nowadays...! Nazari was dumped after not impressing CQ much after a few trial games anyways..! and so was Beita for that matter..!
                  your right in that Beita only considered TM after Klinsman made it clear to him that he wasnt good enough for USMNT..!! Nonetheless, Esteve was more shroud, and diplomatic in his public interviews not to burn bridges with either side than Arzani was in his last interview..!

Comment

I dont get the desperation of our football fans on bringing this idiot to the national team, he clearly doesn't respect Iran and the value of wearing our jersey

let me bring an example of how some members here act

imagine a loser in a relationship with a gold digger, then the loser finds out the gold digging sl*t is also seeing another guy, what does the loser do instead of dumping her? he begs and cries for her to stay and in return she tells him, she wants to have her options open and expects him to shower her with gifts as the only way to keep her around

there is no room in the national team for opportunist punks that see the team as their own spring board into a better career, when you are wearing Iran's jersey you are officially a soldier representing every man woman and child that follows you with all their hearts, prayers and patriotic aspirations , unless you understand and respect such concept you dont deserve to wear the jersey!

we as people of Iran should do away with neutral positions and must stand up patriotically against anyone ever wanting to take advantage of what truly matters to us as a nation

if anyone deserves to be invited its Younes Delfi
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Here's my take on this:

I like Daniel as a player and think he's going to be a very special talent. That being said, I think he used the wrong words in his interview.

It shows that he doesn't care about the national team really, as long as he can get the exposure and make it big. This is problematic because it evidently makes Team Melli look desperate.

At first I was a big fan of wanting to call up Daniel, but it seems to me that he just isn't set on playing for Iran unless it HELPS HIM, rather than helping his nationality of Iran.

HOWEVER, I think this can change. Closing this thread would show impatience. As of now, he probably won't make it to the WC.. Lets track his progress, see if he gives any better interviews, and judge then.

Comment

سنگ بینداز و گهر میستان.....خاک زمین میده و زر میستان

Last edited by St_Mark; 05-02-2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Could we stop discussing this guy on this forum? Its obvious what his national team is. This of course if the interview isnt made up:

-----------------------------
                          “I think the Socceroos definitely for me,” Arzani said when asked what his first preference is.

“But the thing is there is a World Cup coming up and I wouldn’t be one to pass up the chance to play in a World Cup, it’s an amazing experience."It’s clear the teen sensation is desperate to play for Australia.

“It would mean the world,” Arzani said.

“Obviously from being very young, watching the Socceroos play, I’ve always dreamt of playing for them and putting on the green and gold for the first team.”

“To think that one day hopefully soon I could be putting on that jersey is just something special.”

“Just growing up watching players like Harry Kewell and Tim Cahill that I now know personally and play, it’s just crazy.”

----------------------------

Comment

Thread moved to International Forum since he won't play for Iran.

Comment

I don't think the thread should have been moved. Regardless of who he decides to play for he is still Iranian.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                                Thread moved to International Forum since he won't play for Iran.
                                Great job Essi!
                                Thats the correct attitude we need to see more often around here!
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X