Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece, Italy and Croatia are almost impossible to beat, I will be happy if our guys beat Mexico and make it to the semfinal, don't even think about Rio.

Comment

Anyone motivated to go in Torino?

Comment

Not sure if I should ask my Greek friend what he thinks or not

Comment

http://varzeshvideo.com/?p=14270

Mohammad Bana exposes Ahmadinejad and tells about how Sourian dedicated his medal to him.

Comment

So only nr. 1 from each group qualifies? What about the other teams??
            Oh snap, I just checked, only best team from BOTH GROUPS Will qualify! Well, at least we will play some strong teams, just for fun

Comment

Im going to watch some of the games. will be great for sure

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                http://varzeshvideo.com/?p=14270

Mohammad Bana exposes Ahmadinejad and tells about how Sourian dedicated his medal to him.
                I think a lot of Iranians owe him an apology. The ones who did everything they could to destroy Sourian and even threatened his life after this staged incident. The same ones who ended up voting a mulla in 2013.

I am happy that I supported him all the way. He has been my favorite athlete for 10 years now!

Comment

Golnoosh Sebghatollahi secures Olympic spot

http://en.mehrnews.com/news/113937/Woman-shooter-secures-Rio-Olympics-spot

Comment

Pouria Noroozian secures Olympic spot in Men's 10m air riffle

http://90tv.ir/news/207500/%D8%AA%DB...B1%D9%81%D8%AA

Comment

Mahlagha Jambozorg secured another Olympic quota for Iran in Shooting, in 50m Rifle 3 positions. this is our 31st quota for Rio

on another news, we will be in the same group with Spain, Sweden and Slovenia in Handball Olympic Qualifiers.

Comment

Iran handball team will play in a group composed of Spain, Sweden and Slovenia to qualify to Olympics. top two of this group qualify.

Comment

Is there any update on how many athletes (and in exactly which fields) will Iran send to the 2016 Olympics?
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                            Is there any update on how many athletes (and in exactly which fields) will Iran send to the 2016 Olympics?
                            Qualifiers in so many sports are still in progress but so far 31 Iranian athletes officially qualified for Rio

Archery 1
                            Athletics 5
                            Boxing 1
                            Cycling 3
                            Shooting 5
                            Taekwondo 3
                            Weightlifting 5
                            Wrestling 8

beside that we are 100% sure about qualifying at least one athlete in Judo and one in Fencing via world ranking, it will be official after few months.

we still have realistic chance to qualify more in following sports
                            Volleyball (men's team)
                            Taekwondo (2 women)
                            Wrestling (remaining 4 quotas)
                            Table Tennis
                            Swimming (1 wild card)
                            Fencing (probably 2 in men's sabre)
                            Judo (1, 2 or 3 depends on Mahjoub and Mollaei results in Grand Prix series)
                            Athletics (few more Iranians are not that far from the qualification marks)
                            Rowing (2 or 3)
                            Boxing (1 or 2 more)
                            Archery (slim chance to qualify one more)

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                              Qualifiers in so many sports are still in progress but so far 31 Iranian athletes officially qualified for Rio
                              Archery 1
                              Athletics 5
                              Boxing 1
                              Cycling 3
                              Shooting 5
                              Taekwondo 3
                              Weightlifting 5
                              Wrestling 8
                              beside that we are 100% sure about qualifying at least one athlete in Judo and one in Fencing via world ranking, it will be official after few months.
                              we still have realistic chance to qualify more in following sports
                              Volleyball (men's team)
                              Taekwondo (2 women)
                              Wrestling (remaining 4 quotas)
                              Table Tennis
                              Swimming (1 wild card)
                              Fencing (probably 2 in men's sabre)
                              Judo (1, 2 or 3 depends on Mahjoub and Mollaei results in Grand Prix series)
                              Athletics (few more Iranians are not that far from the qualification marks)
                              Rowing (2 or 3)
                              Boxing (1 or 2 more)
                              Archery (slim chance to qualify one more)
                              Hi bro!
                              There is no way to qualify more than 2 in judo as no one is listed in top 100 in any other category (other than 81 and 100), plus Israel is high in the ranking in all of these weights which means the federation doesn't even bother himself sending guys in these category.
                              Also about Boxing, do you know which boxers will be send to Asians ? I mean we have 3 good guys in APB currently (Mohammadpour, Ghasemipour and most importantly Delavari), can we send them at this tournament ? Otherwise other guys are much weaker in their categories, and I don't see any of them qualifying except Mehrabi in 75. Plus it will be a big waste to not use Delavari, as he will never qualify from international tournaments.
                              Thanks for the update.

Comment

whats the status on the super taekwondo woman of Iran? She won a WC but has bad ranking?

Comment

Working...
                                X