Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the government actually gave a damn about the advancement of Iranian sports! Improvement in sports leads to a better global image and can help lead Iran to more success in international affairs. Nonetheless, hats off to the athletes who actually made it this far, as you said, with virtually no support!
    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
      I wish the government actually gave a damn about the advancement of Iranian sports! Improvement in sports leads to a better global image and can help lead Iran to more success in international affairs. Nonetheless, hats off to the athletes who actually made it this far, as you said, with virtually no support!
      is so sad, north korea does better than iran in most tournements, they get medals, weighlifting, table tennis, judo, is just sad

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        is so sad, north korea does better than iran in most tournements, they get medals, weighlifting, table tennis, judo, is just sad
        northkorea often gets more medals than canada or denmark!

Comment

Tell me about it lol Even though I like Japan it's really annoying to see the news everyday and watch long ass news specials on Japan's latest medal wins when Iran still hasn't got any D:

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Tell me about it lol Even though I like Japan it's really annoying to see the news everyday and watch long ass news specials on Japan's latest medal wins when Iran still hasn't got any D:
            ok dont compare japan with iran, japan is advance, they are good at most sports, we are not, they have background infustructure we dont

Comment

ok dont compare japan with iran, japan is advance, they are good at most sports, we are not, they have background infrastructure we dont
              I know and agree with you completely. It's just frustrating knowing that with the money Iran has, they can easily invest in better facilities, equipment, and player development; still they choose to mismanage funds and do nothing to solve corruption. They should follow the Japanese model, but sadly I know they won't, not any time soon at least.

ZendebadIran!

Comment

any other Iranian athletes competing today?

Comment

I know and agree with you completely. It's just frustrating knowing that with the money Iran has, they can easily invest in better facilities, equipment, and player development; still they choose to mismanage funds and do nothing to solve corruption. They should follow the Japanese model, but sadly I know they won't, not any time soon at least.
                  honestly teakwando, wrestling and weighlifting dont need infustructure hence iran do well, but sports like track and field, swimming or gymnastic, archery and shooting we lack due to infustructure

Comment

The single greatest advancement in Iranian culture in the last 200 years would be an anticorruption office in the government that worked to allocate monry to the correct areas. It would also terminate any employee stealing any money from the sports.

All it takes is the interest and we could improve all of our sports. Of course, Privatization is the enemy of IR

Comment

Part of the reason why I'm no longer active on this forum is because some of you are the biggest pessimistic and negative people I've ever come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                        Part of the reason why I'm no longer active on this forum is because some of you are the biggest pessimistic and negative people I've ever come across.
                        Thats Iranians for ya!
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

honestly teakwando, wrestling and weighlifting dont need infustructure hence iran do well, but sports like track and field, swimming or gymnastic, archery and shooting we lack due to infustructure
                          How? All of our football stadiums have tracks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                            Well that's very negative of you

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Sports in the third world countries cannot be separated from politics. Since governments control all the resources, then expectations are to wait for them.

Kia academy is a GOOD example that people can work together to create similar academies or environments. We, Iranians are NOT used to spending money on sport or music. Unless music is going to a concert which in this case Iranians or many Iranians have money.

I am for keeping present and future governments away from sports. We need more Kia type academies for ALL sports, not just football.
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                How? All of our football stadiums have tracks!
                                you may be right, but that has no relevace to having a good track and filed team, you need good coach, right training, right competition which iran lack alot

Comment

Working...
                                X