Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Iraq u30 team draws its opening match with Denmark (0-0).

Iran would have won this opening match.

Comment

Can anyone make a list of all our medal hopefuls?

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        Ehsan Rouzbahani, the first Iranian athlete who secured his Olympic qualification a few months ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16447[/ATTACH]
        I pray that he succeeds. I was flabbergasted when the ref disqualified Ali Mazaheri during the 2012 Olympics. My life would be more complete to see one of our countrymen (and women) win a medal in boxing. In addition to that, I would love to see more medals for Iranian athletes in other sports. I hope they an accomplish another new medal for us, like the track and field medal from 2012.

Comment

Judo draws are also out

tough draw for both of them, but we can't complain. both of them have to start with one of top seeds (top 8)

Mahjoub vs Nikiforov (BEL)
          Mollaei vs Khalmurzaev (RUS)

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
            Can anyone make a list of all our medal hopefuls?
            To make short:
            _ all of our 6 Freestyle wrestlers (57, 65, 74, 86, 97 and 125)
            _ all of our 6 Greco wrestlers (59, 66, 75, 85, 97 and even Bashir in 130KG)
            _ all of our 4 Taekwondoka (3 men at 58, 80 and +80 and Kimia at 57)
            _ 4 out of 5 Weightlifters (85, Moradi at 94, very small chance at 105, +105), we also have Hashemi at 94 but he won't do anything

Smaller chances
            _ Elaheh Ahmadi and Najmeh Khedmati Shooting 10m Air Rifle
            _ Mollaei and Mahjoub in Judo (81 and 100)
            _ Rouzbahani in Boxing (81)
            _ Abedini and Pakdaman in Sabre Fencing
            _ Volleyball Team

Only the first one seems really possible but you never know.
            I could have add Haddadi in Athletics if he was in shape and 50m Rifle 3 positions if they could decently train that event.

Comment

guys please provide all link to game starting saturday with shooting,also provide link where they show the game on kodi , also where are the draw charts for the games

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN300 View Post
                https://smsprio2016-a.akamaihd.net/_...2016_08_04.pdf
                Fencing Men's Sabre Draw.
                This one is hard too, but well nothing was guaranted in this event and there are a lot of good fencers so anyway you have to face them sooner or later.

1st Round
                Abedini vs Yagodka (UKR)
                Pakdaman vs Szabo (GER)

Possible 2nd Round
                Abedini vs Gu Bon Gil (S. Korea)
                Pakdaman vs Yakimenko (Russia)

Yakimenko and Gu are 2 of the bests fencers in the world right now, the Russian being the reigning world champion and Gu is usually the best man from Asia which means a lot. The good point is that both of our fencers know these 2 really well as they have faced them many times recently, however Gu is Abedini's arch rival and has lost a lot against him, on the other side Pakdaman won his last match against Yakimenko.
                In an ideal world they would have met someone else than the #2 and #3 of the draw in 1/8 but that's it.
                fencing will be hard, even if abedini beat GU, he will face the italian who got silver in 2012 , i believe in abedini, however will be a hard test. italian are great in fencing

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  fencing will be hard, even if abedini beat GU, he will face the italian who got silver in 2012 , i believe in abedini, however will be a hard test. italian are great in fencing
                  Sure you should never underestimate Italians, moreover in this kind of sport where they use also their psychological weapons and Italians are powerful in fencing both behind and in the court.
                  But there is a hierarchy in Sabre now and both these Italians are not amont top favourites anymore, both of them are old.
                  For sure his main rival is Gu, if he can beat him then he has done much for medal. Koreans are really really good in Fencing and even more in Sabre, and the fact that our guys have hard competition with them tells a lot. Gu and Kim (the other Korean) have been in Top 4 of the WR together for years now.

Comment

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

So Zahra Nemati is up first for Iran in Archery.

Should I stay up till 11pm to see it, or is there better things on offer tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 hours? you mean tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        So Zahra Nemati is up first (in 3 hours time) for Iran in Archery.

Should I stay up till 11pm to see it, or is there better things on offer tomorrow?

Today is the opening ceremony. We aren't gonna see any Iranians in action until tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                          Today is the opening ceremony. We aren't gonna see any Iranians in action until tomorrow...
                          Sorry, you are corrected. I got the days mixed up!

Comment

apparently it is really today. it says at 6:00 pm german time, which is in 3 and half hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                              What does the opening ceremony have to do with anything? Soccer started two days ago, and archery starts today. It's not like nothing happens until after the opening ceremony.

Comment

Looks like Zahra already competed, and got 46th in the rankings round https://www.rio2016.com/en/archery-w...-ranking-round

Comment

Working...
                                X