Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kianoush Rostami and Sohrab Morabi should be able to win gold. What do you guys think?

Comment

One of my friends posted this on his Instagram, apparently this is one of the submitted outfit designs for our Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        One of my friends posted this on his Instagram, apparently this is one of the submitted outfit designs for our Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Also just saw it on FB. Now THATS something our athletes can wear with aberoo, the design is sick!
        Check out the designs here: https://www.instagram.com/cameronzigzal/?hl=da

Comment

So I'm rather wondering... is there any probability for the current outfit to be replaced? Because I think all of Iran agrees that the current one is bad looking.

I was personally thinking that adding a hat (for both our males and females) would be so nice to wear. I think that it would look especially good on our female athletes. Someone pass this idea to the designers

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
            So I'm rather wondering... is there any probability for the current outfit to be replaced? Because I think all of Iran agrees that the current one is bad looking.

I was personally thinking that adding a hat (for both our males and females) would be so nice to wear. I think that it would look especially good on our female athletes. Someone pass this idea to the designers
            The olympic commitee is discussing the idea of the above design and will likely approve it tomorrow.

Comment

http://90tv.ir/video/279511/%D8%A7%D...8C%D9%85%DB%8C

from yesterday. so i guess he's improving very fast! Only question is will rio be 1 month to early or has he had enough time?

Comment

Regardless what happens, Bana is simply the best Iranian coach ever!

http://tehrantimes.com/news/404663/I...n-Rio-Mohammad

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                  http://90tv.ir/video/279511/%D8%A7%D...8C%D9%85%DB%8C

from yesterday. so i guess he's improving very fast! Only question is will rio be 1 month to early or has he had enough time?
                  that a question also there is the question of luck,in competition, if your competitors dont do well and your up you can win gold with a lighter lift, we saw that in 2012

Comment

http://90tv.ir/video/279815/%D8%AD%D...1%DB%8C-950505
                    behdad said he did 210 and 250, if he can repreat that in olympics , will be gold, rostami said he did 220 also, honestly for kianush he is weaker is snatch than clean and jerk

Comment

Apparently Iran has been offered another quota place, in Canoeing (C1 200m).

After Russia's scandal with IOC, it was decided that all Russian athletes with past record of dopping would be excluded from the Olympics. There are a lot of thing to say about that decision and how unfair and illogical it can be in many cases and the fact that the decision is completely incoherent with the initial charges against Russia but still it ended up with this last quota transfered from Russia to Iran and Adel Mojallali.

I still don't know how it landed in our hands, as the quota is given to the NOC and not the athlete and why another European country didn't take Russia's spot after all, but even before this story Canoeing qualification system was already one of the most complicated one among all sports and this only add more questions to that.

During the last years Iran's level in "Ghayeghrani" (which basically refers to Rowing, Canoeing and even Sailing in Iran) has decreased despite the high level Iran had in Asia and a growing level of participants in the country, notably for women, probably because of internal disputes and tensions in addition with the probable lack of proper attention and support to these sports (things like international competitions experience for athletes, mostly in Europe and financial support). Regardless of that Mojallali is one of the few athletes with promising future, he is still very young 20/21 but has showed good results in 2015 like 10th place at World Championships but he failed just when it matters at the Asian qualifiers at the end of the year, against supposed weaker opponents and finished 3rd when only the 1st place qualified.

I would prefer if he could qualify by himself, but the Federation and the NOC won't probably waste a chance to add 1 quota, even more for a non qualified discipline but it is unclear how well prepared he is, probably not that much but anyway it is not like he would medal after all.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        http://90tv.ir/video/279815/%D8%AD%D...1%DB%8C-950505
                        behdad said he did 210 and 250, if he can repreat that in olympics , will be gold, rostami said he did 220 also, honestly for kianush he is weaker is snatch than clean and jerk
                        to be honest lasha lifted more just recently so 210 and 250 wont be enough for gold

Comment

And another one ... Ruslan Albegov has also been reported as being retested positive for London 2012.
                          If it is confirmed, it means one less opponent for Behdad and in other words only 1 rival: Lasha Talakhadze from Georgia.
                          But as said, 210+250 isn't sure enough for gold even though still interesting. And keep in mind that usually you can't repeat what you did in trainings, even though in Salimi's case it is different.

Comment

WOW if albegov is gone it means molaei had good chance for bronze so sad

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                              WOW if albegov is gone it means molaei had good chance for bronze so sad
                              It also means Salimi and Anoushiravani beat him while he was dopped.
                              Don't know what to think about that.

Comment

what about kianoush rostami? i read somewhere he has now the silver medal of 2012 (london) because the second placed guy cheated with doping?!

Comment

Working...
                                X