Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
    The final Taekwondo ranking is out and Farzan is #1 while the Israeli is at #21!! I think there is a chance they will face in the first round!!
    Nope, Farzan will fight Morocco in first round, he won't face Israeli guy until the semifinal and I doubt this guy can go this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
      10 hours to mexico game. mexico is expected to win by 9p
      links ?

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
        Nope, Farzan will fight Morocco in first round, he won't face Israeli guy until the semifinal and I doubt this guy can go this far.
        Yes, I realized afterwards. See my later post. He is quite lucky that Moroccan is below Israel.

Comment

Iran up 4p and have the ball with lesst han 3min to go suddenly we started fighting each other and gave the ball away not walking to other court side and we lost. major major fail losing like this

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            Iran up 4p and have the ball with lesst han 3min to go suddenly we started fighting each other and gave the ball away not walking to other court side and we lost. major major fail losing like this
            Shameful. Huge discipline issues.
            Why were we fighting with each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Shameful. Huge discipline issues.
              Why were we fighting with each other?
              they gave up 3 rebounds on same attack and mexiko finally scored and we lost our heads despite game being close. ball posession after their 2p ref called the slow walk call when we didnt run the ball to other side. unreal way to lose such a big game. iran would have advanced with a win

Comment

Iran is the worst basketball team in the world, fucking absolutely terrible. Our basketball will never get fucking anywhere. All we had to do was rebound the fucking ball and we would have won. Not only we didn't rebound, we gave up 3 offensive boards on that possession and turned the ball over after it. I can't fucking believe we lost like this.

Comment

^^we fucked up when we lost to S.Korea in Asia cup last year.we had a easy path IMO to Rio. we are mentally weak, we have a weak squad that experience that plays like High school players, we have a weak federation etc

my suggestion is that we move Davarzani from Volleyball to Basketball and have him rebuild it from youth and bring it up . this crop of players are all junk. worse less. with all the hype and "golden age" they chocked!!
                  IRI = FAILED

Comment

The golden age is already being replaced slowly.

Its a shame how we lost but the positive is that the team is currently being completely overhauled.
                    4 years from now the team will look completely different.

Comment

4 years from now Iran will still be shit. It doesn't matter if we are rebuilding or whatever the fuck we are doing. There is no excuse to blow a game like this. I wasn't even expecting us to go to Olympics after we lost to China in Asian Championship. We should have won today and we blew it like fucking retards. It doesn't matter how many points we were gonna lose by against Croatia or Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                        Yes, I realized afterwards. See my later post. He is quite lucky that Moroccan is below Israel.
                        not only him, guys from Thailand and Colombia are also below the Israeli guy. that Thai guy was very dangerous, I'm glad Farzan won't face him , instead his top Korean opponent will ! this Morocco guy is the best draw possible for him.

remember that countries still can change their qualified athlete and send another one, so this draw is NOT final but assuming nobody will change, this will be Farzan's draw

IRN-MAR
                        CHN-ESP
                        MEX-LBA
                        BRA-ISR
                        --------
                        KOR-THA
                        BEL-AUS
                        GER-DOM
                        POR-COL

he will have problems in second round, this Spaniard beat Farzan once (even though with refs helps) and his Chinese guy had two close matches with Farzan even though Farzan won both, still I see Farzan as the clear favorite here. just let's hope this Israeli guy can't survive two rounds, he recently won a silver in European championship, he is not weak and can beat those guys still this is not likely to happen.

as for Kimia Alizadeh, this is her table, she avoided her archrival Jade Jones till the final, still a very tough draw

GBR-MAR
                        PAN-BEL (Raheleh Asemani, also Iranian)
                        BRA-FIN
                        SWE-AUS
                        --------
                        ESP-THA
                        CRO-IRN
                        JPN-TUN
                        EGY-COL

----------------------
                        and for Mehdi Khodabakhshi, there is a very very bad news, he will face his most dangerous opponent Milad Beigi in second round. Beigi changes nationality last year to compete for Azerbaijan. he is very very good, as good as Khodabakhshi himself

IRN-HON
                        MLI-AZE
                        RUS-USA
                        GBR-AUS
                        --------
                        MDA-TPE
                        UZB-TUN
                        CIV-POL
                        GER-DOM

Comment

One important thing about weightlifting, IWF wants to ban Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus because they had more than 3 positive tests in recent re-testing from 2008 and 2012 Olympics. if IOC approves that, this will benefit Iran a lot, I mean a lot !!!

85kg: Rostami had 4 serious opponents, Aukhadov (RUS) is already out, tested positive for his silver medal in London, still we have 2015 World Champion Okulov (RUS), this weird Chinese guy Tian Tao and a new Kazakh athlete Ulanov who set crazy records recently. if IWF bans those countries, Rostami only has to deal with Tian Tao ! his silver medal is almost secured right now.

94kg: out of top 4 weightlifters in world champs last year, 3 of them already failed the drug test ! and the other one (the gold medalist) is from Belarus, probably the only one who can challenge Sohrab Moradi. without him Moradi already has gold medal in his pocket ! unless something crazy happens.

105kg: if they ban Kazakhstan and Russia, there is only one guy remaining (Nurudinov UZB) better than our Barari here, this will give Barari a very good chance for medal. Ilya Ilyin is already banned for doping, if they ban KAZ and RUS we won't see likes of Bedzhanyan and Zaichikov.

+105kg: with Lovchev out of the picture We already knew only 2 athletes can challenge Salimi for gold, Talakhadze (GEO) and Albegov (RUS) if they ban Russia, Salimi can be almost guaranteed a silver. still I doubt Salimi can beat this Georgian kid who was fantastic this year but who knows, Salimi is improving.

beside these 4 guys, we will send one more weightlifter , Molaei (+105) or Hashemi (94). they will probably send Hashemi since 94kg is the weakest weight at the moment but even +105 is not deep, Molaei can try his chance for bronze behind Salimi and Talakhadze

Comment

OH BOY....our basketball team seems to never learn from previous mistakes. Haddadi and Kazmi with less than 5 rebs each the whole game. Its not like we were going to get past Croatia or Italy, but it would've been good experience to advance and play them.

Comment

105kg: if they ban Kazakhstan and Russia, there is only one guy remaining (Nurudinov UZB) better than our Barari here, this will give Barari a very good chance for medal. Ilya Ilyin is already banned for doping, if they ban KAZ and RUS we won't see likes of Bedzhanyan and Zaichikov.
                              Plesnieks (LAT), Martitosyan (ARM), and Michalski (POL) are also contenders. But I agree, Barari is looking good. We should have sent him to Houston instead of Nasirshallal.

Comment

not only him, guys from Thailand and Colombia are also below the Israeli guy. that Thai guy was very dangerous, I'm glad Farzan won't face him , instead his top Korean opponent will ! this Morocco guy is the best draw possible for him.

remember that countries still can change their qualified athlete and send another one, so this draw is NOT final but assuming nobody will change, this will be Farzan's draw

IRN-MAR
                                CHN-ESP
                                MEX-LBA
                                BRA-ISR
                                --------
                                KOR-THA
                                BEL-AUS
                                GER-DOM
                                POR-COL

he will have problems in second round, this Spaniard beat Farzan once (even though with refs helps) and his Chinese guy had two close matches with Farzan even though Farzan won both, still I see Farzan as the clear favorite here. just let's hope this Israeli guy can't survive two rounds, he recently won a silver in European championship, he is not weak and can beat those guys still this is not likely to happen.

as for Kimia Alizadeh, this is her table, she avoided her archrival Jade Jones till the final, still a very tough draw

GBR-MAR
                                PAN-BEL (Raheleh Asemani, also Iranian)
                                BRA-FIN
                                SWE-AUS
                                --------
                                ESP-THA
                                CRO-IRN
                                JPN-TUN
                                EGY-COL

----------------------
                                and for Mehdi Khodabakhshi, there is a very very bad news, he will face his most dangerous opponent Milad Beigi in second round. Beigi changes nationality last year to compete for Azerbaijan. he is very very good, as good as Khodabakhshi himself

IRN-HON
                                MLI-AZE
                                RUS-USA
                                GBR-AUS
                                --------
                                MDA-TPE
                                UZB-TUN
                                CIV-POL
                                GER-DOM
                                Are we looking at the same rankings? I have the July 2016 in front of me and both Columbia and Thailand are ranked above Israel??!!

https://www.hangastar.com/wtf/EMS_Ev...3e3c0000001644

As for Khadabakhshi, there is a reason he is known as the "terminator". If he repeats what I saw from him in world champs 2015 even Aaron Cook won't cause him a problem, let alone Milad Beigi.

Kimia on the other hand seems to have a though road. The croatian girl is pretty good!!

Comment

Working...
                                X