Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

What about Behdad Molaei. Is he qualified because he looks pretty impressive in this clean and snatch from 2013.

https://instagram.com/p/BDOJPz5BOx-/

It's 260kg in training (official WR is 263kgs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sourian has a tough draw tomorrow. MY prediction is loss in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
        no only saw him do 225 on insta wasn't that impressed, it seems he might have to much to catch up for medal
        I think you didn't watch it carefully, that was very impressive actually, that wasn't a normal Clean and Jerk attempt.

Comment

Sourian got the worst possible draw, I think qualifying from here will be easier than winning the gold in Rio 2016 !

he beat these guys before and he can beat them again, just need to stay calm and keep focus. I think key match is his 2nd round match (and of course the 1st round with Amoyan), if he wins his first two matches, he has a good chance to make it, he has to beat a 4-time World/Olympics medalist and former world champion in round 1 and 2.

Comment

he just lost 7-4 after being 4-0 up , he has no energy left

Comment

SHITTT

Comment

sourian does not look fit at all,

Comment

I am really pissed at him!

Comment

Amir Ghasemi (Greco Roman, 130kg) has made it to the Olympics

Comment

So sourian is out and we dont qualify that weight for Rio? Also what tournament was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                        So sourian is out and we dont qualify that weight for Rio? Also what tournament was this?
                        It was a world wide qualification tournament and there is still one last chance remaining, in two weeks in Turkey. only top 2 qualify.

Sourian most probably won't go there, he was deadly tired today, they have to send another wrestler. probably Saman Abdevali if he is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                          It was a world wide qualification tournament and there is still one last chance remaining, in two weeks in Turkey. only top 2 qualify.

Sourian most probably won't go there, he was deadly tired today, they have to send another wrestler. probably Saman Abdevali if he is ready.
                          What happened to Mohsen Shadi ?
                          They have sent Aghel Habibian and he sucks big time, being beaten by almost anyone from weak countries, how can we lose the quota in Rowing when they give 7 places and we are the # 1 in Asia in single sculls ?

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN300 View Post
                            What happened to Mohsen Shadi ?
                            They have sent Aghel Habibian and he sucks big time, being beaten by almost anyone from weak countries, how can we lose the quota in Rowing when they give 7 places and we are the # 1 in Asia in single sculls ?
                            He just announced retirement for no specific reason ! apparently after winning Asian Games gold medal twice (and knowing the fact he will never win an Olympic medal) he has no motivation.

yeah you are right, Habibian sucks big time, I knew he is not Shadi but he is really bad. we were #1 in Asia in this event, not anymore.

Habibian has to finish 1st or 2nd in Final B to qualify (very unlikely).

on other hand Mahsa Javar advanced to the final of Women's Single Sculls event and therefore qualified but still not a sure thing, why ? because if Iran qualify in Doubles even, they only can pick one of these boats to send to Rio and I'm sure Iran will pick the Double event to have more athletes. the Doubles girl team was also good and it seems the have 30-40% chance to make it.

PS: Javar is the wife of World and Asian Games Wushu Champion, Mohsen Mohammadseifi, you should remember this guy from Incheon, he almost killed everybody.

PS: with Javar qualified, Iran will have at least 9 female athletes in Rio, which is a record for Iran. here is the number of Iranian female athletes in each Summer Olympics.

2012 - 8
                            2008 - 3
                            2004 - 1
                            2000 - 1
                            1996 - 1
                            1992 - 0
                            1988 - 0
                            1984/1980 - Did not participate
                            1976 - 4
                            1972 - 0
                            1968 - 0
                            1964 - 4
                            1948-1960 - 0

Comment

Are there any more qualifications? I expect our numbers to be greater especially fielding at least 12 female athletes..

Comment

I think at this very moment we have about 43 athletes in the olympics for Iran.

I'm expecting volleyball men to qualify as well, which means at least another 11.

We will most likely have more athletes this time (54+), than the previous time (53).

Comment

Working...
                                X