No announcement yet.

Daniel Arzani, Iranian playing for Australia U-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh. And the bias towards Iranian players who play for Team Melli continues:

Ajax and AZ are interested in signing Daniel Arzani, according to one of the biggest Dutch football sites.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=331469

Comment

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/...he-roos-494476

the kid is a scumbag

i owe aussie football so much, yet iran is where i learned how to play is pretty much what the sell out is saying

fuck him and i hope we meet him in asian cup or WCQ. Ezza will drag this little shit around the pitch, while 130,000 at Azadi will let him know he made the wrong decision.
      SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by khosro View Post
        Why is this thread still going ... forget this guy. He chose his destiny ...
        ^^^^^
        “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post

the kid is a scumbag

i owe aussie football so much, yet iran is where i learned how to play is pretty much what the sell out is saying

fuck him and i hope we meet him in asian cup or WCQ. Ezza will drag this little shit around the pitch, while 130,000 at Azadi will let him know he made the wrong decision.
          Australia turned him into a total footballer - whether or not you agree with his national team choice, you cannot dispute this fact. Maybe he had the iranian "gene" for football, but Australia honed him into a complete player.

There are thousands of kids as good as AND better than Arzani in Iran that will never be known in football because they don't have money or connections or....... Basically they were and will continue to be let down by their country. For every Jahanbaksh, we have 50 kids with equal talent that got let down by IRAN.

At the end of the day he made a decision, maybe be a bit more selective of using the word "scumbag" for more serious issues in life.

Of course if they play TM I would want him to get smoked, but you don't need to send 80K men to give the kid an anxiety attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
            Australia turned him into a total footballer - whether or not you agree with his national team choice, you cannot dispute this fact. Maybe he had the iranian "gene" for football, but Australia honed him into a complete player.

There are thousands of kids as good as AND better than Arzani in Iran that will never be known in football because they don't have money or connections or....... Basically they were and will continue to be let down by their country. For every Jahanbaksh, we have 50 kids with equal talent that got let down by IRAN.

At the end of the day he made a decision, maybe be a bit more selective of using the word "scumbag" for more serious issues in life.

Of course if they play TM I would want him to get smoked, but you don't need to send 80K men to give the kid an anxiety attack.
            lol seriously I think Ronaldo got less hate when he switched from Barcelona/Real/Inter/Milan than the kid.

Comment

I hope this thread gets closed it’s just a bunch of grown people insulting a kid...

Comment

the kid is a scumbag

Why a scumbag? Because he is appreciating the country he grew in and learned professional football?

Comment

Daniel Arzani: Juventus and Manchester City set to battle for Aussie wonderkid

Can't say we didn't have a chance to grab him

Comment

Bro, he wasn't good enough to call up for the squad, and we're not desperate enough to call him up for the most important tournament we have just to cap-tie him. Besides, he had a lot of pressure around him to select Australia, and why would should we get a guy that doesn't want to be with us 100%? Saman went with his heart and chose Iran, clearly Arzani didn't want to play for us unless we were gonna call him up for the WC, and he rushed his decision to join Australia to join on time.

Just give this issue a rest, forget about him.
                    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Sigh. And the bias towards Iranian players who play for Team Melli continues:

Ajax and AZ are interested in signing Daniel Arzani, according to one of the biggest Dutch football sites.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=331469
                      These clubs, including PSV are probably interested because they've contacted Bert van Marwijk (Aussies current coach, Dutch).
                      PSV might have a good shot at him as van Bommel is going to PSV's coach next season and now is Aussies assistant coach.

As a PSV it would have been awesome if he had chosen Iran instead of Aussie.. ah well.

Comment

We were not in any position to call up a 19 year old for this WC - there is nobody on the roster we could have dropped for Arzani. Australia on the other hand found a spot for him.

If this was the AC instead of WC, we might have squeezed him in and cap tied him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                          We were not in any position to call up a 19 year old for this WC - there is nobody on the roster we could have dropped for Arzani. Australia on the other hand found a spot for him.

If this was the AC instead of WC, we might have squeezed him in and cap tied him.
                          Shojaei was injured and did not play well, Dejagah wasn’t used. So we could have, but what’s past is past. But no point in people insulting a kid, that’s just low class.

Comment

after our display at the WC, i am at peace with Arzani's decision. he is talented which would have been nice for him to be in our squad with the likes of Eza, AJB, Sardar, and Ghoddos. during our run i realized that he truly is missing out. australias WC campaign was also sub par. good for him to get offers from top clubs, something out players don't receive, but hopefully that changes this time. what i saw with our TM was a brotherhood. the camaraderie between our players is something I've never seen from our NT and many others. it was a joy to watch. i don't think arzani will ever have that bond with his teammates in aus land. he will always be an outsider. gucci, dejagah, and ghoddos all played in their former countries youth teams, but ended up playing for iran. i wish arzani would have done this, but i feel like his decision was forced because he was eager to play in a WC and the pressure from aus media.

should we play vs him in Azadi, i truly feel that he will have tears in his eyes when he sees the passion and love our fans give the players and how much the players and staff are united.

i wish nothing but the best for this kid and hope in the long run he will be content with his decision.
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

after our display at the WC, i am at peace with Arzani's decision. he is talented which would have been nice for him to be in our squad with the likes of Eza, AJB, Sardar, and Ghoddos. during our run i realized that he truly is missing out. australias WC campaign was also sub par. good for him to get offers from top clubs, something out players don't receive, but hopefully that changes this time. what i saw with our TM was a brotherhood. the camaraderie between our players is something I've never seen from our NT and many others. it was a joy to watch. i don't think arzani will ever have that bond with his teammates in aus land. he will always be an outsider. gucci, dejagah, and ghoddos all played in their former countries youth teams, but ended up playing for iran. i wish arzani would have done this, but i feel like his decision was forced because he was eager to play in a WC and the pressure from aus media.

should we play vs him in Azadi, i truly feel that he will have tears in his eyes when he sees the passion and love our fans give the players and how much the players and staff are united.

i wish nothing but the best for this kid and hope in the long run he will be content with his decision.
                              Well put and IMO an apt point to close the chapter on this thread ...
                              “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Should we play in Azadi I hope he remembers enough Persian to understand the chants of "vatan foroosh".
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X