Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
    Google has now added the events for each country.
    If you google ''Iran olympics'' or ''Iran rio'' you can see Iran's program.
    Only the volleyball schedule popping up for me..

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
      My pleasure Narse jan. Regarding the links the best place to watch the games would be varzesh channel on the internet. Although I am not sure if they will cover our female matches.
      They will for most of them, not sure about Shooting because TVs only show finals (everywhere around the world).
      Usually during Asian Games they avoid some women competitions because they prefer showing men's which are being held at the same time and have greater chances, except when our girls have good levels, typically sports such as Taekwondo, Karate, Wushu ... plus all "Ghayeghrani" competitions even though they are shown sometimes with a little delay.
      During Olympics IRIB has the full right to show everything (if they buy rigths), and they have covering of all fields in all sports so basically if they want they can show anything, it only depends on the way women are dressed on that sport based on their criterias. For exemple I remember they only showed Leyla Rajabi's shots 4 years ago. But for most of these sports there won't be such problem.
      About the schedule you forgot one thing:
      Friday 5: Archery Qualification for men and women but they don't announced the time yet. Also it won't be broadcasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        For London 2012, I found a official European broadcasting website, showing all live events going on with HD quality, I will try to find it again of course
        Apparently this network (Eurovision) lost the broadcasting rights this time.
        It was useful for countries where the main broadcaster isn't for free or didn't have full coverage, but otherwise you have to check your country's main broadcaster and it should have a place where you can select to watch any competition being held. Typically this is the case for most European countries, I think that NBC does the same in the US for free.

But this network will only be released 1 or 2 days before the games.
        Otherwise IRIB 3 will show all competitions where Iranians are involved (except during IPL matches) and IRIB Varzesh the rest of the competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN300 View Post
          Apparently this network (Eurovision) lost the broadcasting rights this time.
          It was useful for countries where the main broadcaster isn't for free or didn't have full coverage, but otherwise you have to check your country's main broadcaster and it should have a place where you can select to watch any competition being held. Typically this is the case for most European countries, I think that NBC does the same in the US for free.

But this network will only be released 1 or 2 days before the games.
          Otherwise IRIB 3 will show all competitions where Iranians are involved (except during IPL matches) and IRIB Varzesh the rest of the competitions.
          yeah that was the name of the network. The thing is, in a place here like Denmark, they only show the biggest competitions and competitions with Danish athletes involved, which means it will be hard to follow our own on Danish TV. nevertheless, I will have to tend to online streaming, hopefully some good quality will be available.

Comment

yeah that was the name of the network. The thing is, in a place here like Denmark, they only show the biggest competitions and competitions with Danish athletes involved, which means it will be hard to follow our own on Danish TV. nevertheless, I will have to tend to online streaming, hopefully some good quality will be available.
            It is the same everywhere, they first focus on their athletes and as Europeans have big delagations it means that they are showing their athletes competitions almost all the day.
            If the Danish national TV has the rights, you can watch everything on their website.

Comment

beinsport is good, but for iran sport the best is IRIB

Comment

apparently they forced Alireza Khojasteh withdraw ! he withdrew for "family reasons" but the real reason was an Israeli athlete in his weight.

I don't know what to say that's stupid but expected, they did the same for Javad Mahjoub 4 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                  apparently they forced Alireza Khojasteh withdraw ! he withdrew for "family reasons" but the real reason was an Israeli athlete in his weight.

I don't know what to say that's stupid but expected, they did the same for Javad Mahjoub 4 years ago
                  which sport and weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                    which sport and weight?
                    Judo 66 kg

Comment

Both countries also have one in Taekwondo 58 kg. This shit is too weird

Comment

Both countries also have one in Taekwondo 58 kg. This shit is too weird
                        yeah but since they don't use blind draw in taekwondo, we already knew Farzan won't face the Israeli before the semifinal. and he is a gold medal favorite, they won't do the same to him.

Comment

Thats why I said focus on Israel. Only in Iran

In other words, Iranian decide to have 1 athlete less for a nation who hate Iranian and their "president" yesterday met Maryam Ravaji.

But Iranian Judo sucks anyway. They are not even good at Asian level.

Comment

imagine if farzan will meet the israeli in the semifinal. this is going to be super super embarasing. one day olympic commitee will react. believe me, there is nothing more that they want but to ban iran!

Comment

Originally posted by Narse View Post
                              imagine if farzan will meet the israeli in the semifinal. this is going to be super super embarasing. one day olympic commitee will react. believe me, there is nothing more that they want but to ban iran!
                              i know, ioc will find a way to ban iran hard, look how they are hitting russia, it will be iran turn soon,

Comment

if i was a iranian player and cant go to olympics because of this or like arash mir asmali in 2004, i would change nationality and participate like that

Comment

Working...
                                X