Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
    I don't see Iran defeating World's Powerhouse Spain today so I assume the handball qualification is over for IRan.
    I saw parts of the game against Sweden. Iran was awful and outclassed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
      I saw parts of the game against Sweden. Iran was awful and outclassed.
      The game against Spain is at 16.15 (West Europe time). Are Esteki and other legionnaires here?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        The game against Spain is at 16.15 (West Europe time). Are Esteki and other legionnaires here?
        I don't think any legionnaires are there.
        sigpic

Comment

Iran jersey is nice
          8/7 for Spain so far

Comment

lol iranian channel showing curling (Japan/USA) in the middle of the handball game

Comment

unreal news: reza yazdani who everyone knows has a bad knee, has to do an exhasuting jumping exercise in training and boom he's leg goes bad and he might miss out on olympics! there is a video on insta iranian wrestling account of the moment he gets injured

Comment

There goes one of our medal chances

Comment

Two more quotas for Iran, both in table tennis

Neda Shahsavari (women's singles) and Nima Alamian (men's singles)

they both won the middle Asia quota in Asian Qualification tournament in Hong Kong. Shahsavari beat her Uzbek opponent 4-3 in a dramatic way, while Nima beat his elder brother Noshad 4-2 in the final.

Comment

Big day for our Olympic qualifications today. Wrestling qualifiers between the best Iranian athletes of each weight are underway.

Comment

FIBA just suspend Italy, Croatia, Greece (Israel) federations so it may mean that Iran will qualify for olympics in basketball!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        FIBA just suspend Italy, Croatia, Greece (Israel) federations so it may mean that Iran will qualify for olympics in basketball!
                        How did they get suspended?!

And that means we only have to play against Mexico and Tunisia? Well, I'm sure they will change the format then and add some teams from the other groups into our group, such as France. :/

Comment

source?
                          i searched every and couldn't find any news of suspension

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                            source?
                            i searched every and couldn't find any news of suspension
                            There is a German source. 14 teams have been banned for European competitions. The German federation has asked for a separate Olympic qualifier tournament.

http://www.sport1.de/basketball/2016...e-fuer-em-2017
                            https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Comment

Great news from the past couple of days. Our table tennis team managed to get 3 quotas for the first time ever. Nima and Noshad alamian (Men) and Neda Shahsavari (Women) qualified for the Olympics.

And just an hour ago my favorite girl Kimia Alizadeh got us a nice qualification in female lightweight Taekwondo. She is only 17 making her I think our youngest ever Olympian!

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                                There is a German source. 14 teams have been banned for European competitions. The German federation has asked for a separate Olympic qualifier tournament.

http://www.sport1.de/basketball/2016...e-fuer-em-2017
                                https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
                                That only says for Eurobasket 2017???

Comment

Working...
                                X