Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ and for the same reason none of those countries sent their A team to Shiraz, maybe except Kazakhstan,

Russia also secured all 6 Olympic spots earlier and could send a good team but they didn't because their nationals (also Olympic trials) will be held in few days.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
      Yes, the reason was that he had recently played in the Olympic qualifiers and the coach didn't want to over-tire him. He is in the camp with the rest of the team now.
      i figure it out thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        i figure it out thanks alot
        You are welcome.

Comment

Rostami broke the WC in training today in 2 zarb

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            Rostami broke the WC in training today in 2 zarb
            Thanks for the info.
            But it does not mean that much, he already done this before 2012 OG, 2014 WC/AG, 2015 WC but we already know what happened.

Comment

Volleyball: Iran 3-1 Poland (friendly)

http://90tv.ir/news/255633/%D8%AA%DB...AF%D8%A7%D8%AF

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                Volleyball: Iran 3-1 Poland (friendly)

http://90tv.ir/news/255633/%D8%AA%DB...AF%D8%A7%D8%AF
                Good. I was getting a bit worried after they won only by 3-2 against China in a friendly a few days ago. I thought they weren't gonna be prepared in time.

Comment

We always have to have a eye on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ummer_Olympics

In Taekwondo, they have one in our weight category already!

Ajab mellate badbakhti hastim.

Comment

Originally posted by Narse View Post
                    We always have to have a eye on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ummer_Olympics

I disagree.

This topic has been discussed many times before.

Politics is NOT separate from sports or anything else. It should be but it is not.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I am worried about that too. Our best hope for a gold can face Israeli in the first round.

Comment

I am worried about that too. Our best hope for a gold can face Israeli in the first round.
                        Yes, Farzan Ashourzadeh is current World Champion! This poor kid has to be now nervous until the start. No doubt this will impact his practice Just think about the pysological pressure for such a young person.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                          I disagree.
                          This topic has been discussed many times before.
                          Politics is NOT separate from sports or anything else. It should be but it is not.
                          This topic will come up again and again because it matters. Just think about the many potential medals we always lose because of that. Remember 2004 Olympics with Arash Miresmaeili? He was current World Champion at that time and could not fight because of some Arabs who hate Iran with every fiber in their heart.

Comment

Yes, Farzan Ashourzadeh is current World Champion! This poor kid has to be now nervous until the start. No doubt this will impact his practice Just think about the pysological pressure for such a young person.
                            Yes. Such a shame because he is likely to face him as the draw will be based on ranking and Farzan is #1 and Israeli is one of the bottom 3 right now.

Comment

Yes. Such a shame because he is likely to face him as the draw will be based on ranking and Farzan is #1 and Israeli is one of the bottom 3 right now.
                              Sigh... why doesn't he just face him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                                Sigh... why doesn't he just face him anyway.
                                its not up to him

Comment

Working...
                                X