Wrestling World Championships 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrestling World Championships 2015

The 2015 world championships are starting so I am making this thread for discussing it.

Can one of our knowledgeable members provide a breakdown of our Freestyle and Greco team and our chances at medals in each weight group?

here is our final roster

Greco

59kg: Hamid Sourian - He lost twice this year in international competitions but got robbed in both matches, I believe he is still the best and favorite #1 for the gold.
    66kg: Mehdi Zeidvand - not a bad wrestler still not that great, a medal from him will be a big big surprise
    71kg: Afshin Biabangard - he is good and I think has a very good chance for medal in this non-Olympic weight, the field is weaker here.
    75kg: Saeid Abdevali - he is a true warrior but one weight up it will be really tough for him, specially because this is a very tough weight with so many great wrestlers. still I expect medal for him, even gold is not impossible.
    80kg: Yousef Ghaderian - another non-Olympic weight, this kid is good and has a chance for medal with a good draw. still not that convincing.
    85kg: Habibollah Akhlaghi - with his style he can beat anybody but he also can lose to an average wrestler, he just push and push to tire his opponent, sometimes it doesn't work. I don't think he can finish on podium but he has a chance for sure.
    98kg: Ghasem Rezaei - looks like he is back in his old days. he has one very good opponent from Armenia, I think he can beat the rest. gold is hard to reach, medal quite possible
    130kg: Mehdi Aliyari - weakest link of the team, they just moved him from 98 to 130 to make the team complete, don't expect anything from him.

Comment

Freestyle

57kg: Hassan Rahimi - he is an ex-world champion but didn't shine last year, he still can beat anybody in this world but sometimes he just freezes during the match. medal and even gold is quite possible for him but nothing guaranteed.
      61kg: Behnam Ehsanpour - He beat the world champion recently but still quite unpredictable. even though this is a non-Olympic weight but the field is still quite strong. I expect medal after all.
      65kg: Ahmad Mohammadi - He is fun to watch because of his high scoring matches, does stupid mistakes sometimes but still I consider him as our best chance for gold in Olympic weights.
      70kg: Hassan Yazdani - this kid is just amazing, no doubt our best chance for gold , the only thing makes me worry about him is that there are so much pressure on him to win the gold and he is just 21. if he handles the pressure he will win the gold for sure.
      74kg: Alireza Ghasemi - He came from nowhere to win the trials and later won a tourney in Poland beating World Silver medalist, I really like his style, I believe he has a chance for medal but he lacks experience. gold is almost impossible because of Burroughs.
      86kg: Alireza Karimi - he is also 21 and a very good wrestler, I rank him 2nd at the world right now but the #1 wrestler from Russia is almost unbeatable, Silver or Bronze for Karimi.
      97kg: Abbas Tahan - he made the team after Reza Yazdani's injury, very defensive and boring wrestler, small chance for medal depends on the draw, but he beat a good Georgian wrestler recently to show he is not that bad.
      125kg: Parviz Hadi - he improved a lot , he even has a chance for gold but I don't bet on that. medal is quite possible for him.

note that 6 out of 8 members will wrestle in their first ever major tournament, quite young but inexperienced team.

* top 6 from this tournament qualify for Rio Olympics.

Comment

Thank you for all the inforation. Do you think we have a chance for team title in freestyle? It looks like we have no chance for team title in greco. Also is the best possible team we could send minus injuries for both styles?

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
        Freestyle

57kg: Hassan Rahimi - he is an ex-world champion but didn't shine last year, he still can beat anybody in this world but sometimes he just freezes during the match. medal and even gold is quite possible for him but nothing guaranteed.
        61kg: Behnam Ehsanpour - He beat the world champion recently but still quite unpredictable. even though this is a non-Olympic weight but the field is still quite strong. I expect medal after all.
        65kg: Ahmad Mohammadi - He is fun to watch because of his high scoring matches, does stupid mistakes sometimes but still I consider him as our best chance for gold in Olympic weights.
        70kg: Hassan Yazdani - this kid is just amazing, no doubt our best chance for gold , the only thing makes me worry about him is that there are so much pressure on him to win the gold and he is just 21. if he handles the pressure he will win the gold for sure.
        74kg: Alireza Ghasemi - He came from nowhere to win the trials and later won a tourney in Poland beating World Silver medalist, I really like his style, I believe he has a chance for medal but he lacks experience. gold is almost impossible because of Burroughs.
        86kg: Alireza Karimi - he is also 21 and a very good wrestler, I rank him 2nd at the world right now but the #1 wrestler from Russia is almost unbeatable, Silver or Bronze for Karimi.
        97kg: Abbas Tahan - he made the team after Reza Yazdani's injury, very defensive and boring wrestler, small chance for medal depends on the draw, but he beat a good Georgian wrestler recently to show he is not that bad.
        125kg: Parviz Hadi - he improved a lot , he even has a chance for gold but I don't bet on that. medal is quite possible for him.

note that 6 out of 8 members will wrestle in their first ever major tournament, quite young but inexperienced team.

* top 6 from this tournament qualify for Rio Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
          Thank you for all the inforation. Do you think we have a chance for team title in freestyle? It looks like we have no chance for team title in greco. Also is the best possible team we could send minus injuries for both styles?
          we have chance for team title in both, in Greco because there is no superpower . we are weak at 66 and 130, other countries also do not have a complete good team. they have weaknesses as well. we can finish 1st or even 10th ! they are all possible

while in freestyle it will be between Iran and Russia. after these 2 teams USA or Azerbaijan. still Russia is the clear favorite for the team title.

is this the best possible team

in freestyle, I think Mohammadian is a much better wrestler than Tahan, but Tahan beat him at the trials and finished higher than him in Polish tourney, they know who is better but could not justify sending Mohammadian. (his father is a member of the federation and sending him to Vegas could make so many problems)
          I also think Jokar is better than Karimi at the moment but Karimi beat him twice (both narrowly) and he is also good so they didn't hesitate to pick him.

in Greco, we are sending the best in all weights but 66. Noroozi is a head and shoulder above Zeidvand but they disqualified him because of his behavor at the trials
          also at 130kg , they could manage things better. they let Mehdizadeh and Bashirzadeh go (both completely out of shape) and since they had no other option they asked Alyari to move up from 98 to complete the team, the guy who won the 130kg trials sucks big time and even Aliyar beat him convincingly.

Comment

http://90tv.ir/video/145220/%D8%AA%D...8C%DA%A9%D8%A7

Comment

wow ghasem goes up against the russian rank nr2 wrestler right away! Ghasem is ranked nr3. the armenian is ranked nr1 and is expected to reach the final against the winner of ghasem/magomedov

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                wow ghasem goes up against the russian rank nr2 wrestler right away! Ghasem is ranked nr3. the armenian is ranked nr1 and is expected to reach the final against the winner of ghasem/magomedov
                Yes, but for Abdevali he got a good draw, hopefully he can finally get his well deserved gold

Comment

Abdevali got a very good draw, the Russian and the Aremnian are a big challenger in the 75kg group and they face each other first!!!bBut Ghasem has a very though match if he wins it he has a clear path to the final.

UWW really needs to do seeds so the top wrestlers do not face each other in the first few rounds, its retty ridiculous how much of winning a championship depends on luck of the draw

Comment

Live stream:
                    https://unitedworldwrestling.org/eve...nship-senior-1

Comment

All 3 first matches for our guys are on mat B

Comment

Abedevai messed up in the semis and will wrestle for bronze. Ghasemi made the final but his is facing the armenian guy who is clearly the best. Realistically we will finish with a bronze and a silver on day one. Not a bad start. Also our 66kg wrestler was embarrassing and lost his opening match.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                          Abedevai messed up in the semis and will wrestle for bronze. Ghasemi made the final but his is facing the armenian guy who is clearly the best. Realistically we will finish with a bronze and a silver on day one. Not a bad start. Also our 66kg wrestler was embarrassing and lost his opening match.
                          When's the final?

Comment

in 1 hour

Originally posted by Doroudi View Post
                            When's the final?

Comment

damn.. Abdevalli lost Bronze medal to US wrestler Bisek.
                              2 points deduction due to foul.

This kid has been so unfortunate.... I really want him to win Gold at 2016 Olympics...
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X