Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just imagine what it could have been if:

(1) Omid wasn't cheated in Gerco
    (2) A little bit of luck was on our side in Fencing
    (3) Behdad wasn't robbed
    (4) Farzan wasn't so cocky/careless
    (5) Kimia wasn't injured
    (6) Hamid was fit in Gerco
    (7) Mehdi didn't have to play against "Iran B", the $ell-outs
    (8) Elaheh hadn't choked in the finals

We could have had easily 10 Gold medals, if not more, if things had gone our way. What an opportunity wasted. So unlucky on so many fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      Look I am Azari, and I happen to know also a lot of people from Azarbajedjan too.
      Trust me, they hate Turkey.
      Those people who hold both flags are 100% Turkish separatists pretending to be Azarbajedjanis!
      its all Turkish propaganda.
      In Baku, no one cares for Turkey at all!

Now in terms of Iran, elder Azarbajedjanis love Iran, the new generation (sowjet brainwahsed) sees Azarbajedjan as an independent country with no affiliation, but they still admit historical connection with Iran. But none care for Turkey!
      Dont be fooled by Turkish propoaganda separatists, in Azabajedjan when they see people carry Turkish flag next to their flag, they get mad and swear at Turkish people.

Same is what they do in Iran among our own Azari fans, they dont represent us, they dont even speak Azari, they have their Turkish accent!
      My comment was strictly related to the athletes. I didn't mean to generalize. As it currently stands if you wrestle for Turkey or Azarbaijan you are not Iranian and do not deserve our support. Again I am not referring to someone born in Turkey or elsewhere but rather those opportunists who switch nationalities a la Qatar football team.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Some stories about Iran in olympics 2016 :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...flag-1.3730919

http://www.snopes.com/iran-censored-female-athletes/

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          The censored vid has to be fake. Also saw it posted by some fucking Israeli Facebook group.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
            The censored vid has to be fake. Also saw it posted by some fucking Israeli Facebook group.
            Of course its fake, we all watched the iranian channels all day, when did we see that being shown? K**am dahane those who make this shit up.

Comment

Interview with Yazdani and Rahimi

Comment

OMG Kimia sounds so cute when she speaks, instant love!!!

Comment

Khak bar sare Federation that they even did not let one of our Athlets to the closing ceremony. The Statement with the tieredness is BS. They just did not wanted them to be part of this Party.

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Comment

Comment

^ good for him.. take $ over I.R. any day.

Comment

So I realized Iran did not do well in Rio 2016. What would you think are the needed steps to take in order to perform better in future events? How do successful countries such as UK (with smaller population than Iran) prepare for the Olympics?
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                          So I realized Iran did not do well in Rio 2016. What would you think are the needed steps to take in order to perform better in future events? How do successful countries such as UK (with smaller population than Iran) prepare for the Olympics?
                          u cannot compare UK with Iran. u can compare AZB with Iran or other neighbouring countries. Turkey and Iran are incredible close in olympics if you look at medals and what sports they win medals in

Comment

Ok, but in any event how does the UK prepare its athletes? Does anyone have any specifics to share with us here?
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                              Ok, but in any event how does the UK prepare its athletes? Does anyone have any specifics to share with us here?
                              Very simple, after winning just 1 gold in atlanta they invested lots of money in sport through the UK National Lottery funding, and then they saw the initial successes in china.

At that point, they cut the funding to sports which they weren't achieving anything in, and multiplied the funding in sports they were successful in.

So to put it simply:

1) National lottery (i.e. a sport and culture tax)
                              2) Funding based on results

Comment

Iran has got an additional gold medal from London 2012

Saeid Mohammadpour, who finished 5th in Weightlifting (94kg) receives gold after all athletes, who finished above were disqualified.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sp...-idUSKCN11K2AD
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight..._Men%27s_94_kg

Comment

Working...
                                X